Units height relative to villages

Production of artwork for the game by regular contributors takes place here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Iris
Site Administrator

Units height relative to villages

Post by Iris »

I just noticed that the city-style villages are implemented in such way units may appear "floating" on top of them on the map, as seen in the screenshot below. Perhaps this would be worth checking as part of the terrain graphics appearance cleanup.
Attachments
village_heights.png
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: Units height relative to villages

Post by zookeeper »

Fixed. I guess I'll check if any other newer villages suffer from the same... :hmm:

EDIT: Fixed standard human villages and log cabin villages, too. Looks like quite a few of the remaining villages suffer from the same problem, even if it's not quite as obvious.
Eleazar
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by Eleazar »

I was afraid this would be another thread complaining that units and terrain use different scales. :?

Thanks zookeeper. When positioning villages in an image, you need to make sure they still fit when surrounded by castle, but a spot check seems to confirm you were aware of this.
Feel free to PM me if you start a new terrain oriented thread. It's easy for me to miss them among all the other art threads.
-> What i might be working on
Attempting Lucidity
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

A pointless thread with an oft-repeated and ignorant concept, from Shadowmaster? I can't possibly imagine.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Very minor; look at the Elvish Fighters near the bottom right corner of the viewport:
floating-elves.png
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.