Missing in 'Languages'-menu

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TyBonzer
Translator

Missing in 'Languages'-menu

Post by TyBonzer »

Hi,

I’m translating Wesnoth to Dutch.
Since the translation of the core files is 100% done now (see GetText), I’m trying to test it in-game, but there I discovered that the dutch language is not represented in the list.

So apart from me translating it, when I open the ‘Language’-menu on Wesnoth’s homescreen, there is no Dutch (Nederlands) language (see screenshots). I can acces the Dutch language with the option “System default language”, but what about the Dutch people whose system language is, for example, English? They can’t select Dutch/Nederlands in the list.

How can this get fixed?

Thanks in advance,
Merijn
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Re: Missing in 'Languages'-menu

Post by octalot »

It shows up if you add the command-line option --all-translations.
TyBonzer
Translator

Post by TyBonzer »

octalot wrote: April 19th, 2019, 3:36 pm It shows up if you add the command-line option --all-translations.
Thank you!
And how/where do I do that?
command-line option?
GunChleoc
Translator

Post by GunChleoc »

Assuming you're on Windows, you could edit the shortcut to Wesnoth and add the option to its properties somewhere in there.

A second option would be to search for "cmd" to get a command line, then use the cd command to navigate to the Wesnoth installation directory and call wesnoth.exe --all-translations

https://www.digitalcitizen.life/command ... c-commands
TyBonzer
Translator

Post by TyBonzer »

GunChleoc wrote: April 24th, 2019, 12:24 pm Assuming you're on Windows, you could edit the shortcut to Wesnoth and add the option to its properties somewhere in there.
Yes I'm on Windows 10 and I'm using Steam.
Could you specify "somewhere in there" please?
Because I tried to put it in three different places and none of them would work.

Also, I learned that the language-list in-game is made up of languages with a certain amount of percentage done (somewhere in between 60 and 75%). So over time, when the Dutch translation is more complete, it will be added automatically to the standard in-game list.
Last edited by TyBonzer on April 25th, 2019, 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

For Steam, you should also be able to go into Library > right click on Battle for Wesnoth > Properties > General tab > SET LAUNCH OPTIONS... > put %command% --all-translations
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
TyBonzer
Translator

Post by TyBonzer »

Pentarctagon wrote: April 25th, 2019, 12:39 pm For Steam, you should also be able to go into Library > right click on Battle for Wesnoth > Properties > General tab > SET LAUNCH OPTIONS... > put %command% --all-translations
Thank you very much, this worked for me!
A language will appear automatically when it's a certain amount of percentage completed (i guess somewhere between 50-75%)
Consider this post [SOLVED]