Voiceover for An Orcish Incursion Development thread

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

The_Gnat

Re: Voiceover for An Orcish Incursion Development thread

Post by The_Gnat »

This project seems to be going quite well! The Orcish Incursion is a fun campaign and I think the voice acting really adds to it! :) I am working on setting it up so it can be played and then I will upload a test copy.

Also I was wondering do we want to voiceover the objectives as josteph suggested before?
theuncertainman

Post by theuncertainman »

Would that be a job for the narrator, or do we have anyone else who wants to contribute? :)

Also I'm going to post the rest of my lines in the morning. Redid some old lines with a bit of shouting in them too. Just need to pull myself together and edit it all.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

theuncertainman wrote: February 1st, 2019, 11:51 pm Also I'm going to post the rest of my lines in the morning. Redid some old lines with a bit of shouting in them too. Just need to pull myself together and edit it all.
:D Great I can't wait to hear them!
theuncertainman wrote: February 1st, 2019, 11:51 pm Would that be a job for the narrator, or do we have anyone else who wants to contribute?
I would say ideally the narrator would do it. But if not I am happy for anyone else who would like to volunteer.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Objectives can be spoken by someone else, even so it has it charm if the narrator would speak them.
Imho I don't think they are necessary to be spoken.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
ghype

Post by ghype »

i too think spoken objectives are a bit over the top and can become tedious if you have to listen to them always.

on a side note, is there a playable test version yet?
theuncertainman

Post by theuncertainman »

Erlornas Lines Final.tar.gz
(1.65 MiB) Downloaded 711 times
My lines are attached and compressed. Let me know if any changes need to be made.
Very sorry about the naming convention. I've done a lot of screaming and shouting for some other projects and after all that editing I got quite tired. Voice acting is great, but editing is just soul destroying at times. :roll:
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Heindal wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 12:47 pm Imho I don't think they are necessary to be spoken.
ghype wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 12:48 pm i too think spoken objectives are a bit over the top and can become tedious if you have to listen to them always.
Okay so we will not bother with the objectives then for now. It doesn't really matter.
ghype wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 12:48 pm on a side note, is there a playable test version yet?
Because we are doing the lines character by character the scenarios aren't fully complete but I will post a link as soon as I get it to a playable version! :D

EDIT: So far all 7 scenarios are playable via the git-hub. :D This is the list of things that haven't been completed yet:

[English] : FINISHED

- Erlornas scenarios 1-7
- Story for scenario 1
- Orc leaders for scenarios 1,2,3

[English] : still TODO

- narrator story for scenarios 2-7
- Lomarfel lines scenario 1 & 7
- Linaera lines scenarui 5 & 6
- advisor role lines
- mage role (1 line)
- narrator lines
theuncertainman wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 2:36 pm My lines are attached and compressed. Let me know if any changes need to be made.
Very sorry about the naming convention. I've done a lot of screaming and shouting for some other projects and after all that editing I got quite tired. Voice acting is great, but editing is just soul destroying at times.
Awesome! And don't worry about the naming conventions it doesn't matter that much. Also I totally understand about the editing, it is the most annoying part but your lines are all impressive quality so clearly your work has been well worthwhile! :)
Last edited by The_Gnat on February 3rd, 2019, 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Also I forgot who is going to be voice acting the role of the advisor?

EDIT: Also who is Linaera?
max_torch
Inactive Developer

Post by max_torch »

The_Gnat wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 9:39 pm Also I forgot who is going to be voice acting the role of the advisor?

EDIT: Also who is Linaera?
linaera is a female silver mage in the campaign who will be voice acted by my friend creepypasta

no one has been assigned as the advisor yet, anyone can take the role all the lines need to be recorded by a male and a female

also i agree lets not dabble yet with scenario objectives.

EDIT: i've updated the first post to state which voiceovers are finished
RolfDhew

Post by RolfDhew »

Somebody send me a dm when this completed! Can't wait :)
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

RolfDhew wrote: February 5th, 2019, 7:54 am Somebody send me a dm when this completed! Can't wait :)
Thank you RolfDhew I definitely will! It is great to hear some people are interested in the project! :D
max_torch wrote: February 3rd, 2019, 12:16 pm linaera is a female silver mage in the campaign who will be voice acted by my friend creepypasta
Great !
max_torch wrote: February 3rd, 2019, 12:16 pm no one has been assigned as the advisor yet, anyone can take the role all the lines need to be recorded by a male and a female
The female lines are not as much of a priority. I can, in the code, limit it to only choose certain gender narrators so when we get the advisor voice acted by one gender that will be sufficient for completing :)
max_torch
Inactive Developer

Post by max_torch »

it is within my means to secure female recording for the advisors lines, i would like to make it a target so that we preserve the integrity of the campaign design as much as possible
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

max_torch wrote: February 6th, 2019, 4:35 am it is within my means to secure female recording for the advisors lines, i would like to make it a target so that we preserve the integrity of the campaign design as much as possible
Great to hear! :) in that case yes we should definitely do that. Especially considering there are a lot of female elves.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

How is everything going? Not much activity recently so I thought to ask if you think we need any additional help with the voice acting?
max_torch
Inactive Developer

Post by max_torch »

im scheduled to go to a recording studio somewhere between march 15-20 with some friends who will also help in voicing the remaining lines for AOI