The Golden Age

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

LEO33

Re: The Golden Age

Post by LEO33 »

I get this error:
screenshot1.JPG
:arrow: It seems that unit is missing:
screenshot2.JPG
And can you please explain what do these functions Enable AMLA and Knalgan Alliance do when TGA Config Mod is enabled, because I don't see any difference in the game?

Also, I see some "unused" units (folder) inside the units folder, why they are not included?
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

skelegonsans wrote:Heya, just tried new updates, looking really good!

However i find small bugs:
1- On Monsters faction, Young Dune Worm (And Dune Worm on Aoh Monster faction too) cant recruit. Also, i tried moving it and after i wanted to go back to the keep, i noticed it cant move to keeps. (Making dune worm move on keeps & castles should fix it?)
2- Sometimes a message pops up: "error: unit "Merman Stormcaller" does not exist.". Maybe the id is wrong.

And if possible, make a lv1 version of the basilisk for the normal Monsters faction. (Imo, petrifying gaze should be 2-1, as more than 1 gaze would be op for level 1.) I just love that basilisk, petrifying whole armies (even if just for a couple turns xD) RULEZ!!! xD
1-ooops! i will fix that.
2-will take a look
LEO33 wrote:I get this error:
screenshot1.JPG
:arrow: It seems that unit is missing:
screenshot2.JPG
And can you please explain what do these functions Enable AMLA and Knalgan Alliance do when TGA Config Mod is enabled, because I don't see any difference in the game?

Also, I see some "unused" units (folder) inside the units folder, why they are not included?
will fix that

oh, i wanted to add that a while ago, but forgot to remove it. sorry for confusing you, i'll remove this not-working feature.

well, it depends case-by-case. some units are the ones i first wanted to add, but then decided to remove them either due to the low quality of artwork, scrapping the idea, or, in Kensai's case not finished animations. often it is due to the fact that old units are replaced with unit with the same role, but different name.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hello, i just noticed that the animation of your Dwarvish Cave Runner's melee (with the axe above the head) has a glitch. One frame shows the level 3 Dwarvish Explorer's attack animation instead.

When looking at the code it appears that the Dwarvish Cave Runner's 5th attack sprite is not a sprite of the cave runner at all, but instead of the Explorer.

:D
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

hi everyone! so, i released another fairly big update! here is the changelog:

updated TGA RPG, added a fur hat AMLA to dwarvish tyrserker, added the Vilkai faction to TGA Extended (the original is from the 'Default +Vilkai' era made by Bitron)(Note: the versions in TGA and the original develeped separately). also, i trimmed down this changelog again, and made the newest updates appear on the top, instead of bottom, added descriptions for salamanders, fixed dragoon being unable to advance properly, fixed Death Marshal having weaker resistances than Death Knight, nerfed Hellstorm Rider's ranged attacks, fixed Healer Mage not being able to get TGA advancements, fixed undead faction not having TGA bats, removed 'TGA config mod' since it doesn't so anything, fixed some bugs, made Dune Worms able to move on all non-water terrain, but slightly decreased their health, and have 40% defense on flat terrain, added Young Cockatrice, made Cockatrice an Chimera's melee damage stronger, made the cockatrice line have more unique resistances, movement costs and defense, as well as made them able to use their claws on offense and gaves them selfheal, Chimera can now fly over water/chasms, added Goblin Ravager (lvl3 Pillager, rides on a giant spider), added Chak’kso Ney’yks (yes, he's from Caves of the Basilisk's description), added a new portrait for Elvish Vanquisher, improved Apparition's secondaty attack, added Guardian of Irdya (lvl9 unit which can only be obtained by using the debug mode), gave Forgotten Sentinel a shield attack, and nerfed his axe damage by 1, added Troll Bombardier (lvl4 Boulderlobber), gave Master Javelineer a fire javelin attack, replaced Void Mage's fireball attack with noctum, and made him chaotic, added Elder Gryphon (lvl3 Gryphon, obviously), fixed rabbits only having the white variation, fixed lvl2 Gryphon Master Being able to advance to lvl2 Gryphon Knight, Celestial Mage now has a portrait, added Prince of Darkness (once again, debug only for now. has a few variants), changed the sprite of Elvish Horsebow, and renamed him to Cavalry Marksman, buffed Merman Praetorian guard's spear damage to 20-2, and gave him a shield bash attack, added Silver Archmage, buffed Golden Mage to keep up with Silver Archmage, changed the sprite of Naiad . added Elvish Mounted Expeditionary (lvl4 Scout)

and as usual, don't forget to report bugs you find! i hope you enjoy the update! :)
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
Bitron
Developer

Post by Bitron »

Hey there!
Glad the Vilkai made it! Hope they're doin' good. :D

One thing I noticed is that the german language is very inconsistent, so if you need help with german translation, I'm happy to help out with it!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

:D :D :Awesome: :) 8)

Great!!
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Bitron wrote:Hey there!
Glad the Vilkai made it! Hope they're doin' good. :D

One thing I noticed is that the german language is very inconsistent, so if you need help with german translation, I'm happy to help out with it!
well, yes. Remember how many bugs have i reported about them to you? well, now that we are cooperating about the Vilkai, they have become more adequate, and much less buggy. Btw, increase tye cost of the hunter in your era. Main unit is one thing, but an OP one is another.

Well, making translations wasn't my main intention, but if you want to help, then feel free to!

@The_Gnat: glad you like the update :)

btw, if you have any suggestions (i am talking to everybody here) feel free to post them!
Xargon

Post by Xargon »

Many updates these weeks :-)

I will try it out at some point when I have time. I am happy to see that there are some changes about the void mage. At first, I felt he might be too strong comparing with the arch/great mage line since he only had a small decrease in damage, but then again he also didn't have any huge bonuses... In the end, maybe he just didn't feel different enough to me. I didn't really make up my mind, so I didn't mention it at all - I should play humans at some point ;-)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

2000 downloads milestone!

i just noticed that i have 2008 downloads on TGA! i am amazed by how big my fanbase is! even the amount of people on the forum who like my era is very large already, not to mention all the others who have downloaded it.

i am planning to change Guardian of Irdya's name to 'Ancient Faerie', since she's way too weak for her title.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

hello everyone! so, i released an addon called 'The Golden Age Singleplayer' it is a tiny add-on whose only purpose is to have a main.cfg file which make units from TGA's units folder appear in any campaign (even mainline ones ;) ). It requires the actual TGA addon to be installed in order to work. to disable it, you just delete the addon. unlike the normal TGA, it doesn't need to be updated to include unit changes, or new units of existing race. you only need to update it if i add a new folder in the 'units' folder

hopefully this addition will make TGA even more popular :)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

hello everyone! so, i released another update (1.4.5) this time with very few new units, but lots of changes. here is the changelog:

removed lesser marksman from Vilkai Hunter, but reduced his cost to 18, changed Vilkai Herbalist's slow attack to poison. renamed Guardian of Irdya to Ancient Faerie, since she's waaaay too weak for her title,changed the avian movement costs while they are in the flight mode, added Frost Direwolf (lvl3), renamed Vilkai Guardian of Nature to Wolf Fanatic and renamed Vilkai Ghost Warrior to Spiritual Warrior, added Dread Wolf, made the Dwarvish Runesmith branch able to advance all the way to lvl5, renamed Dwarvish Underearth King to Dwarvish Runic Lord, and gave him a portrait, changed the URL mentioned here to be actually accurate, gave Avian Thorntail lesser marksman on the bow in the ground form, improved Master Javelineer's flaming javelin attack animation, nerfed Arch Necromancer's damage on all attacks, but made him retain 30 hp in lich form istead of 25, and death damage to 12 from 8, but made the death damage unable to kill, increased Phoenix Knight's fire resistance to 80%, but nerfed his sword to 14-4, made 'The White' lvl5, and increased his hp to 80, changed Void Mage's noctum from 14-4 to 16-3, fixed Goblin Ravager having the goblin traits if not leveled up from a unit, but rather spawned by other means, changed Royal Necromancer's level to 5, and changed his stats accordingly, also, he now attacks using the axe shown in his sprite, and now he has the 'lich transformation ability', just like Arch Necromancer, removed 'terror' ability from Abomination since it was too overpowered, added the 'dread' special to the melee attack, and gave it the 'regenerates' ability, fixed Soul Shooter's soul arrow animation behaving weirdly, added Ancient Cactose (lvl3), slightly buffed Dragon Rider's melee attacks, fixed Initiate Lich being unable to advance in multiplayer, renamed 'Greatsword' to 'Greatswordsman', made the Vilkai have -10% fire resistance, nerfed Genies' and Afariyats' hp and lvl3 melee damage, but gave them cold/fire ranged attacks, made Ancient Faerie's 'arcane rage' attack's projectile bigger, and able to deal 33% of the main damage to all units around the target, same goes for Prince of Darkness's arcane variant, also, i made the arcane rage attack have the 'focused' special, decreased Ancient Faerie's hp from 333 to 250, nerfed Orcish Pikeman's damage, added Young Saurian to the drake recruit list, added the 'shockwave' special to Armored Troll and Siege Yeti, added portraits to the elvish civilian
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

hello everyone! so, after all these days, i managed to put together another update (1.4.6). Since there aren't as many units to add as before, i started paying much more attention to polishing existing stuff. anyways, here is the changelog:

changed the portraits used by fire faeries, changed Naiad's sprite, added Peasant Farmgirl, made the faerie Sprite unable to advance into faerie Siren, because that doesn't make much sense. this option can be toggled in the 'XP bank' menu, if an avian advances while flying, she'll still remain in flight as the lvl2, gave Master Javelineer a new attack icon for flaming javelin, Autumn Faerie's thorns are now orange, changed Dusk Faerie's shadow wave from 8-2 to 5-3, and made the entire line have 6 mp and decreased the exp required to level up, also, made the lvl2 and lvl3 have 'lesser strength of darkness'.made each type of strength of darkness display differently, to make the difference clear, made 'Sprite' have 6 mp, 23 hp, and 22 gold cost, gave Forest Spirit a standing animation, added Merman Admiral (lvl4 Triton), ranamed dwarvish Geologist to Treasure Hunter, increased Dwarvish Brewer's cost to 20, made Doom Bat have 10 mp, gave Hag new melee attack icons, gave Elvish Mage a new sprite and made him an optional lvl2 of Elvish Noble (and heavily altered his stats accordingly), decreased clam's damage, but reduced her cost to 15, as well as her exp requirements, gave Elder Carapace a new ranged attack icon, and made him available as a leader in the drake faction, added Merman Corsair to the Outlaw faction, gave Merman Pirate/Buccaneer a hook attack, fixed Frost Direwolf having no image, also, increased his cold resistances, made Tyrserker's laugh more evil sounding, and buffed it, changed the Orcish Berserker's melee from 4-4 to 6-3, nerfed Altangshe's mp by 1, and his bow damage by 1 as well, added Merman Spear Master (lvl4 javelineer), great wisp and radiant wisp now have their own sprites, gave Signaldwarf a sprite of his own, updated Dwarvish Witness line's sprites, removed Steel Crusher, since he isn't that interesting, to be honest, renamed the entire Dwarvish Earth Adept line, and gave them a new attack icon for their 'stones' attack, and improved it's animation, also, the lvl1 can now advance to Dwarvish Ice Mage, nerfed Wolf Archer's fire bow to 12-2, buffed White Troll's poison vapor, changed Initiate Lich's sprite so that he has a book, just like in his portrait, also i updated his description, renamed him to 'Apprentice Lich', made him have 6 mp, and 8-3 chill wave and 6-3 shadow wave, made Apparition's bane attack have the 'no counter' special instead of shock, also, changed it's type to cold, also, updated Apparition's chill tempest animation. increased Void Mage's arcane resistance from -40% to -20%, Dwarvish Blazer now has the 'dwarf fire' attack without needing the amla, added fancier animations for shadow wave/noctum of the Dusk Faerie line, gave Sage Futuristic a new sprite, nerfed Avian Rhea's hp and melee damage, but gave her the 'desperate' ability (+25% damage when hp is below 50%), gave Dragon Rider a new portrait, but nerfed his lance damage to 23-2, and Horse Lord's lance to 20-2, gave Auxillary Master a new portrait, changed the sprite of Merman Praetorian Guard, nerfed his spear damage to 18-2, and his shield to 22-1, but gave him the protection ability, and knockback on the shield, gave all djinn the 'magical first attack', and made Genie's chill wave attack animation fancier (same goes fr vilkai Animist/Druid) also, the djinn have a bit weaker melee, but stronger ranged, added a souns for Colossus Lich's claws, added an idle-like anim for Elvish Avatar

EDIT: released 1.4.6, adding an 'icicles' attack to Dwarvish Ice Mage
IPS

Post by IPS »

Later than expected, but I'm here.
Loyalist/Rebels/Drake balance update.

Reworking Carapacian into something more fair and equilibrated costed me really much, so I'm tired, I'm going for some other factions later on. Seems I don't have the vitality I used to have.
Spoiler:
edit1: didn't revise at all lv3 price in carapacian forager, will work on that later...
Attachments
The golden age feedback 28-02-2017.txt
(8.8 KiB) Downloaded 551 times
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

finally! nice to see you returning with balance suggestions
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

I haven't been making TGA updates in a while, due to the loss of interest in maintaining the add-on. I decided to release an update with the changes that have slowly piled up over the months. I will most likely not continue to work on TGA, so if someone wants to become a maintainer of TGA, you could probably PM me (I am not really desperate for a maintainer, though, since i don't really care about TGA that much). anyway, changelog:

increased Thundergobo's cost to 15, increased Avian Rhea's damage back to 8-4, removed the 'desperate' ability, since it didn't work, and added the 'inspires' ability instead, fixed Peasant Farmgirl having no portrait, as well as the fact that she had male sounds, added a new sprite for Militiaman, and made him have 23 hp and also unable to advance to Infantryman, added a new portrait for Gryphon Lord, added Dawarf, slightly buffed Crusader and Warden of Light, nerfed Armored Crossbowman's damage, nerfed Horse Archer's resistances, nerfed Chariot line's bow attack, and did some tweaks to War Chariot's melee, and gave it a trample attack, buffed Horse Lord and Dragon Rider. Nerfed Merman Storm Caller, nerfed Mounted Signalman's hp to 32, buffed Elvish Grand Sorceress's fireball to 18-3, changed Elvish's Assassin's bow attack to 11-6, nerfed Elvish Juggernaut's hp, made Elvish Trapper and Elvish Prowler cost slightly less, nerfed Elvish Vanquisher, nerfed Elvish Mage, nerfed Elvish Bowrider and Elvish Cavalry Marksman, Elvish Spearman now costs 15 gold, nerfed Elvish Shielder's resistances, but buffed his ranged attack, nerfed Mermaid Nymph, decreased Merman Spear Master's physical resistances back to 0% and made his ranged attack 11-5 lesser marksman , made TGA copies of Merman Spearman/Javelineer have lesser marksman, but with Merman Javelineer having 9-4 damage, decreased the cost of Great Wisp, Radiant Wisp, and Elvish Treewalker, buffed Elvish Wisp's entangle attack to 8-4, heavily rebalanced every carapace line (it largely involved strongly nerfing them in certain aspects),fixed Naga Marksman being unable to advance, added descriptions to Naga Assassin, changed Exterminator drastically, removed the Vilkai faction, since it caused issues with having the original Vilkai add-on istalled.