Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Just_Filin

Scaling unit image issues

Post by Just_Filin »

Hello everyone!
Perhaps this question has already been asked before, but I couldn't find it, so I will gladly accept any help and information in this matter.
What is the problem - how could i make image of unit like in Ageless Era portraits? Does i need some special tools, or i can do this with normal Paint.NET?
I apologize for the inconvenience i make.
Attachments
Portrait version
Portrait version
alastor.png (8.22 KiB) Viewed 1528 times
Unit version
Unit version
alastor.png (3.68 KiB) Viewed 1528 times
gnombat

Re: Scaling unit image issues

Post by gnombat »

I would guess that the portrait was automatically generated from the unit image using this command:

Code: Select all

wesnoth --render-image 'units/anakes/alastor.png~XBRZ(3)' alastor.png
However, I tried it and the output image doesn't look exactly the same as the portrait above - maybe it was generated using an older version of Wesnoth with a slightly different scaling algorithm? You may want to try it yourself and see what kind of results you get.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

They were sent to me by https://forums.wesnoth.org/memberlist.p ... e&u=139061
I have some portraits done, and a lot of place holder portraits (basically unit images blown up using G'MIC filters), and I already coded them into almost every unit in the AE.
Just_Filin

Post by Just_Filin »

Ravana wrote: June 26th, 2020, 7:27 pm They were sent to me by https://forums.wesnoth.org/memberlist.p ... e&u=139061
I have some portraits done, and a lot of place holder portraits (basically unit images blown up using G'MIC filters), and I already coded them into almost every unit in the AE.
gnombat wrote: June 26th, 2020, 6:59 pm I would guess that the portrait was automatically generated from the unit image using this command:

However, I tried it and the output image doesn't look exactly the same as the portrait above - maybe it was generated using an older version of Wesnoth with a slightly different scaling algorithm? You may want to try it yourself and see what kind of results you get.
Ok, thanks for information! I hope this would work.