Making a new faction.

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Winchester

Making a new faction.

Post by Winchester »

I have the idea of the faction I want to make but I dont know exactly how to make it to work in multiplayer / where to make the art and how to create the creatures at all.
I read on the website itself all the tutorial around 10-20 times and it did not work for me, I may have done something wrong.

I would appreciate it a lot if someone could give me a hand.

Thanks in advance
- michael
pe_em

Re: Making a new faction.

Post by pe_em »

Hello Michael and welcome to the forums.
I read on the website itself all the tutorial around 10-20 times and it did not work for me, I may have done something wrong.
Well, the tutorial describes only the basics of WML. There are some resources which might help you in making your faction.

About building the faction:
If you find doing it too hard/boring/long, I'd advise you to use another faction's files as a skeleton for your faction.

About creating your own units:

CODING DRAWING If you need something more, go through the wiki. It is really useful ;). So, good luck!
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Rather than starting from scratch, you will find it much much easier to look at the code for an existing era or maybe even just modifying an era.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
HonzaCZ

Post by HonzaCZ »

pe_em wrote: November 5th, 2015, 8:31 pm Hello Michael and welcome to the forums.
Well, the tutorial describes only the basics of WML. There are some resources which might help you in making your faction.

About building the faction:
If you find doing it too hard/boring/long, I'd advise you to use another faction's files as a skeleton for your faction.

About creating your own units:

CODING DRAWING If you need something more, go through the wiki. It is really useful ;). So, good luck!
thanks this worked
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

Please avoid pointlessly resurrecting dead topics (this one was five years old, and just saying thanks isn't enough of a reason to revive it).
Locked.
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)