Campaign: Only Death Behind ~v1.0.3~

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

NoQ

Campaign: Only Death Behind ~v1.0.3~

Post by NoQ »

Should work on 1.11 and 1.10 (though the latter may miss some portraits during dialogues). An undead campaign and a sequel to a previous campaign by me, called "The Flight of Drakes" (though i guess it's all right to play this as a standalone campaign). Much like the previous one, this campaign is relatively short and simple (7 battles and 1 interlude), yet more plot-oriented (a bit more talk and a bit less action then usual).
Three ghosts have escaped from the land of the dead. Yet they don't remember anything about their past.
  • All levels are complete, as well as the plot itself. The campaign should now be playable to the end.
    I'm expecting myself to produce the third campaign in the series, sort of a trilogy.
    Will be glad to listen to different sorts of balance suggestions, as it suddenly turned out to be harder this time, not sure why.
Last edited by NoQ on March 2nd, 2015, 5:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Flight of Drakes, Only Death Behind, ??? (not yet sure how the third part will be called).
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Campaign: Only Death Behind ~v1.0.0~

Post by Paulomat4 »

good and interesting campaign.
The dialogue's were really nice.
It took me a while to understand that the different leaders could recruit different units.
About the roadmap:
I would try to create the roadmap with bits of the 1.11 roadmaps. the old ones won't be used in 1.12
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
NoQ

Post by NoQ »

That was fast :augh: i hoped the campaign would be harder :D
Yeah, i re-used the old tracking map from FoD, which was created before the new amazing maps appeared in the 1.11 branch :oops:
It took me a while to understand that the different leaders could recruit different units.
I see, thanks, i'll add a hint at the start of the second level.
The Flight of Drakes, Only Death Behind, ??? (not yet sure how the third part will be called).
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

yeah, i was bored and looked through the forum. played on easy, but don't expect a scenario to last half an hour, if your only goal is to kill some white mage.
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Congratulations.
A nice short campaign.
I really enjoyed to play through it.
Great first scenario, brilliant idea.
The rest of the campaign is great too.
Thank you.

EDIT:
I miss the golden laurel wreath around your campaign's icon (campaign selection screen), it should be there because I have finished your campaign.
I guess the reason for that is that you have set no 'id= ' in your campaigns _main.cfg
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
NoQ

Post by NoQ »

I miss the golden laurel wreath around your campaign's icon (campaign selection screen), it should be there because I have finished your campaign.
I guess the reason for that is that you have set no 'id= ' in your campaigns _main.cfg
:doh:
Never noticed. Will try to fix soon!
jeffgreen

Post by jeffgreen »

undead-2.cfg line 240 "This provides a significant buff to their power." should be "buffer to their power."
NoQ

Post by NoQ »

Hmm :hmm: Buffer? I wonder what would that mean :oops: i meant something as in "buff or nerf", but, on second thought, it is quite an anachronism :lol2: Rephrased this in a different way.

Anyway, updated to v1.0.1 on the server; also included fixes proposed by Paulomat4 and fixed the id=, thanks Adamant14 again (:
Remaking the world map seems hard. I'll try to read through this and see if it helps me.
WanderingHero

Re: Campaign: Only Death Behind ~v1.0.1~

Post by WanderingHero »

Played on 11.1 first scenario is fun but some irratating bugs. Plague ability randomly doesnt work when you make a kill (for some reason it works on peasents not always archers). The ai is always very odd, barely taking notice of you until you kill them even if you wound and kill villagers. And how are we supposed to know you can get a free ghoul by driving into the swamp?
NoQ

Post by NoQ »

Plague ability randomly doesnt work when you make a kill (for some reason it works on peasents not always archers).
It works whenever the enemy is not in a village. I did not use any custom abilities, it works just like the plague ability in the base game.
The ai is always very odd, barely taking notice of you until you kill them even if you wound and kill villagers.
It turns on whenever you kill a villager or an enemy leader stumbles on you. Before that you have time to conspire a surprise attack. Looks natural for a story flow for me.
And how are we supposed to know you can get a free ghoul by driving into the swamp?
You are given a hint on turn 2 (or whenever you discover one of the villages yourself):
> My master, I'm seeing three abandoned buildings at the east that might be of interest.
Neuromancer

Post by Neuromancer »

Maps are beautiful. Scenario design is quite nice too, but at the expense of the story. I was playing normal and from second scenario on I didnt have any issues with money.
NoQ

Post by NoQ »

I'm trying to make the "hard" barely playable and never care about the rest. That's because i myself always play everything on hard so that i didn't have to re-play on hard later ^_^
Being surprised enough to see many people playing on easy and medium, i think i need to rebalance things further :augh:
lynx

Post by lynx »

Man this was nice! Very interesting gameplay variation and finally some experimentation also with the undead. Good work! :D
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Very nice campaign... enjoyed both Flight of Drakes and this one. Very cryptic hints but I like it.

Just spotted a bug in the last scenario. The mermen should recruit "Mermaid Initiate", not Merman Initiate. This causes a WML error and has a small effect on gameplay.
A witty saying proves nothing.
-Voltaire
NoQ

Post by NoQ »

Yay funny typo :lol:
Thanks, will fix when i get to my desktop.