The Reign of the Lords

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

The_Gnat

Re: The Reign of the Lords

Post by The_Gnat »

Konrad2 wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 11:37 am The Villagers you get by moving to 7,39 have a 'loyal' marker but they lack the trait 'loyal' and demand upkeep after leveling up.

Orcish Stalker
His 'cross bow' attack is deals pierce damage but sounds like a fire arrow.
And it should be 'crossbow'.

Thanks for noticing that! :D The loyal but not loyal is an odd thing. :whistle:
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

So they are supposed to be loyal, right? (I'll use debug mode to make them loyal in that case.)
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Konrad2 wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 8:55 pm So they are supposed to be loyal, right? (I'll use debug mode to make them loyal in that case.)
Yeah the units I give you for free are often loyal just because it makes them more significant that way. :)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

The_Gnat wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 7:56 pm Thanks for noticing that! :D The loyal but not loyal is an odd thing. :whistle:
The usual offender for 1.14 is stuff like this.

EDIT:
The ranged attack of an enemy 'Orcish Stalker' shows 0-2 when it's your turn, which makes it harder (just a little bit) to figure out how much damage he can do with it in his turn.

EDIT 2:
Roughing up a 'mountain/hill' village changes it to a 'flat' kind of village. (It's only visuals.)

EDIT 3:
Spoiler:
That gold for the orcs in turn 16 is not nice. D:

EDIT 4:
Villagers and Woodsmen (probably Peasants and Ruffians as well) advance to 'regular' units, not TRotL units. (I think that's critical enough to replay this scenario once it's updated someday in the future.)
And BoofNoof is a normal Ogre, so he can't advance.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Konrad2 wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 9:41 pm
The ranged attack of an enemy 'Orcish Stalker' shows 0-2 when it's your turn, which makes it harder (just a little bit) to figure out how much damage he can do with it in his turn.
Thats a good point. Though I guess I figured that it is most important to signify how much damage you receive if you attack it. ... But in 1.14 if you hover of the damage amount doesn't it tell you damage without specials?

Roughing up a 'mountain/hill' village changes it to a 'flat' kind of village. (It's only visuals.)
Hahaha :D
Spoiler:
Thats a good idea.
That gold for the orcs in turn 16 is not nice. D:
Should I reduce the amount given?
Villagers and Woodsmen (probably Peasants and Ruffians as well) advance to 'regular' units, not TRotL units. (I think that's critical enough to replay this scenario once it's updated someday in the future.) And BoofNoof is a normal Ogre, so he can't advance.
Ahck that is critical... :hmm: Sorry about that.

Thanks for all these ideas! Very helpful!
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

The_Gnat wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 10:57 pm Thats a good point. Though I guess I figured that it is most important to signify how much damage you receive if you attack it. ... But in 1.14 if you hover of the damage amount doesn't it tell you damage without specials?
While I didn't think of that, it still won't tell me the dmg after applying the time of day special.
Should I reduce the amount given?
I don't know yet. It just isn't nice to give them gold just when I finished beating up the first wave of orcs. xD
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Konrad2 wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 11:05 pm
While I didn't think of that, it still won't tell me the dmg after applying the time of day special.
True :hmm:
I don't know yet. It just isn't nice to give them gold just when I finished beating up the first wave of orcs. xD
:mrgreen: I can understand that. What difficulty were you playing on?
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Konrad2 wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 9:52 am Supreme Commander.
8) Nice, but in that case you probably expected it to be a little hard. ;)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Orcish Stalker disappears when using his melee attack.
Orcs can destroy villages that already belong to them.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Is there any advantage in not moving the treasury once you can?

The units you can get by moving to
Spoiler:
have a 'loyal' marker but they will demand upkeep after leveling up.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Konrad2 wrote: April 17th, 2019, 11:49 am The units you can get by moving to
Spoiler:
have a 'loyal' marker but they will demand upkeep after leveling up.
Whoops, more un-loyal loyal units :roll: Sorry about that :lol: I have been really busy recently but am definitely keeping a list of these changes for the next update!
Konrad2 wrote: April 17th, 2019, 11:49 am Is there any advantage in not moving the treasury once you can?
Well on 'Easy' it can be useful because you would move your king up to the Treasury instead of leaving him in the base castle and then you want to have your soldiers standing on the treasury. Other than that there is no point yet. I intend to make it so that it affects the difficulty of the end game criteria:
Spoiler:
Konrad2 wrote: March 27th, 2019, 9:23 pm Orcish Stalker disappears when using his melee attack.
Orcs can destroy villages that already belong to them.
Oh, yes that is an error in the code. Thanks for noticing all these! :D
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

The unit 'Caster'
The staff attack sounds like a magic attack and the ice bolt sounds like a staff attack.

The abiltity 'poisoning'
... , poisonning all... -> poisoning
Only enemy units are poisoned.

When you find the potion in 'The Rulers of Irdya', Gren-Toth says 'indeed, indeed.' at some point. It should be 'Indeed, indeed.'

When your leader defeats the first orc:
...your foe their?! -> there

A 'Go Here' icon for blowing up the mines would be good.

I don't know anymore if I pointed that out, but your leader is a 'normal' unit, not a RotL unit.

'Paule' is missing a period at the end of his sentence when he is attacked.

Orcish Stalkers disappear when the attack with melee or defend against melee (missing sprites?).

It would be good if you told the player that 'giving experience' turns said unit into a loyal unit.
Attachments
tRoI-The Rising Storm replay.gz
I stopeed doing much at the end of the scenario since there is no 'real' 2nd scenario yet and I'll have to replay the first scenario anyway because of the bugs.
(113.6 KiB) Downloaded 434 times
Rantain

Post by Rantain »

hey, i played Wesnoth a rly long time ago and now i want to play it again with mods. is there a way to make your 4th and 5th availiable in other kampaigns or scenarios?

Edit: oh nvm i guess... they are evolving, when i start a new campaign, and are just not displayed to evolve...
Last edited by Rantain on May 5th, 2019, 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Rantain wrote: May 5th, 2019, 5:54 am hey, i played Wesnoth a rly long time ago and now i want to play it again with mods. is there a way to make your 4th and 5th availiable in other kampaigns or scenarios?
Hi Rantain, yes all you have to do is go to the "add-ons" button (in the main menu) and find the add-on Reign of the Lords.

Once you download it a checkbox will appear at the bottom of your campaign menu so you can turn on the reign of the lords mod! :) :)

Let me know if you need any more help!

Konrad2 wrote: May 3rd, 2019, 11:29 am A 'Go Here' icon for blowing up the mines would be good.

Hi Konrad, thanks for the helpful suggestions! I considered adding that, but doing I believe the mine shaft option is already a little easier then the other way so I thought to not provide a goto. :)
Spoiler:
Konrad2 wrote: May 3rd, 2019, 11:29 am ...
Yes I agree with your ideas, especially about the loyal unit.