Armies of Amberan

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Armies of Amberan

Post by Atreides »

Just downloaded this (I think it may be new) and found a big problem right away. Images are missing. They're not loading since I can see whole directories of lovely unit pics. Default facs load normally so it's not me it's the era. I tried to find the error but as a newbie I really wouldn't know what to look for. Paths look OK.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Armies of Amberan

Post by Ravana »

In such case logs could help, both local and https://units.wesnoth.org/1.14/Armies_o ... error.html

Could be image files being in different addon, missing [binary_path] or issues with path case.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Fixed it. Image dirs were the problem. 2 were working (the facs with either a dash or a underline in them are OK) and the rest I just had to make them lowercase as their unit .cfg files all had that in them.

For beauty the creator may consider doing a mass search/replace on the unit files to put in uppercase image paths. I did the quick and dirty patch of changing all but 2 dirs to lowercase. Hehe.

It is amusing to note that the facs with _ or - in the name were correct... Wonder how that happened. :)

Looks like a well made era. Nice graphics (well frankengraphics but that's still a lotta work) and excellent sounds (I'm a sound whore I guess hahaha!). No clue yet as to balance. Did note the fac I playtested had a Level 1 with leadership and there were no level 0 recruits in that faction. Rather pointless as I do not believe it works for allied lev0 according to the desc.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

2 typos: falme -> flame & Pluder -> Plunder

Also the help for "formation" does not mention it is cumulative, it rather suggests that only 1 adj. unit adds to resis. Could be clearer.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

An update was uploaded but it is also broken. You will need to rename a few dirs again. Heh.

Fun era. Finn's faction I am playing with and they have 1 option vs the nearby skeletons. The whole army is pierce/blade (as one would expect from the historical period it is based on) except for a cannon. It is quite satisfying though to hear those cannonballs impact on those bone fiends. Muhahaha. No joke though, it's a glass cannon for sure... (guard it as well as they did back in those days!)
AlbinLePaladin

Post by AlbinLePaladin »

Thanks for the feedbacks. I will try to fix the bugs with the spites for the next patch since I have noticed this only in the unit references on the website (I also will try to make the help for "formation" more clear). If you have more remarks to do please go to my new official thread : viewtopic.php?f=19&t=52540