The kings of Wesnoth

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Vilebeggar

The kings of Wesnoth

Post by Vilebeggar »

My knowledge of the rulers of wesnoth its pretty vague. So for now we have a spam of kings starting from Haldrick I to all the way to Konrad II (he is the latest king i suppose i don't think there's anyone pass him.) I also know some of the other kings like Gararad I Haldrick the 4th 2nd but thats it. Who was Haldrick's the 1st son and who were his descendants? Also what does YW mean?
Last edited by Vilebeggar on January 18th, 2020, 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Competitive Wesnoth. For the fans by the fans.
EarthCake

Re: The kings of Wesnoth

Post by EarthCake »

YW = Years Wesnoth
BW = Before Wesnoth

After Haldric I there was his son, Haldric II, mentioned in Legend of Wesmere.

The last king was Konrad II, he is from Garardine dynasty. Here you can find whole Garardine dynasty. https://wiki.wesnoth.org/Garardine_Dynasty
Vilebeggar

Post by Vilebeggar »

Did Haldric really name his own son after himself. What a jerk. :lol:
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

Vilebeggar wrote: July 15th, 2019, 9:43 pm Did Haldric really name his own son after himself. What a jerk. :lol:
So did Garard I, his son was Garard II.
Vilebeggar

Post by Vilebeggar »

Also all of this
The Garardine Dynasty formally ended with the death of King Konrad II in 673 after a 61-year reign, though many claimants to the throne had enough royal blood to continue the dynasty had they managed to assert control over the Kingdom of Wesnoth. Instead the Kingdom descended into civil war and no one ruler ever gained control over the kingdom until the invasion of the Akladians 165 years later. However, descendents of Garard did retain control of the region around Weldyn (they referred to this region as 'The Kingdom of Wesnoth' even though it contained less than one tenth of the land of the original nation). It was a descendent of these rulers that married the Hagarthen king of Vakladia, and whose son in around 900 YW became King Gawen Haldric Hagarthen, the first Garardine to rule all of Wesnoth in more than 250 years.
is quite new to me. I played an add-on i believe about the civil war but aside of that i don't know anything about the Akladians or Hagarthen king of Vakladia. Like whos in charge of the lore here? These aren't included in any campaign's.
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

Vilebeggar wrote: July 15th, 2019, 9:56 pm Also all of this
The Garardine Dynasty formally ended with the death of King Konrad II in 673 after a 61-year reign, though many claimants to the throne had enough royal blood to continue the dynasty had they managed to assert control over the Kingdom of Wesnoth. Instead the Kingdom descended into civil war and no one ruler ever gained control over the kingdom until the invasion of the Akladians 165 years later. However, descendents of Garard did retain control of the region around Weldyn (they referred to this region as 'The Kingdom of Wesnoth' even though it contained less than one tenth of the land of the original nation). It was a descendent of these rulers that married the Hagarthen king of Vakladia, and whose son in around 900 YW became King Gawen Haldric Hagarthen, the first Garardine to rule all of Wesnoth in more than 250 years.
is quite new to me. I played an add-on i believe about the civil war but aside of that i don't know anything about the Akladians or Hagarthen king of Vakladia. Like whos in charge of the lore here? These aren't included in any campaign's.
That addon you maybe played can only be A New Order. Yes, that is not mainline (well at least for now), but even forum users can edit the wiki.
Vilebeggar

Post by Vilebeggar »

No it actually was soldier of wesnoth i haven't played a new order.
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

Vilebeggar wrote: July 16th, 2019, 8:36 am No it actually was soldier of wesnoth i haven't played a new order.
In Soldier of Wesnoth the main foe is Arslan Yusafar (I maybe mistaken the spelling), at least from Dunefolk. However, In A New Order, we follow story of Gawen Hagarthen (Gaumhaldric), and he is main
protagonist. (He is not Dunefolk actually, but from a new country called Akladia. )
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

EarthCake wrote: July 16th, 2019, 12:54 pm In Soldier of Wesnoth the main foe is Arslan Yusafar (I maybe mistaken the spelling), at least from Dunefolk. However, In A New Order, we follow story of Gawen Hagarthen (Gaumhaldric), and he is main
protagonist. (He is not Dunefolk actually, but from a new country called Akladia. )
Arslan Yusafar is one of the main antagonists, the other one is actually Addroran Elfred, who currently rules the Weldyn region. The conflict with Arslan is what leads to him getting deposed, and that's still a part of the civil war.
Tom_Of_Wesnoth

Post by Tom_Of_Wesnoth »

We can't trace the royal line of Wesnoth through the whole time period. The Rise of Wesnoth starts almost nine hundred years before Son of the Black Eye, so there's a lot of kings and queens of Wesnoth that exist entirely outside of the time covered by campaigns.

Haldric's line seems to have ended in 350, with the death of Haldric IV. He died without an heir, and the Kingdom of Wesnoth went through a turbulent time, with several short-lived dynasties briefly reigning. In 417, Garard I takes the throne and starts the Garadine Dynasty, which we can actually trace all the way to 673, when Konrad II dies without an heir. The most famous members of this dynasty are, of course, Konrad and Li'sar from Heir to the Throne.

I put together a family tree for the Garardine Dynasty. Spoiler warning for Heir to the Throne, by the way.
Spoiler:
If presented with the opportunity, I would take great pleasure in becoming a world ruler.