The Golden Age

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ghype

Re: The Golden Age

Post by ghype »

TGA is an amazing art recourses. Together with Gnats era tRotL, they were the base for my spiriting "career" if you can call it that.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

ghype wrote: May 18th, 2020, 9:31 am TGA is an amazing art recourses. Together with Gnats era tRotL, they were the base for my spiriting "career" if you can call it that.
Thanks, though 90+% of the art in TGA is from others' add-ons. At least it does compile it all in one place. And one thing it has over Ageless Era in terms of resources, is that it has stuff from add-on campaigns too, and not just eras.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
lea

Post by lea »

ForestDragon wrote: May 18th, 2020, 6:00 amporting TGA to the current version would require changing a decent amount of code
any specific examples of WML functions that have to be rewritten for compatibility with BfW 1.14.x?
my era is intended to work on both 1.14.x and some older versions of BfW, so it would be nice to know about gotchas you've stumbled upon while making your mods
author of: Altered Era/Ruleset (AKA "Altera"), latest version is on add-ons servers for BfW 1.16 and 1.14, latest version also still supports BfW 1.12 and 1.10, 1.10 server is stuck with older buggy version)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

lea wrote: May 19th, 2020, 6:05 am any specific examples of WML functions that have to be rewritten for compatibility with BfW 1.14.x?
my era is intended to work on both 1.14.x and some older versions of BfW, so it would be nice to know about gotchas you've stumbled upon while making your mods
Been many months since I last touched wesnoth, so I kinda forgot a lot of the code, to be full honest. Can't be of much help now, sadly.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

lea wrote: May 19th, 2020, 6:05 am any specific examples of WML functions that have to be rewritten for compatibility with BfW 1.14.x?
Ah, I just remember a couple of the problems of porting to 1.14:
-the {MAGENTA_IS_THE_TEAM_COLOR} macro is deprecated in 1.14+
-the leadership_level_x macros have all been replaced with a single leadership macro
That's what I can remember off the top of my head, but there are most likely more potential issues one can stumble into when porting.
lea

Post by lea »

ForestDragon wrote: November 12th, 2020, 8:26 amAh, I just remember a couple of the problems of porting to 1.14:
-the {MAGENTA_IS_THE_TEAM_COLOR} macro is deprecated in 1.14+
-the leadership_level_x macros have all been replaced with a single leadership macro
That's what I can remember off the top of my head, but there are most likely more potential issues one can stumble into when porting.
thanks for specifics!
looks like my era is safe from these issues since it includes its own copies of (almost) all core macros including these two
author of: Altered Era/Ruleset (AKA "Altera"), latest version is on add-ons servers for BfW 1.16 and 1.14, latest version also still supports BfW 1.12 and 1.10, 1.10 server is stuck with older buggy version)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

lea wrote: November 12th, 2020, 2:33 pm thanks for specifics!
looks like my era is safe from these issues since it includes its own copies of (almost) all core macros including these two
Yeah, I'd say a good chunk of add-on porting problems are due to deprecated and/or changed core macros.
Ser1ph

Post by Ser1ph »

Is TGA still available for download? I looked though the thread and couldn't find a download link
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Ser1ph wrote: August 14th, 2022, 3:34 am Is TGA still available for download? I looked though the thread and couldn't find a download link
You can get the 1.12 version here: https://files.wesnoth.org/addons/1.12/T ... ge.tar.bz2

I have not ported the add-on to any newer versions of wesnoth though, as it was too tedious to maintain, and I lost interest in the project
Ser1ph

Post by Ser1ph »

thank you very much :)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

you're welcome :)