1w6 Original-art-give-back

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
ArneBab

1w6 Original-art-give-back

Post by ArneBab »

In the spirit of the WTactics Original-art-give-back I want to contribute the images created for the 1w6-RPG back to Wesnoth.

The same rules as for the WTactics give-back apply, especially when it comes to style differences (1w6 actually uses the images for a different world at the moment). I post the images which I think might be useful for UMC.

The artist of the images is Trudy Wenzel, and I am ever thankful that she allows us to use her art under GPL - as I am grateful to every Wesnoth artist for releasing his or her wonderful work! Free art allows realizing ideas which would have never seen the light otherwise (at least not in a form which more than a few people would enjoy - I have evidence of that).

The following images were created for the Flyerbooks, a roleplaying game and campaign on a single flyer and a set of ID-card sized character-cards. Sadly the original Flyerbooks are only available in German at the moment (there is an english adaption but it uses a different setting and art). All parts of 1w6 are GPLv3 or later, but if you need something under GPLv2 or later, feel free to ask (our site license covers that, but GPLv2 isn’t general enough to actually be applied meaningfully to prose - at least to my understanding).
Spoiler:
PS: You can find all images we use in our versiontracking repository.

PPS: I wanted to write this post for years. Sorry for taking so long. I hope you enjoy the art!
Being unpolitical
means being political
without realizing it.
- Arne Babenhauserheide ( http://draketo.de )(my avatar is from Trudy Wenzel and licensed under the GPL)
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Re: 1w6 Original-art-give-back

Post by Sapient »

Cool! Those are some good-looking portraits. And the two lizard ones would work very well for Saurians obviously.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
ArneBab

Post by ArneBab »

I’m glad you like it - Trudy is awesome!

I hope the images will be used. If you use them, it would be cool if you could write it here, so I can forward it to Trudy :)
Being unpolitical
means being political
without realizing it.
- Arne Babenhauserheide ( http://draketo.de )(my avatar is from Trudy Wenzel and licensed under the GPL)
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

ok, so I intend to use at least a few of them in my add-on. They are awesome :D
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
ArneBab

Post by ArneBab »

Paulomat4 wrote:ok, so I intend to use at least a few of them in my add-on. They are awesome :D
Cool!

Which add-on do you create?
Being unpolitical
means being political
without realizing it.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

I haven't published, and it will surely take some time still. (I'm only working on it during the weekend). Perhaps when 1.12 comes out?

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
ArneBab

Post by ArneBab »

Paulomat4 wrote:I haven't published, and it will surely take some time still. (I'm only working on it during the weekend). Perhaps when 1.12 comes out?
That would be nice!

What is its topic? Do you already have a thread for it?
Being unpolitical
means being political
without realizing it.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

No actually not. but I have a wml thread if you're interested :lol2:
btw, do i have to mention the images origins somehow?

ArneBab

Post by ArneBab »

Paulomat4 wrote:
No actually not. but I have a wml thread if you're interested :lol2:
btw, do i have to mention the images origins somehow?
Just do it in the usual way in the about.cnf: Portrait Artist Trudy Wenzel (or so - see other campaigns for the format)
Being unpolitical
means being political
without realizing it.