Colosseum - is this really impossible?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

roidanton

Colosseum - is this really impossible?

Post by roidanton »

Well, I'm fairly pissed at the moment :(

What's wrong with people if you ask about difficulty when hosting a Colosseum game, nobody asks to make it easy, there are some pro and some senior votes, so I choose senior - and all kinds of crazy things happen. Tried titles like "PRO MODE" and "EXPERTS ONLY", then set it to Senior - and all kinds of crazy things happen again.

Seen so far:
  • at least 3 people with weak units get an ability
  • wolf rider upgrades movement
  • shaman gets melee strikes, no other damage
  • shaman gets regenerates + hp, no attack
  • dark adept gets lots of damage, then doesn't attack single enemy "'cause it's day"
  • drake with reasonable hp left doesn't move / moves to center when only mudglobs left and only unit within range
And it's even worse when these things happen from those who wanted to play on Pro, not Senior - this just feels like trying to intentionally sabotage the game.

Last couple of game, I always had to kill like 7 enemies on each of the first two waves - not to mention those that I killed defensively like bats. One game, I got frozen movement and both strikes, got to the wood tile on the ice, then quickly killed all my enemies plus the one in the woods (regenerating shaman there) on 2nd wave, then it took 4 more turns to finish because Dark Adept decided to stay in castle "waiting for night" and for some reason, drakes didn't attack mudglobs. Wtf.????

Really no fun to play like this.
Insinuator

Re: Colosseum - is this really impossible?

Post by Insinuator »

Awww, you mean other humans did things you didn't like? Dang it. Never happened to me yet, but my heart goes out to you in your time of distress.
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

roidanton wrote:this just feels like trying to intentionally sabotage the game.
/thread
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
Moderator Emeritus

Post by 8680 »

Insinuator wrote:Awww, you mean other humans did things you didn't like? Dang it. Never happened to me yet, but my heart goes out to you in your time of distress.
I find this comment unacceptably sardonic. Please pay more respect to Posting Guidelines §1b in future.
Insinuator

Post by Insinuator »

Oh, blech, fine. I'll try to be nice. What do you want from the forums with your post, Roidanton?
s1m0n

Post by s1m0n »

In my two months of playing Colosseum nearly every day, I've never had such mates. Either you must have had very bad luck or I had good luck :D

Edit: just saw that the thread has been abandoned for 7 years, so I don't expect any answers
eh, what comes here again?