For Power (0.6.5.3)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Virius

Re: For Power (0.6.5)

Post by Virius »

if you want I can send you the autosaves of both
Last edited by Virius on December 24th, 2018, 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Virius

Post by Virius »

if you need these are the autosaves of both
Attachments
FP2-More Orcs-Autosave1.gz
(41.78 KiB) Downloaded 451 times
FP2-The Northern Alliance-Autosave1.gz
(34.94 KiB) Downloaded 488 times
James_The_Invisible

Post by James_The_Invisible »

Strange. If I use your saves, she does not appear in More Orcs but if I use mine, she is recalled just fine. I checked both saves but I did not find any clue why she is missing for you.
Virius

Post by Virius »

so what can I do?
James_The_Invisible

As a part of cleaning up my GitHub account, I just moved this add-on's git repository under an organization. The new url of the repository is https://github.com/irdyansages/For_Power.
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

Hey, when will you finish this campaign?
James_The_Invisible

EarthCake wrote: April 17th, 2019, 8:50 pm Hey, when will you finish this campaign?
Hi. To be honest, I no longer actively develop this campaign anymore. I still occasionally do some minor changes/improvements but I do not really work on new scenarios nowadays.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

James_The_Invisible wrote: April 18th, 2019, 4:27 pm
EarthCake wrote: April 17th, 2019, 8:50 pm Hey, when will you finish this campaign?
Hi. To be honest, I no longer actively develop this campaign anymore. I still occasionally do some minor changes/improvements but I do not really work on new scenarios nowadays.
That still won't deter me from liking it enough to finally restart it and play all the existing episodes -this time with Clare as undead instead of the other way. :)
FoxyFox

Post by FoxyFox »

James_The_Invisible wrote: April 18th, 2019, 4:27 pm
Just played the whole campaign and I just wanted to say thank you, it was really great. My first try was a total fail because i chose the golden mage as well and had to start all over again when stuck to escape the prison. I ended up finishing all scenarios including the 4 in the last chapter, with a strong redeem lvl 5 for both of Clare and his paladin lich friend. Again thank you for this campaign, i played wesnoth for more than 10 years and this is my first comment
Greatings from France
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

0.6.4.1:

repelling the orcs: glacyn doesn't recruit?

return to dd: objectives typo (also orcs region)

i forgot where: "such a think"

chapter 4: where are my white mages / mages of light? And my assassin?

back in the city: first dialog line includes double negative

flaming sword description

treasure hunters: i want to huge you

jolla: choosing immune to drain/plague/poison adds blessed instead

besieged: You received gold so you can recruit L2 units, but you can't recruit at all. Won't be able to recruit regularly after this in any scenario.

march east: dialog about how jolla and lemyr illuminate. I haven't added that to lemyr yet, and it's not an option to jolla.

does "better at fencing" do anything?

cave: recruit sperman
James_The_Invisible

white_haired_uncle wrote: December 15th, 2019, 2:51 am0.6.4.1:
That is quite an old version. The latest one (0.6.5) was released in May 2018. You should definitely try it out. Even if it probably does not fix any of the below mentioned issues, there are still some improvements. Well, unless you are still on Wesnoth 1.12. This version is only for 1.14.
repelling the orcs: glacyn doesn't recruit?
He should be able to recruit and recall units. Does he have enough gold?
return to dd: objectives typo (also orcs region) ... flaming sword description
Sorry, I cannot see what is wrong here. Can you be more specific?
chapter 4: where are my white mages / mages of light? And my assassin?
All units you recruited in Chapter 1 are removed automatically from your game at start of Chapter 4 because
Epilogue of Chapter 3 wrote:Alas during that time most of her soldiers became too old and unable to fight.
white_haired_uncle wrote:back in the city: first dialog line includes double negative ... treasure hunters: i want to huge you ... cave: recruit sperman
Fixed on GitHub. I will release it as soon as possible.
i forgot where: "such a think"
Fixed, it was in Escape from Prison in Chapter 2.
jolla: choosing immune to drain/plague/poison adds blessed instead
I cannot reproduce this. She starts with the blessed trait and gains the immunity with this amla for me.
besieged: You received gold so you can recruit L2 units, but you can't recruit at all. Won't be able to recruit regularly after this in any scenario.
That is a known issue, I even have an open issue for it on GitHub. Sadly, I have made no progress yet.
march east: dialog about how jolla and lemyr illuminate. I haven't added that to lemyr yet, and it's not an option to jolla.
She can learn that ability but you have to take some other amlas before that.
does "better at fencing" do anything?
It makes one harder to hit on all terrains.
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

I installed 1.12 to play some old campaigns. After playing it a bit, it's really hard to go back to 1.14 due to the latency problems. I can't imagine that scenario with 375 turns on 1.14.

Glacyn definitely had gold. The scenario was Flight, if it matters.

"Reach eastern edge of the map" + {NO_EARLY_FINISH_BONUS_NOTE} -> Need a line break in there, it looks something like "Reach eastern edge of the mapNo early finish bonus"

Looking again, I think flaming sword might be okay, if not a bit awkward ("caused damage"). Just "damage" would be better, unless it's trying to say "damage on offense"?

I saw the note about units getting old, but it was confusing because like 95% of my recall list was still there, I was only missing a few key units. It seemed like certain unit types were lost. I wish I would have had a warning that they were getting older in time to level some new units to replace them.

I didn't level Jolla up that much. There was a point, around chapter 4 IIRC, where the enemies start coming in large groups of higher level units, to the point where any unit w/o lots of HP is toast if you don't protect it and so she could only pick up a kill or so at the end of a scenario. Anyway, the dialog shouldn't mention the illumination for units that don't have it, IMO.
James_The_Invisible

white_haired_uncle wrote: December 15th, 2019, 8:05 pm I saw the note about units getting old, but it was confusing because like 95% of my recall list was still there, I was only missing a few key units. It seemed like certain unit types were lost. I wish I would have had a warning that they were getting older in time to level some new units to replace them.
I took a closer look on the relevant code and realised what might be going on. If none of your units is marked as from Chapter 1, you lose all your level 3 units. It was meant as a fallback for saves from times when that information was not recorded but it should be probably removed finally.
About an earlier warning, it is a good idea. I will look into it when I have time.
Just "damage" would be better
Alright, removed "caused".
"Reach eastern edge of the map" + {NO_EARLY_FINISH_BONUS_NOTE} -> Need a line break in there, it looks something like "Reach eastern edge of the mapNo early finish bonus"
Changed it to "Reach eastern edge of the map (no early finish bonus)" just like for early finish bonus.
Anyway, the dialog shouldn't mention the illumination for units that don't have it, IMO.
You are right. I did not think about that possibility when writing that scenario. I will either have to change the dialogue or give Jolla and/or Lemyr the ability for this scenario.
James_The_Invisible

Re: For Power (0.6.5.1)

New version is out. Most of the changes are behind the scenes but some of them or more or less visible.

As usually, some dialogues were improved. Description of the blessed trait (for Jolla) now mentions resistance bonuses and has some additional lore in help. Glacyn's title/position in first chapter was changed to headman.

One serious bug in The Path of Revenge was also fixed. Clare as Gold Mage now progresses correctly.

But the option to instruct your allies' leader in Avenger had to removed as ai controller related functionality is deprecated in Wesnoth 1.15 and will be removed at some point.

And that is all important in this version.
Noordfrees

Re: For Power (0.6.5.1)

Post by Noordfrees »

Hello!
First, thank you for this great campaign which I enjoyed very much so far.
The reason why I write here is that I'm stuck in For Power V (The big crusade) Level 3 (Besieged) (using version 0.6.5.1 in Wesnoth 1.14). There are two issues here. First, I cannot recruit anything after moving into the keep, only recall. I looked into the scenario file and found that the recruitment "Spearman" is misspelled as "Sperman" in two places. After correcting this I am able to recruit units.
The second issue is that the event that an enemy unit enters the city means instant defeat. But I start very far away from the enemy units so I am unable to fight them for several rounds. Currently it always happens to me that an enemy Shadow slithers past the allied soldiers into the city and the game is over, which is frustrating because there is no way how I could possibly prevent this except pure luck. Or is there? Restarting several times from round 1 also didn't help. A hint how to proceed with the mission would be appreciated :)