possible bug with BaB tile

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Tad_Carlucci
Inactive Developer

Re: possible bug with BaB tile

Post by Tad_Carlucci »

Ignoring the fact of a bug which is causing a segfault (for which I expect we'll see something on Github before long) ...

What you're saying is that it's a bug in the design, not a bug in the implementation. I would agree. There's a lot of Wesnoth where I'd change the design, not least of those is the map editor. Unfortunately, such changes are huge, far reaching, with a lot of unanticipated effects, and must overcome a lot of inertia on all fronts (from the code, the developers, and the users).
I forked real life and now I'm getting merge conflicts.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

The terrain-pack author injected the terrains into mainline by using editor_group=UMC_Terrain_Pack_Misc, bridge, water in the terrain type definition. Most UMC terrains provide a red-text warning about this very issue happening when you mouse over them in the editor side-bar, and they do not get included in the groupings like "bridge". The author should have just left it at editor_group=UMC_Terrain_Pack_Misc

So, the specific bug is with the add-on. That Wesnoth is so vulnerable to misbehaving add-ons, and that the wiki doesn't mention the editor_group restrictions, are certainly issues though.

BTW: The code "BaB|" also breaks another convention, in that UMC should have Y,y,Z, or z (which is at least sort of mentioned in the wiki documentation).
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
EnergiaX

Post by EnergiaX »

josteph wrote: January 18th, 2019, 8:20 pm Yes, that's exactly what happens. The "Survival Map Pack by EnergiaX" depends on UMC Terrain Pack and loads it explicitly with {~add-ons/UMC_Terrain_Pack/load_UTP.cfg}. I hadn't considered that possibility. So let's say 1) is solved. There's still 2), though: the MP staging screen segfaults when one of the scenarios in the list has an invalid terrain code in its map data.
So, when I play my map, I have no mistakes.
Should I replace any tiles so that there are no these errors? Which?