Errors in Mainline Campaigns

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Gweddeoran

Errors in Mainline Campaigns

Post by Gweddeoran »

Hello everyone!

It's been a long time since I have posted anything on the forums. Anyhow, after having played a few of the mainline campaigns on harder difficulties than before, I came across a few issues.

The Rise of Wesnoth
1) Several scenarios feature Orcish Warlords with the portraits that are of the mainline Orcish Grunt, rather than
other alternate portraits that better suit Warlords. A small nitpick, but looks quite awkward.
2) King Addroran is never explicitly killed, the last time Southbay is mentioned, it is said to be still standing. Yet,
Haldric mentions his death in the Epilogue.

Liberty
In the last scenario, it is possible for Sir Gwydion to die, although this is highly unlikely. However, if he does manage to die, the lines in the Epilogue suggesting Sir Gwydion and his riders routed the Orcish Army make no sense as he is dead.

Heir To The Throne
Why does the difficulty screen show the Elvish Fighter line for difficulty selections as opposed to Konrad's sprites?

Thanks.
The_Gnat

Re: Errors in Mainline Campaigns

Post by The_Gnat »

Hello gweddeoran, I just noticed this post :) and I like your suggestions!

I regards to Liberty there is actually a piece of code that makes the orcs avoid Gwydion: (so that isn't a concern)

Code: Select all

# Now just avoid Sir Gwydion
            [avoid]
                x,y=1-17,1-40
            [/avoid]

In regards to Heir to the Throne I would agree that it would look better with Konrad's sprite. You don't really interact with elves for most of the scenario.
EarthCake

Re: Errors in Mainline Campaigns

Post by EarthCake »

gweddeoran wrote: February 17th, 2019, 3:54 pm 2) King Addroran is never explicitly killed, the last time Southbay is mentioned, it is said to be still standing. Yet,
Haldric mentions his death in the Epilogue.
Well, probably it passed several months (I played campaign 6-7 months ago, I don't recall) between news and Epilogue. You can't expect that he survives that long against endless armies of undead.