[Complete] Double Style Tournament - 2v2 Tourney #2

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Katze

Re: [In Progress] Double Style Tournament - 2v2 Tourney #2

Post by Katze »

Dear Group 1,

for this round we are in your group.
We do have time 24/7, please just contact us.
I'll never forget SpieIer and Dr_x
miss you guys
Katze

Post by Katze »

GForce0 wrote: November 20th, 2020, 8:42 pm Group 1:
Who can play next Friday 2020-11-27 at 21.00 GMT+1
We do have time, but we would like to start 1 hour earlier if that's posible. But 21:00 GMT + 1 is also fine.
miss you guys
SpieIer

Post by SpieIer »

matto wrote: November 19th, 2020, 5:41 pm
Katze wrote: November 19th, 2020, 4:39 pm How can FaZe Clan have played 5 games?
And why dose they have to play in elimination, isn't team Johnny Bravo lower rated?
I decided that FaZe Clan has been too inactive. I care more about played games than score. Thats why i don't like rules, people will start to point out my low will to write the rules perfectly XD and you could say that Elder is inactive too, but he will be kicked out anyway if he doesn't find a teammate. same would have been for FaZe Clan for being too inactive anyway.
according to your score board faze actually has been the most active of all the 5 teams in its bracket as it apparently played 5(!) games. usurpers have actually been only half as active as faze if we go by replays posted, is only half a team and could still advance to round 2.

to me this seems to be a rather strange favouritism i have only one sensible explanation for: you want elder in as he is a somewhat competent player and not all here are on his level. sure good opponents make a tourney interesting, but if we start to kick twice as active teams in favour of that half team with a decent player it starts looking grim for said tourney. especially if both teams shouldev been kicked - they did complete a fraction of their games while all other seem to have managed to play ALL (? too lazy to check forum) their other games - and the weakest two teams paired against each other - that is if we wanted an elimination this round.

rules and such start to be an issue if they are not followed - especially if its the one wielding power and formulating the rules in the first place. while i generally dislike rules myself, i do understand their usefulness, the need to formulate them properly and the perks of following them to some extent. not following them as here opens up great potential for abuse of power.
of course this is but a silly tourney for a faction of players of a fringe turn based strategy game without any real prize save the fun in participating. any potential abuse of power is not really going to affect anyones rl in a massively negative way - id hope at least - but having too many arbitrary decisions might negatively impact the willingness of the players to participate, something that neither the teams nor the organisator should want.
so not following rules of the tourney might be sub optimal if we want to finish it, on top of the reason to be against it out of principle - i mean i am not allowed to be a rude fück to sv or others, so why should i accept that someone else doesnt have to follow the rules or the tourney in form of its organisator is disregarding its own rules?

well faze is out anyway so lets not dabble too much in this topic however id suggest two things to fix this specific issue:
1) amend "5. Game scheduling" to actually contain some punishment for those not playing all their games - something which they must do according to this however they dont have to fear any repercussions whatsoever.
2) give all participants that are left on their own a sensible, transparent(!) time frame within which they can find a partner before they get terminated. do not let elder, or anyone for that matter, skip 1 round(+?) cause he is somewhat capable - seems highly unfair to those who actually "wasted" their lifetime to play their games.

also is there any particular reason for shuffling the teams around in the brackets? kinda confusing and another arbitrary (didnt check if it was announced somewhere be so kind to point that out to me) decision that might put participants off.

edit: scratched a redundant on, got rl into form and censor something something
Last edited by SpieIer on November 21st, 2020, 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GForce0

Post by GForce0 »

I'm not sure if I can make 20.00, let's try 20.30 then
SpieIer

Post by SpieIer »

GForce0 wrote: November 21st, 2020, 10:21 pm I'm not sure if I can make 20.00, let's try 20.30 then
thats perfectly fine. so we play on 27.11.2020 20:30 gmt+1 (19:30 utc+0) then?
i just like to try to get these games to start a bit earlier as they can take their fair share of time. i wouldnt mind playing at later times but ppl get tired at night...
matto

Post by matto »

SpieIer wrote: November 21st, 2020, 9:14 pm according to your score board faze actually has been the most active of all the 5 teams in its bracket as it apparently played 5(!) games. usurpers have actually been only half as active as faze if we go by replays posted, is only half a team and could still advance to round 2.
When did FaZe Clan play 5 game? They played only 2 games. I count the games that they didn't play vs other teams like a draw (exemple they didn't play versus Ancient Gamblers), i would count those games as a loss for FaZe Clan only if the enemy team (Ancient Gamblers) actualy sent me a screenshot where they asked FaZe Clan for a game date and didn't get a reply.
SpieIer wrote: November 21st, 2020, 9:14 pm to me this seems to be a rather strange favouritism i have only one sensible explanation for: you want elder in as he is a somewhat competent player and not all here are on his level. sure good opponents make a tourney interesting, but if we start to kick twice as active teams in favour of that half team with a decent player it starts looking grim for said tourney. especially if both teams shouldev been kicked - they did complete a fraction of their games while all other seem to have managed to play ALL (? too lazy to check forum) their other games - and the weakest two teams paired against each other - that is if we wanted an elimination this round.
FaZe Clan isnt exactly "twice as active" for me xD anyway they did play 1 more game than The Usurpers, (The Usurpers 1 game, FaZe Clan 2 games) so yeah, i guess i did give a bit of favouritism to Elder, he is going to be eliminated today 22th anyway since he didn't find a teammate before the start of Round2 and didn't give a positive sign to continue this Tournament.

The weakest team for lowest score in Group1 were Johnny Bravo (GForce0 & Johnjohnjcvd), so we would have saw Johnny Bravo vs shortboy168 if no teams did actually left.
SpieIer wrote: November 21st, 2020, 9:14 pm rules and such start to be an issue if they are not followed - especially if its the one wielding power and formulating the rules in the first place. while i generally dislike rules myself, i do understand their usefulness, the need to formulate them properly and the perks of following them to some extent. not following them as here opens up great potential for abuse of power.
of course this is but a silly tourney for a faction of players of a fringe turn based strategy game without any real prize save the fun in participating. any potential abuse of power is not really going to affect anyones rl in a massively negative way - id hope at least - but having too many arbitrary decisions might negatively impact the willingness of the players to participate, something that neither the teams nor the organisator should want.
so not following rules of the tourney might be sub optimal if we want to finish it, on top of the reason to be against it out of principle - i mean i am not allowed to be a rude fück to sv or others, so why should i accept that someone else doesnt have to follow the rules or the tourney in form of its organisator is disregarding its own rules?
I prefer to say that you shouldn't precisely follow the rules, but instead follow the organizer lead.

Spieler XD What arbitrary decisions you are talking about?
I can find only one arbitrary decision and that is for who would fight the Group2 worst team (shortboy168)
SpieIer wrote: November 21st, 2020, 9:14 pm well faze is out anyway so lets not dabble too much in this topic however id suggest two things to fix this specific issue:
1) amend "5. Game scheduling" to actually contain some punishment for those not playing all their games - something which they must do according to this however they dont have to fear any repercussions whatsoever.
2) give all participants that are left on their own a sensible, transparent(!) time frame within which they can find a partner before they get terminated. do not let elder, or anyone for that matter, skip 1 round(+?) cause he is somewhat capable - seems highly unfair to those who actually "wasted" their lifetime to play their games.
I didn't give a transparent limit date within which they could find a partner, but i did tell them to find a partner pretty early like 2 weeks ago/more.

I will write new rules related to your suggestions. This way you can have a clearer guiding line.

SpieIer wrote: November 21st, 2020, 9:14 pm also is there any particular reason for shuffling the teams around in the brackets? kinda confusing and another arbitrary (didnt check if it was announced somewhere be so kind to point that out to me) decision that might put participants off.
An "arbitrary decision" that wont even hurt the Tournament, but only add more fun, called... Variety.
DST#1 DST#2 DST#3

DST#4 Registration Open
garad4

Post by garad4 »

So, tonight we kick the usurpers out of the solar system and celebrate the beginning of round 2? Amazing! :mrgreen:
While it’s true most Dragons are cruel, the Shivan Dragon seems to take particular glee in the misery of others, often tormenting its victims much like a cat plays with a mouse before delivering the final blow.
GForce0

Post by GForce0 »

SpieIer wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 12:10 am
GForce0 wrote: November 21st, 2020, 10:21 pm I'm not sure if I can make 20.00, let's try 20.30 then
thats perfectly fine. so we play on 27.11.2020 20:30 gmt+1 (19:30 utc+0) then?
i just like to try to get these games to start a bit earlier as they can take their fair share of time. i wouldnt mind playing at later times but ppl get tired at night...
I do absolutely agree and prefer not too late as well, it's just that I also need to take care of other stuff :)
Perhaps if you guys are lurking around in the lobby already we could start earlier if I make it, but for now let's set it like this

Johnny Bravo (GForce0 & Johnjohnjcvd1) vs. ZeGermans (Spieler & Katze): Friday 2020-11-27 at 20.30 GMT+1

If anyone from group 1 can play the day after (Saturday 2020-11-28) around the same time, let me know
matto

Post by matto »

Dractoria vs The Musketeers the 28th Saturday at 18:00 UTC+0
DST#1 DST#2 DST#3

DST#4 Registration Open
GForce0

Post by GForce0 »

Change:

Johnny Bravo (GForce0 & Johnjohnjcvd1) vs. ZeGermans (Spieler & Katze): Friday 2020-11-27 at 20.00 GMT+1
NanRage

Post by NanRage »

hi everybody,

Anyone of our group can play vs us this weekend?

Salut,

N
Katze

Post by Katze »

that was brutal
Attachments
[DST#2] ZeGermens vs Johnny Bravo [round2].gz
(51.82 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
miss you guys
SpieIer

Post by SpieIer »

NanRage wrote: November 27th, 2020, 7:18 pm hi everybody,

Anyone of our group can play vs us this weekend?

Salut,

N
sure we got time. when is it convenient for you?
NanRage

Post by NanRage »

this afternoon?
Katze

Post by Katze »

NanRage wrote: November 28th, 2020, 2:24 pm this afternoon?
Sorry we didn't notice your mss in time.

What's about tomorrow?
miss you guys