[Complete] TOURNAMENT: Conquest

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SlowThinker

Re: TOURNAMENT: Conquest

Post by SlowThinker »

Lich_Lord wrote:There appears to be a bug when using wesnoth 1.10.1 (1.10.0 is fine) where only a few spawns can be obtained and the ai is always the same for those spawns (for example two pentaria and a trevero was obtained something like 4/10 tries). This bug has only been confirmed for surdmark and only I have managed to produce it. ... Maybe my computer is just messed up, but its best to be cautious.
Can you confirm you get no bug if you host a game with 1.10.0?
And can anyone else report how 1.10.1 behaves on his computer?
Zbyll wrote:Replay is corrupted so I have zipped autosaves (also first two turns lost).
I have replayed your game with no problem. Did you replay with Wesnoth 1.10.1 or not?
Conscience wrote:What's needed for the website?
I could do one in Drupal.
Maybe it is not worth the effort now when the tournament is in half already ...
Functionalities that come in my mind:
The boss can login and set up groups (=pairs so far), and edit a page that would replace the thread "Conquest tournament (announcements)"
The player can login and change the groups' page: post a result and a savefile, post a comment
I work on Conquest Minus • I use DFoolWide, Retro Terrain Package and the add-on 'High Contrast Water'
I moved to Nosebane's corner (Doc Paterson's signature); I am spending my time there, so PM me if I don't answer your post in forums
Lich_Lord

Post by Lich_Lord »

SlowThinker wrote:
Lich_Lord wrote:There appears to be a bug when using wesnoth 1.10.1 (1.10.0 is fine) where only a few spawns can be obtained and the ai is always the same for those spawns (for example two pentaria and a trevero was obtained something like 4/10 tries). This bug has only been confirmed for surdmark and only I have managed to produce it. ... Maybe my computer is just messed up, but its best to be cautious.
Can you confirm you get no bug if you host a game with 1.10.0?
And can anyone else report how 1.10.1 behaves on his computer?
After multiple trials on 1.10.0, I was unable to reproduce this bug.
xy-theone

Post by xy-theone »

i won the second game vs lich
so its 1 : 1
Attachments
xy-lich_game_2.gz
(84.9 KiB) Downloaded 574 times
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

I replayed the start, and I see xy won mainly because he risked in Gagarlon and got Lariss in Tarsia.
But I think the risk was rather unreasonable, because he couldn't know Lariss was so important.

BTW the attached file is a replay and it doesn't contain comments of observers. Does a full save contain them?

-----------------------------------------------------
Lich_Lord wrote:There appears to be a bug when using wesnoth 1.10.1 (1.10.0 is fine) where only a few spawns can be obtained and the ai is always the same for those spawns (for example two pentaria and a trevero was obtained something like 4/10 tries).
I tested with 1.10.1, and I noticed nothing abnormal.
Can you download the attached scenario, start several games with 1.10.1 and check whether the strings of numbers are different (the scenario just produces random numbers)?
Attachments
test_seed_generator.zip
(604 Bytes) Downloaded 530 times
Zbyll

Post by Zbyll »

Won vs Conscience 2:0, replay of 2nd game below:
Zbyll-Conscience-2-0.gz
(234.72 KiB) Downloaded 565 times
Amangon

Post by Amangon »

The Deathline is realy inconveniantly placed for me. It ends rigth before I finaly have quite a bit of free time. xD
Now I am forced to play during the last weak of school ever (Its more partying than school). Ergo I am tired as hell and sligthly intoxinated.
I gues postponing the End of Round 2 wont be possible? (Would be great :P)

More on topic:
The replay of the first game between neila and me will go online the next time we meet. We originaly agreed to play till 3 wins, if we decide to change it because of lack of time I will give a notice.
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

Two months is quite long period, so the problem is we (players) don't take the deadline enough seriously. So if I start postponing the deadline then things will be even worse.

But ... now there is only 1 winner in Division A, so it is possible that I will use a similar measure like in Round 1 (read above about Berserkjaguar-SlowThinker, tauno-trankiloman)
Amangon

Post by Amangon »

Jea, I understand your reasoning.
To be honest I expected your replay. Just tougth it was worth a try :P. Dont realy like playing while in a bad condition
(and after todays big party I probably wont be in the best condition).
However, its the last thing I will do in school and one of the last things I am gonna do with my friends in school.

The problem is not even not being able to finish (given neila comes online), but playing bad. xD

Well, have fun guys, I am gonna party now ;-)
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

Division B, SlowThinker - BLAST 1:0

we had to reverse the order of sides, because BLAST couldn't take side 1 (the problem is explained in the post that introduced 3.0.18)

Edit: I think I played the start quite well until turn 8. Then I made a terrible blunder: I was ready to capture Russadi and Etruria that turn, but finally I captured none and I lost two bonuses for one turn:
I didnt expect BLAST would try to capture Torath, and so I started killing the AI in Russadi and Etruria, and only then I sent my horse to explore Torath. Then I needed a bit of luck to make a base in Seccar (Tyndaris) and so to prevent blue to finish Torath.
If I explored Torath first then I had a good chance to get Etruria + Tyndaris and to save 9 gold.
Attachments
SlowThinker-BLAST_Round2_Game1.gz
(183.08 KiB) Downloaded 535 times
Last edited by SlowThinker on April 2nd, 2012, 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Amangon

Post by Amangon »

So here are my games vs neila.
I won both. (At the beginning of the second game we agreed to play only till 2 wins (neilas sugestion))

Unfortunately the replays are both somehow corupted.

The first file ist the lastest autosave of the first game, in that turn I suicided in neilas barca and soltane village and took Breez. Afterwards he gave up.
The other save was taken in the second game rigth before we both left.
Both where taken during my turn.

Edit: To summarise: My match with neila ends with 2:0.
Attachments
neila_vs_Amangon_2.gz
(165.01 KiB) Downloaded 496 times
neila_vs_Amangon.gz
(181.78 KiB) Downloaded 582 times
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

Corrupted are the replays at replays.wesnoth.org, or saves you posted here?
Amangon

Post by Amangon »

the saves I posted here are clean.
the replays online are corrupted (the first goes totaly out of sync and the second stops in turn 7 (greens turn lol))
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

Gyudan wrote:Has anyone seen C4theslayer recently ? He hasn't checked the forum for one month :<
Gyudan, did you get any answer from C4theslayer?
I see in his profile:
"Last visited: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:20 pm"
Amangon wrote:the saves I posted here are clean.
the replays online are corrupted (the first goes totaly out of sync and the second stops in turn 7 (greens turn lol))
The 1st game is affected by this bug very likely.

But are you sure about the second one? I downloaded
http://replays.wesnoth.org/1.10/2012033 ... _(6013).gz
and I went through whole replay without any problem.
I work on Conquest Minus • I use DFoolWide, Retro Terrain Package and the add-on 'High Contrast Water'
I moved to Nosebane's corner (Doc Paterson's signature); I am spending my time there, so PM me if I don't answer your post in forums
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

Round 2:
I won the match with BLAST:
SlowThinker - BLAST 2:0

--------------------------------------
Edit:
Round 3 started:
I won first game with Zbyll: Zbyll resigned in turn 6.
Also we agreed that our match required 3-wins.

We played 4 vs 4 on the Pasarganta map.
Zbyll's green side got super-unlucky vs Neutrals (Zbyll can tell the exact number) in turn 4 in Calron, accompanied by a mistake probably (not enough of scouting).
I wouldn't resign in that situation thought, because it was not 100% clear that black would get the Calron's bonus. If it would not then Zbyll's purple would kill black probably, because black was completely isolated, with no support from my other sides.
Attachments
C-_Pasarg_SlowThinker-Zbyll_Round3_Game1.gz
(192.76 KiB) Downloaded 543 times
C-_Surdmark_BLAST-SlowThinker_Game2.gz
(177.3 KiB) Downloaded 615 times
Lich_Lord

Post by Lich_Lord »

I would like to continue playing in the tournament in division AB, thanks.