V1.7/1.8 MP - Scenario Review: LoW 3 - Ka'lian under Attack

Feedback for the multiplayer campaign mode for Legend of Wesmere.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Content Feedback
Battle for Wesnoth

V1.7/1.8 MP - Scenario Review: LoW 3 - Ka'lian under Attack

Post by Content Feedback »

Below is a small 'survey'. It'd be greatly appreciated if people who have played the third scenario of The Legend of Wesmere would fill it out.

(1) What difficulty levels and what version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?
(9) If you know a bit of the Wesnoth Markup Language - do you think that the WML of this scenario is clear and well commented? If not which part would you like to be documented better?
Sir_Bumpy

Re: V1.7/1.8 MP - Scenario Review: LoW 3 - Ka'lian under Att

Post by Sir_Bumpy »

As a heads up, the labeling is off on this level. The fords and tower labels appear to be switched, putting the North, East and West towers in the water and the ford in the fort.
Freem

Re: V1.7/1.8 MP - Scenario Review: LoW 3 - Ka'lian under Att

Post by Freem »

(1) What difficulty levels and what version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
Wesnoth 1.12, compiled from source code. Played in normal difficulty.

(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
3. Really easy, but it might be because of some issues we had.

(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
No clarity problem.

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
Correct.

(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
Did not had challenges, but, if I must say something which could be, then I would say: fighting against poison without losing too many units.

(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
200 gp for every player, in normal, means 400gp for the player team. It's too much for a normal game: I think that 150 per player would still make the map doable while making it really normally difficult.

Now, as I said, I have met what I think are bugs.

Scouts:
I was playing the west side, my brother the east one. My scout was intelligent and loyal and had the small icon saying I did not had to pay him. My brother's one had the small icon too, but not the trait: he was intelligent and dextrous.

Enemies:
For some reason, the northern orc did not moved his troops. When I noticed this, I took control manually, moving the troops in fort, and droiding it back. Annoying, and it's probable that it's why we had just no challenge.
I suspect the fog, but I have not checked if other orcish sides have fogs.

Villages:
Villages are only owned by one elvish leader. This puts the western leader in a bad situation since it imply the need to stole ally's towns, and it makes it harder to manage resources at start, too.

[edit]
Oh... sorry, did not noticed the version specified in this thread (1.7-1.8).
If there is a better place to move this post, move it there.