News feature

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
3Lorde

News feature

Post by 3Lorde »

3Lorde wrote: ↑Yesterday, 9:03 am
Pentarctagon wrote: ↑October 17th, 2019, 12:41 am
At the very least, the Ideas forum would be a better place to propose adding something new to the game.
I just would like to see something new in this release, as I said before and I agree with Pentarctagon that the forum is the best place for it.
I just think that last time just to implement the SDL2 takes too long to release in 1.14. (Apart from Quesnoth elves I don't see to much difference).
Now I still think the same way you should bring something new like:
1 - graphics from Inferno (3D) and movies feature.
2- The AMLAs Dugi because I like infinite AMLAs.

I think it's just copied and paste with some adjustments.
Even if it takes longer like last time. I think it's time for it. And that maybe help Inferno to create more campaigns.

You said about the help I don't know how I can do that. maybe some translation to Portuguese

3Lorde, as Pent said, this thread is not the place to suggest such things. Suggestions are always welcome, but in this thread, they'll just be lost. A suggestion is best posted as one thread per suggestion over in the Ideas forum: https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewforum.php?f=12 The first step is to discuss what change should be made to the core (some ideas are better suited for add-ons).

If you'd like to help with Portuguese translation, the best way to start would to contact the existing translation teams and coordinate, see https://wiki.wesnoth.org/WesnothTranslations.

I suppose that is the place for it. and some Help the Portuguese word for Campaign is "Campanha" you can see that mistake in the main menu. Many things still in English and look like that PT-pt It's not to much work on it.
josteph
Inactive Developer

Re: News feature

Post by josteph »

3Lorde, thanks for your interest in the translation. Please report the mistakes to the relevant translation team, in this case, to trewe.
3Lorde

Post by 3Lorde »

josteph wrote: October 24th, 2019, 4:55 am 3Lorde, thanks for your interest in the translation. Please report the mistakes to the relevant translation team, in this case, to Trewe.
How could I contact Trewe?
By the way, you took my ideas in consideration if even it's hard to do it?
GunChleoc
Translator

Post by GunChleoc »

Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Adding features from add-ons to the core game means placing technical restrictions (mostly based around the release schedule, maintenance branches, and distribution thereof) on when and how those features are updated. It’s more advantageous for the community to develop add-ons entirely independently from the core game.

As for the case of TLU’s cinematics, I want to clarify something for you all: they are not officially supported. The Wesnoth image cache code (which is where all loaded images come through) was never designed with large images in mind. The TLU approach involves such a large number of images which are large in size themselves, it was at some point able to cause the game to run into the memory ceiling on 32-bit Windows (#2915). The only proper way to ever implement this without causing issues for players is to add support for real movie formats to the game engine (#2918), which is low-priority and isn’t being worked on since few people (if anyone besides inferno8 at all) would be able to take advantage of it. That said, if someone decided to implement it properly we can provide any necessary assistance with understanding the engine’s code and would absolutely welcome an eventual pull request.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
3Lorde

Post by 3Lorde »

shadowm wrote: October 24th, 2019, 6:21 pm Adding features from add-ons to the core game means placing technical restrictions (mostly based around the release schedule, maintenance branches, and distribution thereof) on when and how those features are updated. It’s more advantageous for the community to develop add-ons entirely independently from the core game.

As for the case of TLU’s cinematics, I want to clarify something for you all: they are not officially supported. The Wesnoth image cache code (which is where all loaded images come through) was never designed with large images in mind. The TLU approach involves such a large number of images which are large in size themselves, it was at some point able to cause the game to run into the memory ceiling on 32-bit Windows (#2915). The only proper way to ever implement this without causing issues for players is to add support for real movie formats to the game engine (#2918), which is low-priority and isn’t being worked on since few people (if anyone besides inferno8 at all) would be able to take advantage of it. That said, if someone decided to implement it properly we can provide any necessary assistance with understanding the engine’s code and would absolutely welcome an eventual pull request.
Shadowm, you spoke just about the 1st idea and I understand the complexity of it even if just the graphics (I'm not a programmer), but about the 2nd. Implement infinite AMLAs(as Dugi do "should be more simple").
I think the people maybe don't use another feature because don't exist. But the people try to innovate as Inferno8 and Dugi do. You already built 2 good campaigns with extra AMLAs. I hope to see both of your campaigns in the next version of Wesnoth. You can just do 1.16 partial and 1.18 versions full functional these features especially the second feature that I spoke.

Edit: I see no one take into consideration my suggestion. No one said anything properly... I felt my suggestions is ignored. Both of them. I never said that made in just one version, but I would like the DEVs to take it (Wesnoth - game) for the next level. And principally took into consideration. Even if impossible now do that in one release.
3Lorde

Post by 3Lorde »

I would like to know why this game doesn't have automatic updates. At last in a minor version.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

It has.
3Lorde

Post by 3Lorde »

Ravana wrote: March 14th, 2020, 2:00 pmIt has.
How? I never see it. I the time I have to install when a new version comes out.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Steam is easiest way to enable it for most users.
3Lorde

Post by 3Lorde »

Ravana wrote: March 14th, 2020, 2:50 pm Steam is easiest way to enable it for most users.
And without steam?
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

SourceForge is the only way that doesn't have this now, I believe. Otherwise for Windows there's Steam, macOS has Steam and its app store, and linux has Steam and Flatpak (distro repositories are kind of a in the middle where the updates do come down, but only when the distro packagers make it available).
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
3Lorde

Post by 3Lorde »

Pentarctagon wrote: March 14th, 2020, 5:10 pm SourceForge is the only way that doesn't have this now, I believe. Otherwise for Windows there's Steam, macOS has Steam and its app store, and linux has Steam and Flatpak (distro repositories are kind of a in the middle where the updates do come down, but only when the distro packagers make it available).
Why don't do that for the "SourceForge" too?

And it's possible to put the Dugi AMLA''s in the mainline? Or at last like the modifications in the image below. (I like infinite AMLA's and the level 4 from Dugi)
Attachments
Sem Título.png
Sem Título.png (36.18 KiB) Viewed 3524 times
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

3Lorde wrote: March 16th, 2020, 2:20 pm
Pentarctagon wrote: March 14th, 2020, 5:10 pm SourceForge is the only way that doesn't have this now, I believe. Otherwise for Windows there's Steam, macOS has Steam and its app store, and linux has Steam and Flatpak (distro repositories are kind of a in the middle where the updates do come down, but only when the distro packagers make it available).
Why don't do that for the "SourceForge" too?
Because the other platforms provide that functionality without us needing to create it ourselves. It's also very unlikely that a custom updater will be created just for the SourceForge version.
3Lorde wrote: March 16th, 2020, 2:20 pm And it's possible to put the Dugi AMLA''s in the mainline? Or at last like the modifications in the image below. (I like infinite AMLA's and the level 4 from Dugi)
It's unlikely that they'd be added to mainline.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code