Kaleh Unit in Multiplayer - Faction?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

MarcTheLost

Kaleh Unit in Multiplayer - Faction?

Post by MarcTheLost »

Hi,

I'm a long term player,
and, let's make it quick, I looked for some time now, on a way to play, on multiplayer mode, the desert Elves(like in UTBS campaign), including the heros Kaleh and Nym, with their awesome unique way to gain levels.

I did not find any way to do this yet, but since the units are in the core game, I guess there must be a way, right?

I'm asking this for everybody, for I'm pretty sure a lot of other players would enjoy that. For exemple, Fighting the Dune People in multiplyer with Desert Elves, on a desert map, would be awesome.
If anybody knows how to do this, please let me know. Wathever if it is an extention, or a little trick with codes on a terminal lol.
And then, maybe, we'll be able to find a way to make it simple for future players :)

I'm Using Wesnoth 1.14.9 on Ubuntu 20.04.1
beetlenaut
Developer

Re: Kaleh Unit in Multiplayer - Faction?

Post by beetlenaut »

The way to do this is to include them in a custom-made era (which is a collection of factions). Fortunately, there is already one era on the add-ons server that includes the Quenoth and Dunefolk in it among others. It's called the "Era of more units." As long as both players have it installed, you can use it in multiplayer today.

Custom AMLA rules are not that unique in Wesnoth add-ons. There are even mods that allow you to buy equipment and training for all your units. I didn't check to see if the Era of more units uses any of those custom rule sets or not. But, if not, it would probably only take a day or two to to figure out how to copy those in for the Quenoth youth, even if you have never programmed anything before.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
MoonyDragon

Post by MoonyDragon »

MarcTheLost wrote: August 10th, 2020, 9:37 pm I did not find any way to do this yet, but since the units are in the core game, I guess there must be a way, right?
It's an ugly way, but this 5-min creation should work:
default+quenoth+dunefolk.7z
(830 Bytes) Downloaded 265 times
Default L0 Era - Level 1 leaders with level 0 recruits!
MarcTheLost

Post by MarcTheLost »

MoonyDragon wrote: August 11th, 2020, 11:34 am
MarcTheLost wrote: August 10th, 2020, 9:37 pm I did not find any way to do this yet, but since the units are in the core game, I guess there must be a way, right?
It's an ugly way, but this 5-min creation should work:
default+quenoth+dunefolk.7z
Hey Thks a lot! I downloaded your files, but I'm not sure where to put it. In the extentions folder, or do I have to replace the core file by this one?

Thks a lot man!
MoonyDragon

Post by MoonyDragon »

MarcTheLost wrote: August 22nd, 2020, 6:01 pm Hey Thks a lot! I downloaded your files, but I'm not sure where to put it. In the extentions folder, or do I have to replace the core file by this one?

Thks a lot man!
Put it into your add-ons/ folder. Changing the core files is taboo, unless you really know what you're doing.
Default L0 Era - Level 1 leaders with level 0 recruits!
MarcTheLost

Post by MarcTheLost »

Ehe yeah, I guess the core is a taboo haha. I just added the files in the addons folder and it works perfectly, thank you, I really appreciate your help :D