Healers can only heal 18 HP total for all adj. units?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Healers can only heal 18 HP total for all adj. units?

Post by Atreides »

I read this in the wiki. Another wiki did not mention it in same section. Looked in main.cfg and it seems to be missing the variable for limiting heals. I'm also pretty sure that I've seen healers heal more than that.

I suspect the wiki I found is outdated (was not labelled as such though). Also seemed to contain an error re: healthy units.

A little confused. Not much, but just a smidgeon...
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: Healers can only heal 18 HP total for all adj. units?

Post by Pentarctagon »

The regular heals ability in vanilla Wesnoth doesn't have that limitation.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Thanks, relieved to hear that. Thought I might have been playing all wrong... ; )

I've also been trying to find out if units with custom regen like say +6 (Era of Magic) benefit from +4 healing or not. I think they ought to since the heal cap is 8 and the extra 2 is just discarded. The visuals of the green numbers at start of turn are just too fast for my old brain/eyes to follow anymore alas... (hell I can barely read the tiny font here on this BBS)
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

There is no heal cap. Since you mentioned EoMa, it has +12 heal for example.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

So does that mean that if you have two curers next to a badly hurt unit they can heal it by 16? Is that EoMa specific? I have not played it enough to see the +12 healers yet :)
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

The heals and regenerates abilities can be given arbitrary values in the WML - in SX scenarios for example, buying regeneration of 100+ is not uncommon.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

Multiple healers will still not stack. Only thing that stacks is rest healing and a unit can be healed by multiple healers from different sides.

The 18 HP limit is gone since a long while, if you can point out the wiki page in need of updating maybe someone can get to that.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
otzenpunk

Post by otzenpunk »

Soliton wrote: May 4th, 2020, 7:11 pm Multiple healers will still not stack. Only thing that stacks is rest healing and a unit can be healed by multiple healers from different sides.
And healing and regeneration doesn't stack either, right? The question is, does regeneration prevent healing, or does the higher number count? In the Default Era it doesn't really matter, because regeneration is always 8, and healing is never higher. But what happens, when some unit with a special lesser form of regeneration is standing beside a full healer?
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Highest applies. That is especially relevant when one of the heals is negative.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

How about healthy? Is it cumulative with rest and/or healing?
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

Soliton wrote: May 4th, 2020, 7:11 pm The 18 HP limit is gone since a long while, if you can point out the wiki page in need of updating maybe someone can get to that.
https://wiki.wesnoth.org/PlayingBattleForWesnoth

Healthy, cure and heal all seem to be out of date in this document.
otzenpunk

Post by otzenpunk »

Atreides wrote: May 5th, 2020, 6:09 pm How about healthy? Is it cumulative with rest and/or healing?
According to the description, healthy units "rest", even when they're not really resting aka. always. So it's cumulative with healing but not with resting because it *is* resting.
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

Atreides wrote: May 5th, 2020, 6:15 pm https://wiki.wesnoth.org/PlayingBattleForWesnoth

Healthy, cure and heal all seem to be out of date in this document.
That looks like an outdated version of the manual (https://manual.wesnoth.org). I think that page can just be deleted.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

otzenpunk wrote: May 5th, 2020, 6:18 pm
Atreides wrote: May 5th, 2020, 6:09 pm How about healthy? Is it cumulative with rest and/or healing?
According to the description, healthy units "rest", even when they're not really resting aka. always. So it's cumulative with healing but not with resting because it *is* resting.
Gotcha, 2 hp whether they move or not. Gotta make sure I remember not to try and rest heal healthy units hehe...

Interesting thought. A unit with regen and healthy would heal 10 hp every turn unless poisoned! Still 2 then. That'd be a fun unit. Probably exists already but I guess I have not seen it yet. <grin>