Campaign downloads

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:

Campaign downloads

Post by Guest »

I have downloaded the extra campaigns. Every time I try to start one I recieve an error message. The game closes and will not start up again. I the have to reinstall the game to get it to work. :x
Sir Roland

Post by Sir Roland »

I have a similar problem, but mine doesnt lock up or anything. It only happens on some addon campagins but a few work. It looks like this

Signature dropped due to use of img tag
aelius

Post by aelius »

There have been substantial under the hood changes between 0.9.1 and 0.9.3 which have broken many user created campaigns. We're working on fixing them, so patience is the best policy (unless you can figure out what's wrong with a particular campaign, in which case, please tell the author!)

- b.
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever. - Antoine de Saint Exupery (of course)
altti

Post by altti »

Fair enough! Would you happen to know which campaigns work with 0.9.3 (if any)?
sanna

Re: Campaign downloads

Post by sanna »

Anonymous wrote:I have downloaded the extra campaigns. Every time I try to start one I recieve an error message. The game closes and will not start up again. I the have to reinstall the game to get it to work. :x
Actually removing the faulty user campaigns will be enough. The user campaigns are stored a bit differently depending on your system, but all have a dir for user data (on osx it is ~/Library/Preferences/Wesnoth, on linux systems it is ~/.wesnoth, on windows it is <path to wesnoth app>/userdata (which usually means C:/Program Files/Wesnoth/userdata) IIRC)
altti wrote:Fair enough! Would you happen to know which campaigns work with 0.9.3 (if any)?
ott is testing and posting here about their status: http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6463