Help! Strange Legacy dungeon generation broken.

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JoeyPepperoni

Help! Strange Legacy dungeon generation broken.

Post by JoeyPepperoni »

I was playing Strange Legacy, the custom rpg, and exploring the Darkwood dungeon. I was on the second level and the exit generated on a denseforest type terrain, an impassable terrain. As I cannot walk onto the trigger, I cannot leave the dungeon without reverting aback to an earlier save. I spent many hours trying to complete my mission and would really like to avoid losing that progress. Attached is a screenshot of the offending tile.

Does anyone know of an console commands that could help me? I looked but nothing I could find seemed particularly useful. My ideas are changing the terrain type to something walkable, forcing my unit to move there, or moving the trigger; but I saw no commands that could do any of these things. I'm reluctant to use the choose_level command as this scenario seems to work quite differently than most others, and I don't want to mess something up. Also I don't know what scenario I should choose, or what it might be called.

I'm looking for any and all help, thank you.
Attachments
Screenshot (40).png
patience_reloaded

Re: Help! Strange Legacy dungeon generation broken.

Post by patience_reloaded »

I don't know if it works, but with the "unit" command, you could set the x- and y-coordinates to the coordinates of the tile. It may or may not trigger it.
GForce0

Post by GForce0 »

Otherwise you could edit the save file to set the coordinates.
First extract the compressed file, then edit with a text editor such as notepad.
Scroll down to find your unit and edit the x and y coordinates.

It will look like this for example
Spoiler:
JoeyPepperoni

Post by JoeyPepperoni »

Thanks for the help, but the problem still remains. I didn't manage to figure out a way to change my unit's coordinate with the unit command, no formatting I tried let me change either a single variable or both, but I'm not hopeful it'll work anyways. I did manage to edit my save file to change my unit's x,y; but when I loaded the game the trigger didn't activate, this is why I'm hopeful about changing my unit's x,y. I also managed to change the save so that the tile itself was of a walkable type, but that didn't work either. When I walked onto the tile the trigger didn't activate as it should have. This makes me worry that the trigger itself is missing or broken.

My only other idea is to let my unit move on the tiles, but that might not be possible. When looking into this idea I noticed that the terrain type doesn't have any movement properties. Not unwalkable or impassible as you might assume, but nothing. It seems to be missing the data entirely. There's no guarantee that if I even if I edited my unit to allow it to move onto impassible or uwalkable tiles that I could move onto this tile type. This is why I don't think the save is fixable, the trigger seems to be broken, or to break when the terrain is tampered with, and the terrain itself seems likely to be a problem that can't be fixed.

Thanks for the help anyways, I'm gonna try loading the overworld scenario manually, and if that doesn't work I'm afraid it's over for my safe file.
JoeyPepperoni

Post by JoeyPepperoni »

Final update, loading the overworld seems to have fixed things. I guess that shouldn't be such a surprise, the trigger probably just does the thing I did. I spawned in at the correct location and all my stats were as they should have been, minus my gold. I was missing about 35k of it, but that was easily remedied with console commands. It's possible that some behind the scenes things could still be broken, or that that dungeon is now forever off limits, but I'll keep this character going as things seem to be as they should be.

What an exciting experience. I hope it never happens again.