Evacuation

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

alexanderthegre

Evacuation

Post by alexanderthegre »

I'm having trouble with the scenario in The Eastern Invasion "evacuation". One of my heroes always seems to die by turn 5. My recall list consists of:
1 arcane-damage-dealing grand knight,
1 arcane-damage-dealing heavy infantry,
2 iron maulers,
1 mage of light,
3 shock troopers,
1 white mage, and
1 ogre.
Dacyn, oweac, and gweddry are all lvl. 3. Does anyone have any tips on this scenario? (I'm playing on normal on 1.9.13)
CMaster

Re: Evacuation

Post by CMaster »

The usual problem with this scenario is, that your progress towards the bridge is hindered by your enemies, who will proceed to grind up your forces. The only way to secure your escape is to ensure that your way towards the bridge remains free. This can be done by using a ZOC line on both sides of your escape path consisting of cavalry recruited on turn 1. Do not attack, just move your valueable units towards the bridge at top speed and rebuild your ZOC line each turn, collapsing it towards the bridge.
I'm a reciever!
alexanderthegre

Post by alexanderthegre »

Thanks a lot! That worked. It seems I had forgotten exactly how tank-y cavalry were.
perseo

Post by perseo »

Are we talking about cavalryman or horseman? and How much gold do you need for beating the scenario without losing all my recalls?
¡Salud!
"I was pulling a barrow, when I saw a stalking horse
what a beautiful day!- he said- for visiting a red herring
and getting hoarse."
Working on this campaign: The septentrional tower
shadowblack

Post by shadowblack »

Cavalryman, definitely. As for how much gold - it depends on difficulty and on your recall list, so it's impossible to say for sure. But you should have enough gold for at least 2 full keeps of recalls if you intend to defeat enemy leaders.
You are a Dark Adept: You immerse yourself in the dark arts... potentially with great rewards...