Random gender, is it possible?

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Random gender, is it possible?

Post by Atreides »

So I inherited all this WML code and naturally there are errors. I'm trying to discover if this is one but searching was to no avail. Random genders appear not to be supported but is it possible this works or was it "optimistic" of the original author? :-) The file has a huge extra chunk of almost duplicate code under the [female] tag so they went to some extra effort. There are even different animation sprites for each gender!
The reason I am doubting it works is because I made a simple seal unit with genders but when they are recruited they are 100% male. I only used the gender=male,female though, nothing more.

Code: Select all

[unit_type]
    id=Christmas Tinker
    name= _ "Tinker"
    gender=male,female
Last edited by Atreides on March 10th, 2021, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Re: Does this actually work?

Post by Atreides »

Answering myself instead of deleting post in case anyone in future looks it up. Yes, it does work, I tested it just now and they all work, regardless of female tag. All you need is the gender=male,female.