Dialog error message on iOS

All questions/issues/feedback for the iOS version of Wesnoth belong here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

PlasmaDragoon

Dialog error message on iOS

Post by PlasmaDragoon »

I’ve encountered a error message in legend of the invincibles campaign part 1, where when I kill a unit with Delly I get this error message: failed to show dialog, which doesn’t fit on screen.

It told me when reporting this bug I needed to type this out:

/Users/vic/src/wesnoth/wesnoth_ios/battleforwesnoth/battleforwesnoth/gui/widgets/window.cpp:947 in function ‘layout’ found the following problem: Failed to size window; wanted size 568,363 available size 568,320 screen size 568,320.

I posted this on general forum to realise, it would be better to get help on the iOS technical support.
Elvish_Hunter

Re: Dialog error message on iOS

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

PlasmaDragoon wrote: November 28th, 2019, 9:38 am I posted this on general forum to realise, it would be better to get help on the iOS technical support.
Welcome to the forums :)
Our Community Guidelines (please give them a look, since you're a new member!) don't usually allow cross-posting and duplicated topics. So, the best course of action would've been asking a moderator to move your topic - except I already did before you posted your second message :P
Since this appears to be an issue caused by some custom dialogs used in Loti, I merged your initial topic there: viewtopic.php?f=8&p=649352#p649343. To avoid causing confusion, I'm locking this one; however, it'll be unlocked if the author of LotI determines that this is an engine bug, rather than an add-on bug.
You can send me a PM if you have any further question.

EDIT: unlocked after a user asked me by PM to do so to help answer the question, and also because Dugi determined that the problem might actually be an iOS port issue.
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
singalen
iOS Port Maintainer

Re: Dialog error message on iOS

Post by singalen »

Thank you very much for a detailed report!
It looks like you are using iPhone version, which is 1.10 now (unless you are a part of TestFlight testing team).
1.14 (or 1.16, if the release happens) for iPhone is coming out in December, it should be very different. It does have a fix for oversized campaign images on iPhone.