[Complete] Announcement : 1. Isar's Cross Monthly Tournament Rated

Moderator: Forum Moderators

buddh

[Complete] Announcement : 1. Isar's Cross Monthly Tournament Rated

Post by buddh »

Hi,

I hereby announce the first Isar's Cross tournament that is to be followed up by a series of monthly tournaments in case
it works out:

These are the conditions:

1. The Tournament will consist of 7 rounds of 1v1 matches and be evaluated to the FIDE Elo System (Teams can also be registered as such and count as a single player)
1a. The Time Bank is 20 mins + 10 secs/piece moved per side for the whole game.

2. The Tournament will take place at 3 pm CET / 4 pm MSK / 2pm BST / 9 am EDT on Sunday, June 5th

3. You should submit your registration until Saturday 4th 12 pm CET via pm or reply, late registration is possible but we should be ten players or more by then.

4. Please show up until half an hour before the tournament starts or you will be unregistered, so we can do the pairings for the first Round at a quarter to.

The following rules will be in Effect:

- Modifications:
- Plan Your Advancement
- Default sides
- Random Factions

a) Timer Settings / Points:
- Each player gets 20 min and an increment of ten seconds per piece moved per faction for the whole game.
- Each win will gain the player 1 point.
- The standard display speed will be 4x.

b) Rounds:
There will be 7 rounds depending on the number of registrations:
i) with 8 or less players we play a Round Robin
ii) with 9 or more players we play a Swiss.
iii) Colors: P1 and P4 are considered White, P2 and P3 Black
iv) After completion of each round there will be a short break,
after each round there will be a short break 1. (5) 2.(10) 3.(5) 4.(30) 5. (5) 6.(10) 7. (none)
v) The seeds will be randomized and announced immediately before start

d) Mulligans:
Each player gets 2 mulligans for the tournament. That is before the game starts White announces mulligan or doesnt,
if White doesnt Black may announce (but still before his turn). If a player announced a mulligan the game will be restarted with new factions
drawn randomly (ofc).

e) Disconnections:
If a disconnect occurs the player pending will have to wait for five minutes and then contact me in order to claim Victory.

f) Code of Conduct:
- Insulting/Flaming will result in a yellow card. Three yellow cards will = a disqualification. For too harsh insults a red card
can be given by the organizers (I wont decide things on my own).
Cheating will result in instant disqualification.
Disqualified players will be rated as if they played on the tournament losing each round against the standard rated player.

g) Rating System

The Player rating will be evaluated after the tournament according to FIDE Standards.

h) Announcement

The Standings of the tournaments will be announced in an own topic in the multiplayer forum (link follows).

i) Registration list:

List of registered players (as of May, 25th, 2016):
buddh (f22)
Wan
Drakeman
Maxloud-
Abdou
linark
Last edited by buddh on May 25th, 2016, 9:24 pm, edited 11 times in total.
enclave

Re: Announcement : 1. Isar's Cross Monthly Tournament Rated

Post by enclave »

according to what I see.. did I get it right? you need to be online whole day on the day of tournament? Do you believe anyone can do that? maybe.. or maybe the people who applied to play just didn't read your post here..
buddh

Post by buddh »

got to be online from 4 pm to end of tournament which is planne to happen latest at 12 pm. It's normal for a chess tournament, isnt it ?
enclave

Post by enclave »

yeah I hope it will work out fine ;) good luck!