Conquest, Conquest+, Conquest+ Space Updates

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Gwledig

Conquest, Conquest+, Conquest+ Space Updates

Post by Gwledig »

Hi I'm developing a new "Extra Conquest Maps" pack, you can find it on the addon server, 1.8 (might get it on 1.9 at some point) by searching for Conquest or Gwledig. There's only 2 maps so far, Conquest Wales (based on wars of Wales vs England wars of independence 1400s) and Conquest Fantasy Islands (my 1st attempt), I wanted to add some more maps before I uploaded, but got some requests from Conquest players to put them up, so I did...
Any problems pm me I know there will be balance issues, in the case of Fantasy Islands, it's more intended to be fun with all the different conquest races (merfolk, elves, drakes, undead etc), and the Wales one is supposed to be geographically accurate.
Last edited by Gwledig on July 21st, 2019, 9:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Maintainer of Conquest (Original Gameplay), Conquest+, Conquest+ Space/Ranged, Chaoz Battle of the Wizards, Lazersquad (squad game), WesCraft (building MP game)
Gwledig

Re: Extra Conquest Maps by Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

Now have in my pack

Conquest Faerie Islands
Conquest Desert Realm
Conquest Wales
Conquest Drake World
Maintainer of Conquest (Original Gameplay), Conquest+, Conquest+ Space/Ranged, Chaoz Battle of the Wizards, Lazersquad (squad game), WesCraft (building MP game)
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

all these maps now support 8 player and the desert one has 'super' bonuses for taking all regions of an empire. There are also a few other tweaks on the regular conquest files developed by mabuse and others.
Berserkjaguar

Post by Berserkjaguar »

i like the one with the super bonus very much, interesting idea :)
wtf_is_this

Post by wtf_is_this »

Ideas are intresting and funy.But dont forget too much fun isnt fun:P.Why dont u try to make a good funy map which is not only humans or only drakes(i mean more factions.Then put the empire bonus there and it will be funy(i m not sure it wil work on faerie islands).Ah and 8 players ffa is realy great risk of leavers so i m not realy sure how good is the idea.
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

Have a look at the conquest thread page 13/14+ I've listed some idead for new inherant factions which won't require additional downloads, Celts and Negative Rift...
Lich_Lord

Magus

Post by Lich_Lord »

I think the magus unit should have a lot less moves, since it has teleport. Right now it has 10 movement, so somebody could do something like this when fighting a player: they take a village from the player where they are able to suicide recruit. They then kill off all near enemy units and bring in 6 magus or so from another village away from the front lines of battle, invisble to their opponent. They then use these magus to kill off any remaining enemy militia and conquer nearby villages that aren't heavily defended, or they just zoc the village that they took so that it becomes impossible for the opponent to retake the village. I think the Magus should get no more than 5 moves, since it can move around fast enough anyways with teleport.
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

I was in a test game and agreed to nerf it down to 7, but cud go lower? been changing lots of stuff so trying to get more balanced.. gona take a while tho.
Lollipopz

Post by Lollipopz »

Drake World in realms mode is bugged. No villages are given at start and game ends...
"Neighbour knocked my door at midnight. Instead of sugar he wanted brains. I gave bullets."

Resistance is futile. Ponies will take over the internet.
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

I'll do some tests on drakeworld, it was more a laff really and I took it off the server for ages, try downloaoding the latest one on addon. I'll be uploading an updated version of all my files soon.
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

Um there is no REALM option in Drakeworld
Lich_Lord

Post by Lich_Lord »

I took a quick look at your Conquest Europe 400 AD map and I'd just like to make a few historical suggestions. At the time of 400AD in Europe the Roman Empire still existed, though it was falling apart. I noticed that you named the Iberian Peninsula Celtic Iberia, but the truth is that the Celts had no control over Iberia, but rather that Iberia was still controlled by the Roman Empire at exactly 400AD, though it was later conquered by the Visigoths.
Not sure exactly what you named France, but it too was semi under Roman control at the time, though it was soon after conquered by mostly the Franks. I'll admit that the Celts did have a presence in modern day UK, but there were other groups there too, and at around 400AD I believe the Romans still controlled it, though I'm not totally sure.

So I suggest changing the date of the map, if you want to make it fuedal, then probably about 500AD or later if you want to get into the Dark Ages, but for the most part, I think the presence of the Celts is a little exaggerated. If you want to add more Celts to the map while maintaining a little more historical accuracy, then possibly going to times before the Romans had conquered the Iberian Peninsula and Gaul would be best, because then you could justify having some Celts living in Iberia and France.

Btw, if you go too late into history, you get into the part where the Muslims conquer Spain, so idk if you want to go as late as 700AD.
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

Yes I was going to change it anyway... Iberia stopped being called CeltIberia by around 70BC, so perhaps just call it Hispania.. (notice I used humans not celt faction on spain). The Romans still called France Gaul until the breakup of the empire, but perhaps instead of Gaulish Tribes, it should just be Gaul as in the roman province. The map was actually 300AD, and at that time Gaul and spain hadn't been overrun quite yet by the Visigoths, Franks etc.
In 300AD all the mainland of britain was Prettanic Celts, noone knows what group the Picts belongs to but they were probably early Brythonic settlers realated to the Brythons who became the Britons/Welsh. The Gaels were one sub group in Ireland and were not dominant until the 5thC, so Ireland was probably partly Brythonic at that time. I could make Ireland more Gaelic by adding in some Gaelic tribe names. I could also put 'Pici' or 'Cruthie' in the Scotland area to show the picts. The Romans never controlled Scotand or Ireland, due to the difficulties of the terrain. Also, the designation 'Brittanic Isles' just refers to the older name of the islands which was used by the Picts and Brythons, either Prydain/Prytain and I beleive the name was related to the 'Picti', theres no trace of the Pict language so noone knows who they were but they were probably Brython not Gaels because the gaels came latter from more southern areas of Europe.
If you look at this map of Europe 300AD you'll see the extent of the roman empire http://www.euratlas.net/history/europe/300/index.html I know rome still was in control of southern europe but if we made it all Rome it would be one big bonus :/ I'll probably try and make it more accurate later, though I did check all the cultural groups for 300AD, some areas are very vague but groups like the Sarmatians, Sami, Dacia, celtic tribes in central euorpe, Gaul, etc. are loosely accurate. By 400AD the empire was breaking up and the politics of europe was very different.
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

I've included a slightly modified Conquest Poland with Zbyll's permission with new factions and messed the LOTR map (Conquest Arcadia) around and renamed everything, it doesn't really look like anything out of Tolkien now.

Continuing to nerf or upgrade stuff based on user feedback, the outlaw 'lout' skill now just affects the thug and not surrounding units, rift beast has seen a big nerf due to slow skill (damage reduction), apart from these loose ends the factions seem to be playing kind of ok but keeping an eye on it...
Gwledig

Merchants

Post by Gwledig »

I've added a merchant feature to some maps, its an Elf snow vila, if you put a unit on it, you can 'buy' services such as different attack upgrades and 'armour'.

The maps where this features include these 6p maps ("Conquest+ 6p" on addon server)

* conquest arcadia
* conquest Newage Wesnoth
* Conquest Newage Jelwan
* Conquest Poland (I'll rename this I think so its different to Zyb's map which hes now developing elsewhere)

Ok all my maps now have the merchant vilas, Conquest+ 6p and Conquest+ 8p packs.