Orocia Random Mod

Review and rate user-made single and multiplayer campaigns and scenarios.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

nickanc

Re: Orocia Random Mod

Post by nickanc »

A new version of the above. I reworked the macroes so that they allow any number of sides in principle, therefore:
  • I ported the old 6 players map from 1.8 of Orocia (TMP); it supports the same waves as a 3 players one, giving less initial gold seems a fair balancement, seems much fun, but still need testing to balance properly, you can play the scenario with the attachment below;
  • to allow any number of sides properly I reworked arsenals.cfg and tent.cfg, but at the end they end up going the same and IMHO have now a slightly more readable code;
  • Inspired by other maps on the old server, I added one called Heaven, but still work in progress; feel free to discard it if it is not enough fun;
  • I did not port the 4p Orocia because it required to fix coordinates everywhere and simply the 6p Orocia did not require the same effort and was neater;
  • with the macroed Orocia it is considerably easy to make new scenarios of this kind of map in some minutes, as long as the map fits the coordinates for waves, arsenal, tent etc.
  • deep shrine mechanics requires a lot of work to be implemented as a shrine upgrade type, yet to do;
It would be nice if someone would try it in 1.13 MP server so that there is some feedback before a possible(?) 1.14 merge.
Attachments
OrociaRandomMod_1.13_6p.7z
(42.53 KiB) Downloaded 547 times
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Code: Select all

error scripting/lua: game_error: creating unit with an empty type field
stack traceback:
	[C]: in field 'create_unit'
	lua/wml-tags.lua:1211: in local 'cmd'
	lua/wml-utils.lua:145: in field 'handle_event_commands'
	lua/wml-flow.lua:6: in function <lua/wml-flow.lua:5>
But that might be from my code.

After much debugging(including putting loggers to core lua functions) I found that this is from ageless.
nickanc

Post by nickanc »

Ravana wrote: After much debugging(including putting loggers to core lua functions) I found that this is from ageless.
Erm, or just open another map, say isars cross, with ageless era. ;)