godot: wesnoth on godot

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jay_jayjay

Re: godot: wesnoth on godot

Post by Jay_jayjay »

Personally I use the oldschool wesnoth exclusively; I tend to play only some add-ons these days,
since they are more interesting compared to the mainline scenarios and gameplay.
True, but the new version will have more functionality than the old one, such as inventories, better UI, etc.
IMO it is probably a bit too ambitious. While perhaps you can finish most of the core functionality,
I know from experience that the closer things come toward 100%, the more slowdown will
happen. :)
Well, when we are near done, we will probably have more developers developing Haldric, so I don't think there will be a slowdown.
fire-emblem

Post by fire-emblem »

when asking about how is the software designed,

1. i wasnt asking about how the programming language itself was designed (like oop or functional, etc. w/e)
2. and i wasnt asking about game design either, which i guess the list of features shows, but it doesnt say why those list of new features are how the game should be designed, but the beta version is what matters since then you can just test it and see for yourself

for how the software is designed, and why it was/is designed that way, that what i was asking about, it's a different kind of question from these 2 kinds of design

one aspect of software design is database for example, this link is not so much about the design of databases as it is about specific stuff about current databases as they are currently designed, none of which that i read

https://medium.com/@rakyll/things-i-wis ... 0178464f78
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

fire-emblem wrote: May 2nd, 2020, 5:09 pm when asking about how is the software designed,

1. i wasnt asking about how the programming language itself was designed (like oop or functional, etc. w/e)
2. and i wasnt asking about game design either, which i guess the list of features shows, but it doesnt say why those list of new features are how the game should be designed, but the beta version is what matters since then you can just test it and see for yourself

for how the software is designed, and why it was/is designed that way, that what i was asking about, it's a different kind of question from these 2 kinds of design

one aspect of software design is database for example, this link is not so much about the design of databases as it is about specific stuff about current databases as they are currently designed, none of which that i read

https://medium.com/@rakyll/things-i-wis ... 0178464f78
While the first point is certainly true, wesnoth is for the most part a computergame and doesn't need a database except for multiplayer stuff, so databases is certainly not one of the more important things to think about when deciding on this games design.

That said, the project haldric is done by a completely different set of developers than wesnoth so I cannot tell you much about it's design choices or whether such exists at all.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.