A Study On Tension In Strategy Games

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

OctarineSourcerer

A Study On Tension In Strategy Games

Post by OctarineSourcerer »

Hi all!

I'm running an experiment to try and figure some things out about tension in strategy games; it involves playing a Wesnoth scenario and then answering a questionnaire, and it should only take half an hour tops. In a nutshell, sweet lordy do I need a few participants, and I'd be incredibly grateful if anyone had a go.

Here's the instruction page https://octarinesourcerer.co.uk/interce ... xperiment/, and the scenario is in the Add-Ons list, as "Interception". Roughly speaking, it involves fending off an invasion of orcs, with some uh, tactical details.

Thank you so much for your time! Stay safe, and have a lovely day,
Dan
gnombat

Re: A Study On Tension In Strategy Games

Post by gnombat »

OctarineSourcerer wrote: September 5th, 2020, 1:40 pm sweet lordy do I need a few participants
If you're having trouble finding people, you could try posting in some other places - e.g., Reddit or Steam.
OctarineSourcerer

Post by OctarineSourcerer »

gnombat wrote: September 6th, 2020, 3:41 am
OctarineSourcerer wrote: September 5th, 2020, 1:40 pm sweet lordy do I need a few participants
If you're having trouble finding people, you could try posting in some other places - e.g., Reddit or Steam.
That's a good shout - I posted to the reddit moderators but have yet to hear anything back. I'll throw something at the steam community forums though; cheers!
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

Done.
It was nice and short to play.
It is visibly made for players that are not familiar with Wesnoth, but it is indeed the point.