Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

highquality

Re: Strange Legacy - 1.12 RPG World - finished

Post by highquality »

Ok.Thanks mate, I will update and check if it works.
highquality

Post by highquality »

It works perfectly.Back to the grind.If I see any bugs, you will be first to know.Thanks for fixing it, this add-on is extremely addictive.
highquality

Post by highquality »

You fixed the naga issue perfectly!Thanks mate.But... I wanted to grind some money to upgrade my ship to kill naga's, and when I went back to the mainland this shoved up...
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-01-09-23-41-57.png
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Found the problem. The Saree is a khalifate unit. I used to embed the khalifate units into the addon, but changed it as it became part of the game in version 1.12.
So you are using 1.10 i suppose. I uploaded a patch 1.15.52 that contains the khalifate units again. I've tested and loaded the mainland in this version so it should work.
Attachments
Something for the eyes
Something for the eyes
11552_SL_Patch.png (208.16 KiB) Viewed 4531 times
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
highquality

Post by highquality »

Ok, thanks mate.I will try it out tonight.
highquality

Post by highquality »

Works perfectly.Thanks.
Kente

Post by Kente »

i have played this campaign some months ago, but after my laptop crashed, i had to buy a new one and i took a wesbreak. Only recently i reinstalled Wesnoth and i start to play again Strange Legacy (i'm stil at very beginning though)
First of all, i like the update and how something has changed. Anyway i found a couple of weird behaviour (i didn't read all the 48 pages of the threads, so maybe something was said about it), i'm playing the last version, difficult Challenge (Challenging):

1) When you start you have to choose your class and then 2 challenge, but it is given the choice to choose the same challenge 2 times (i.e. if you choose Pacifist the first, then second time you can choose again Pacifist). Anyway, the second time there is a new possible challenge Anti-Consumebalist (in the first choice there isn't). I suppose or the player should choose only challenge, or the second time the first choice should be removed.

2) If you choose the mission "Interested in delivery Boxes from us?" from the Traders Guild and then abort it, the goods will remains in your cargo under the name Goods. Took me a while to understand what Goods were. I'm not sure if this should happen (for me it's more logical, if you abort the mission, you automatically lose the Goods), if it should, i suggest to rename Goods in Boxes, so a new player can figure out what is occupying its cargo.

3) This could be a minor, but somewhat breaking issue. If you choose Pacifist, you can't use any weapons. But if you are caught in an Ambush with a broken cart occupying the "exit", you can kill all the ambusher with the magic attack, but you could finish your mana before "killing" the broken cart and free the exit (specially at the beginning, where a player maybe doesn't have mana replenishment item). If this happens, there is no way to continue the game and you are stuck in the ambush scenario. There are 2 possible solution: when you kill all the units (aside the cart), the cart will automatically disappear, or give a turn limit (possibly very high, something like 40 or 50), the player will lose the ambush but he can still come back to the game.

I have one question: what is the difficult level RPG?

Anyway, i really like this campaign and i admire your effort to do such huge work

edit: i added 2 screenshots for the point 1)

the screen choice for the first challenge is
first_challenge.png
the screen choice for the second challenge is
second_challenge.png
Last edited by Kente on January 14th, 2017, 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
highquality

Post by highquality »

I wanted to buy a trading permission to north, so I started getting my fame up by doing bandit camps.I don't remember if this was a small or medium camp (I took the mission a while ago, but started doing story quests), but it didnt award me any gold.Screenshot below.Also, when I killed 6 out of 6 bandits, an extra goblin showed up.I had this issue before too.If I kill it, it shows 7 out of 6 bandits killed.This is nothing game breaking, but for bounty hunter characters this might be irritating.Besides this everything is working perfectly and there are no other bugs.
Attachments
7 of 6 bandits killed.
7 of 6 bandits killed.
Extra goblin.Also, I have been awarded with 0 gold pieces.
Extra goblin.Also, I have been awarded with 0 gold pieces.
Invalid WML found.
Invalid WML found.
highquality

Post by highquality »

Also, the bandit camp isn't disappearing from the map if I kill 7 out of 6 enemies (the extra monster).I think its because of when I kill the 7th monster, it will show "Flee" instead of "Leave" in the exit.So either I have to leave before the 7th monster suicides on me or I have to abort the mission to get the bugged bandit camp off of my map.This happens occasionally, once in about 3-5 camps to me.I just abort the mission and take a new one and it works just fine (except the bug that now there's no gold award).
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-01-14-15-26-13.png
Xargon

Post by Xargon »

I tried converting units to my side, but it just doesn't work. I am using the ranged weapon charm which has the becharm special. My charisma is not the greatest, but the description says I have a 11+1% chance to convert any target. Now I have significantly over 50 successful hits which failed to convert. The probability of 50 successive fails at 88% for failing is 0.16%, so I am lead to believe that something here is not working as advertised. Are there some hidden parameters or something else to consider that is not in the description?
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

I recently overworked the banditcamp (made them simpler and reduced code). There is also no "speaker" of the mission as far as I saw.
I will look into it. Usually it should work to take out more bandits. That used to work in the older version. Thanks for reporting.
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Okay didn't saw the posts by Kente and Xargon so I will answer them in this post:

@Kente

Thanks for the reports Kente - ok, I will have to check the things considering the high difficulty. You however should start with easy difficulty. The higher difficulties are challenges for experienced users who like a challenge. Pacifist is such as thing - with experience you know that you have to kill the cart first to allow you to flee. You can use traps as a pacifist or use mercs. That's your only chance.

The RPG Mode is one of the coolest things I made so far. You can select a race and a class as in other RPGs (such as Elderscrolls or Baldurs Gate). So you can decide to play as a naga, troll, orc and pick a class such as ranger, pirate or bandit. The best thing, is that you will get unique abilities and a new avatar changes (so a naga player will look like a naga and receives all abilities of a naga). Also the player receives hate by several race, which might attack.

@Xargon

This used to work and as I successful tested it (in BfW 1.10) and never changed the code I had no reason to check this again. So I will look into this.
Maybe the convince spell would be more like it.
highquality

Post by highquality »

Hey mate, I was wondering, if at dwarven capital I bought 2 warriors and 2 thunder sticks, do I use warhorn to summon them?Because when destroying orcish superweapon I checked recruit and recall, they both said I have no troops to recruit or no veterans surviving from previous scenarios.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

These are mercs. You recall them once by selecting Heromenu > Merc, than they are spawned on your position. After that you can recall them. I wanted player to discover all possible mercs as some kind of sport and there are plenty of those in the game and there are several ways to unlock even more.

Btw:

- tested banditcamps several times, never encountered that bug and always got the gold. Maybe you aborted a mission?
- the becharm seems to be broken, indeed. I did some tests in BfW 1.12 with betatester and 100 charisma. The attack always failed.
- the first status side is broken - I will need to fix this.
highquality

Post by highquality »

Hmm, were you testing on the same version I was?Next time I encouter that bug (I know I will, it happened to me quite often), I can even try to record the whole thing for you.But besides that everything is working just fine.