How to change to Zhongwen language (simplified chinese)

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

kakingho

How to change to Zhongwen language (simplified chinese)

Post by kakingho »

i had installed specified font.

However when i press change language to Zhongwen.....
:roll: ....nothing happens~~

wt happen?!

wt more thing that i need to do??!

thanks~~ :lol:

reference picture :
sanna

Post by sanna »

First of all, you say you have installed the font, but have you placed it so Wesnoth can find it? Please read http://wesnoth.slack.it/?WesnothAsianLanguages

Also, please let us know what system you are using, then it will be easier for us to help you.

/Sanna
ettin
Lord of Glamdrol

Re: How to change to Zhongwen language (simplified chinese)

Post by ettin »

kakingho wrote:i had installed specified font.
However when i press change language to Zhongwen.....
:roll: ....nothing happens~~
wt happen?!
wt more thing that i need to do??!
thanks~~ :lol:
reference picture :
The chinese translation is a work in progress, it is not finished yet (see statistics).

Moreover, you seem to be using 0.8.11+cvs, and only a few strings were translated in that version. Check if the title and description of Heir to the Throne are translated (Campaign -> Heir to the Throne).

I strongly recommend you to update to 0.9.1 or even better, 0.9.1+cvs, since the translation of HttT is almost finished now (only a few fuzzy strings left).

If you still have problems, let us know your operating system and default locale.
kakingho

Post by kakingho »

yup~
i had installed specified font and already put it into the fonts/ directory

In fact , i am now using version 0.9.1, but there is still a problem.

I am using window XP.

reference picture
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (153.8 KiB) Viewed 3990 times
kakingho

Post by kakingho »

no solution?!
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

This problem under Windows is realated to a bug. Chinese is working, if both, gkai00mp.ttf (font to display chinese correct) and sazanami-gothic.ttf (font to display japanese correct) are installed. This seems to be a bug ONLY for the windows version of the game. I'll post a bug report for this one at savannah, so maybe it is fixed in the next release. Until then you do need to get both fonts to be able to play it in chinese.
Greets,
Nils Kneuper aka Ivanovic

EDIT: Correction: You only need to have the japanese font installed. Chinese should work now, at least a font is displayed for the chars. (strange bug)

EDIT2: I have been totally wrong above. The reason of not seeing the chinese translation is quite easy. The packager forgot to ship it with the game. This will hopefully fixed in the next release ;)
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

Okay, here is the solution for all of your probs:
Just extract this zip file and copy the folder from withhin it, into your wesnoth/po folder. (This is the directory with many lang codes in it, only zh_CN is missing, but you will have it in there after putting the folder from the zip file into there) If you copied this and have the font for chinese in the wesnoth/font directory, you should be able to play it in chinese. (Maybe it is not translated in the lang selection, but it should be working in httt.)

EDIT: You do need to restart wesnoth, after selecting chinese, to make it work. I attached a screenshot to proof it is working now.

EDIT2: The problem about missing translations in the 0.9.1 windows release was already known before, the packager only forgot to include chinese in the most recent (0.9.1b) release: http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... ght=#76386
To keep your download size small you can also use the zip file I attached to this post.
Attachments
proof that it is working
proof that it is working
wesnoth_chinese.JPG (75.51 KiB) Viewed 3915 times
zh_CN.zip
Correct translation for 0.9.1
(27.75 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
kakingho

Post by kakingho »

ic........
the reason is missing the file.

Now is okay

thx a lot

Editors remember add it in next release.