Carved in Stone 0.8.0 [SP Dwarven Campaign for 1.13]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Whiskeyjack

Re: Carved in Stone 0.8.0 [SP Dwarven Campaign for 1.13]

Post by Whiskeyjack »

Here is my replay of the scenario, perhaps it helps to give you some ideas!?

To beat this scenario you certainly need to abuse some hero advancements as well as the bear riders knockback ability (to avoid getting bogged down), I don't think this is manageable otherwise. Even given that, I think it took me a couple of tries to finish this, although with less save scumming than I expected - besides the "restart turn" option I only save-loaded in turn 17. The scenario is probably beatable without it, but I'm kinda obsessive over not losing (loyal or experienced) units and finishing side objectives :D

Can't really give more specific tips, it's been over a year since I played this.

Edit: also, notice the flaming sword on the wolf, lol :lol:
Attachments
CiS-Lands of Fire and Ice replay.gz
(43.75 KiB) Downloaded 424 times
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
egallager

Re: Carved in Stone 1.4.0 [SP Dwarven Campaign for 1.13]

Post by egallager »

Hi, are there any plans to add multiple difficulties to the campaign? I like to make edits to campaigns as I play thru them, but I also like to keep my edits contained to whatever the easiest difficulty is, so that I don't ruin parts that are actually supposed to be hard. Since CiS doesn't have multiple difficulties yet, though, I feel kind of reluctant to actually do so here. Changes in this area would be much appreciated! Thanks.
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Re: Carved in Stone 1.5 [SP Dwarven Campaign for 1.15 - Overhaul!]

Post by Kwandulin »

icon.png
icon.png (33.72 KiB) Viewed 1861 times
Carved in Stone - complete Overhaul (1.15)

Description
During the glorious Silver Age of Wesnoth the dwarves led many mining expeditions through the mountains to find rare earths. But one day, they encountered not only rare earths but their very own fate, that lies Carved in Stone in the depths of Irdya."
((Medium difficulty, 8 scenarios))

Features
- medium sized maps with intense battles
- new dwarvish units, both completely new unit lines and expansion of already existing unit lines, like the Bear Rider.
- visit long-forgotten places of ancient dwarvish history.
- use heroes with unique AMLAs and expand your truly heroic group.
- several sidequests, secrets and eastereggs
- use dwarvish miners to build further fortifications or break down cave walls, allowing you to change the battlefield.
- use dwarvish smiths to imbue your weapons and armours with powerful runes.
- visit a place that has never been explored before!

Download
The campaign can now be downloaded via the add-on server that is accessible from Wesnoth 1.15.

You need the newest update of Heroes to play it! Download from the 1.15 servers!
cis.png
egallager

Post by egallager »

So, if this is 1.15 only, does this mean no more updates for the version on the 1.14 server?
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

Yes, I`ll only update this newest version
Scaramush

Post by Scaramush »

are you going to port it to 1.14?
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

Hi, no, this will be 1.15 only
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

S1
Uthains death does not result into defeat.
tr0ll

Re: Carved in Stone 1.5 [SP Dwarven Campaign for 1.15 - Overhaul!]

Post by tr0ll »

Kwandulin wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 5:43 pm Carved in Stone - complete Overhaul (1.15)
This looks awesome, i cant wait to try it! Thanks so much for maintaining and rejuvenating UGC! 8)
ChristTrekker

stuck in the Frost Tunnel

Post by ChristTrekker »

The scenario says I have to get to the highlighted grid point to exit the caves, but there isn't one. I played a second time thinking I had to get back to the beginning point, so I used my knowledge from the first time to avoid most battles and leave time for Uthain to return. Explored all the tiles near there without success.
Fortesque

Carved in Stone in 1.15.14: Unexpected issue ["into the void" scenario]

Post by Fortesque »

Good morning, good evening, and good night for some,

First of all, I wanted to say that I enjoy this campaign very much, I think it is brilliantly done, at least from what I have seen so far. So, I decided to continue my game that I had started in June 2021 in 1.15.14 (the version I started this campaign with): everything was fine until the "into the void" scenario.
At the very beginning of the scenario, we are told to run away: there is an enemy leader who appears with some units.
Pb.JPG
The logic would say that we should basically run away, but that was without counting the additions proposed by the campaign. For indeed, I decided to attack the enemy leader immediately, seeing very clearly that he was within my reach and that my troops were much stronger than him. For exemple, one can unlock with objects (I think of the orb of scenario "The Great Excavation", that I placed on Skjo, the Protector), or with the heroes, some special abilities when you lvl up the unit. Here, I'm referring to the possibility to attack twice, which is very very strong.
Here is the video illustrating of what I assume to be a problem:
CIS -Into the Void scenario.mp4
(5.35 MiB) Downloaded 59 times
  • About the units: we have the enemy leader (picture left) and my hero (picture right):
Pa.JPG
Pa.JPG (43.56 KiB) Viewed 693 times
Pc.JPG
So we can see that it is easy to kill the enemy leader... But I guess it was not intended or expected from the player. So, that's why I shared this.

NB: From what I saw, it is also possible to kill the leader with Skjo, the Protector, because I got an orb in a previous scenario allowing me to attack twice... Plus the possibility to shoot lightnings, which makes the character very strong, and thus allows here to kill easily the leader.
  • Check the two pictures:
P4.JPG
P4.JPG (29.4 KiB) Viewed 693 times
P5.JPG

So, here it is... To avoid this, I recommend to increase the distance between the heroes and the enemy leader so that he becomes untouchable... Or make the enemy leader "immortal" for this scenario only.
With kind regards, good day (or night)
Fortesque: experienced player, more than 10 years in the Wesnoth universe and CO. ; usually in SP, sometimes in MP, and mostly lurking around Discord.