[Complete] (TAF)The Alternate Frontier, 1v1 wesnoth tournament

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Castoridae

Re: (TAF)The Alternate Frontier, 1v1 wesnoth tournament

Post by Castoridae »

The Black Sword wrote:Castoridae vs Mint can start immediately. Remember, this is essentially a best of 3, with Castoridae counting as winning the first game for being in first place.
On the back of a free victory, I'll be meeting Mint again on battlefield for a best of three.
The first game will most probably take place on Saturday 0800-1200 UTC/GMT.
1:0 by T.K.O.:
Haudegen

Post by Haudegen »

I'd like to report the finale and the winner on http://www.reddit.com/r/wesnoth/ - if you don't object.

Is there already a date for the final match?
Castoridae

Post by Castoridae »

Mint vs Castoridae is going to start in the next 10 minutes.
Castoridae vs Mint:
Attachments
_TAF_-_Group_Weldyn_Final_-_Mint_vs_Castoridae.gz
(19.56 KiB) Downloaded 694 times
Dreadnough

Post by Dreadnough »

Kira1 vs Dreadnough

the game didn't end yet. We are arround turn 30. But unfortunatally I am unable to catch Kira1 online.

Therefore I decided to upload it anyway, for entertaining purpose.
Attachments
TAF_vs_Kira1_save.gz
(61.33 KiB) Downloaded 489 times
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

Firstly, congratulations to Castoridae on advancing to the TAF final!

Secondly, I should apologise for not moving things along recently. The group phase was supposed to finish last weekend, but for a couple of reasons I haven't been able to put a post up. Part of that is that I'm trying to put together a feedback survey for people to complete and wanted to post it at the same time. I need to hurry people along though, so you'll have to watch for that in the near future.

Ok, so we know Castor is through from group Weldyn, in Grade two we're still waiting for:
So Garet vs khorne will determine who goes through to face abhijit in the grade 2 playoff.
I'm a bit annoyed that this, the last game in group Weldyn, hasn't been played yet, but given the hold-up over at group Elensefar you still have some time.

I have PM'ed noob-killer, Gnork, Danniel_BR and Bast over the grade 2 final for group Elensefar. Hopefully we can reduce the number of games necessary to determine an opponent for group Weldyn. I'll post the decision here when it is made.

Dreadnough and Kira are still encouraged to finish the rest of their games if they can.

I've also PM'ed Duthlet about setting a time for our game, my fault for not being around much the last week.

Please check your PMs people!

PS. I also remembered this from Rigor on page 3:
too bad theres something as non-khalifate. imagine those guys get into the finals, then it means no khalifate for longer...so beat yourself bloody on the other competitors!
A real Cassandra :P .
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

Im good at that, arent I? :lol2:

i was wondering already at which bus stop you were left at. do you even have a chance to win? :mrgreen:

to illustrate who is really behind, check out this little snapshot.

btw, isnt there a possibility to play those games in a certain competitive environment (and do some bug reporting on the way there)? :eng:
Kira1

Post by Kira1 »

Kira1 vs Danniel_br on hamlets (drakes vs khalifate) ; an amazing match (i killed his leader on the 48th turn only )
GG :)
Attachments
2p_-_Hamlets-Sauvegarde_automatique48.gz
(49.39 KiB) Downloaded 639 times
The Black Sword

I remember seeing the start of that, the end is even better, so cool to see a Blademaster dominating a game that is still a contest.
I'd like to report the finale and the winner on http://www.reddit.com/r/wesnoth/ - if you don't object.

Is there already a date for the final match?
I missed this before. That'd be great. You'll be able to see here when the other finalists decided and hopefully they'll post the game times beforehand.
The Black Sword

TBS vs Duthlet should take place tomorrow at 2000GMT.

I also completed the survey, attached to this post. It might be better to PM the response to me rather than spamming this thread. I'd really appreciate if the players could complete as much of it as they can. Any non-TAF player with thoughts on the matters is welcomed also. If anyone else wants to see some of the results then let me know, though I will almost certainly post a summary eventually.
Attachments
The Alternate Frontier Feedback survey.rtf
(59.11 KiB) Downloaded 551 times
Dreadnough

Post by Dreadnough »

Kira1 vs Dreadnough continues now.

And just before I had to go the game ended with a cheap leaderkill.

Winner:
Spoiler:
Attachments
TAF_Kira1_Khalifate_Dreadnough_Knalgan.gz
(52.18 KiB) Downloaded 634 times
The Black Sword

It's now tomorrow and past 2000GMT, so you might be wondering what happened in the playoff between
Duthlet's Drake Adventurer and The Black Sword's Undead Warlock on Astral Port.
Spoiler:
In other news, I had screwed up my tournament table. I talked to Garet today and it appears he and khorne have already played, with him the victor. And sure enough, when I look through the replays on the first page, there it is.

That means the Garet is 2nd in Group Weldyn, tied with khorne on 4 but through as he won the game between them. He will face abhijit, in 1st on 5, in the Grade 2 Weldyn playoff.

That makes sorting out the situation in group Elensefar all the more important. I still need Bast to reply to the PM here.
Attachments
2p_-_Astral_Port_replay.gz
(20.77 KiB) Downloaded 621 times
The Black Sword

Bast appears to have gone MIA again, so he's being ruled out with regard to the Grade 2 play-offs. I talked to Danniel on the server and he said that he would play anyone he sees on the server but if not, to count the rest of his games as walkovers against him. So I'll leave him out also. That then leaves noob-killer and Gnork to compete in the Elensefar play-off. Given that Gnork won their first game, I'll count him as coming in first. So, the playoffs are:

Castoridae(1st) vs Mint --> winner Castoridae
vs
The Black Sword(1st) vs Duthlet --> winner The Black Sword

abhijit(1st) vs GaretJax
vs
Gnork(1st) vs noob-killer

Please PM your opponents to set times for your games and cc me on these. Also post game times here in advance.
Good luck!
abhijit

Post by abhijit »

abhijit vs GaretJax is finished.

Definitely I did not deserve to win this game with the bad play...
Spoiler:
Attachments
2p_-_Tombs_Of_Kesorak_replay.gz
(16.01 KiB) Downloaded 673 times
Winner of The Alternate Frontier
The Black Sword

Castoridae and I played games 1 and 2 today. Sorry for not letting people know here, but we weren't sure we'd get to play today.

You might remember this from the rules:
The games for the finals will be pre-picked by me, or if I am a finalist, I will entrust the task to someone else.
So I had asked Wintermute to pick the maps for me. I only got the picks yesterday or I would have announced here. Anyway, we played Sulla's Ruins, followed by Sablestone Delta and Silverhead Crossing as the possible third map.

These maps are also to be used in the Grade 2 final.

Game 1:
Spoiler:
Game 2:
Spoiler:
Now, I'm off to annoy Gnork and noob-killer.
Attachments
2p_—_Sablestone_Delta_replay.gz
(21.29 KiB) Downloaded 646 times
2p_—_Sulla’s_Ruins_replay.gz
(13.65 KiB) Downloaded 621 times
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

honestly, a game in the finals could not be much more uninteresting :lol2: but interesting chat. im already waiting for the final conclusions and i bet a few others are too!