Carved in Stone 0.8.0 [SP Dwarven Campaign for 1.13]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

The_Gnat

Re: Carved in Stone 0.7.0 [SP Dwarven Campaign for 1.12]

Post by The_Gnat »

Kwandulin wrote:
Paulomat4 wrote:regarding the wrong file name the file runic-protection - bottom.png has whitespaces in it, so that might be the cause. :)
That's it! Dumb me and that image wasn't even used, blargh. Anyway, it's up on the 1.13 servers. Thanks!
That is really good to hear! Have you uploaded it to the 1.12 server also? (if not it might be a good idea to change the title of your post ;) )
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Re: Carved in Stone 0.8.0 [SP Dwarven Campaign for 1.13]

Post by Kwandulin »

No, it's only on the 1.13 due to using some of the fancy new stuff. I've changed the title
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

This was great fun so far! No popup errors or bugs anywhere. I played on Easy; it was indeed relatively easy but still possible to lose. Just wanted to enjoy the story and dialogue this time.
I am on the last scenario and can't wait to finish off the big boss with one of the *serker units to hear that maniacal laugh!

In the stderr i see this message repeated hundreds of times after loading the scenario:
error config: Error while loading the map: Illegal tile in map: (Rd^ET2) 'Rd^ET2'
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

Hello Kwandulin. This campaing seems to be really interesting, thought I have encountered few irritating bugs (on wesnoth 1.13.5:
tr0ll here writes about Easy difficulty, I have only one difficulty to choose.
My units lost some special skill in next scenarios- for example Bear rider cant get +1attack (souleater) if I recall him next scenario. Also, Leadership I got from armor aint working, and I cant advance my units on higher lvls (dwarf lord, cant advance on 4th lvl), gryphon can get just 2lvl.
Also I find really weird, that my most often killed hero is that Dwarf guard- I aint even attacking with him, but still, everybode tries to kill him all the time...
The berseker hero- he has ability to attack everyone on one spot from the beginnign, skill to be able to move after killing enemy isnt working neither.
And well I just found out, I can find savefiles in my file of Wesnoth (autosafe on each turn isnt working neither in my version), so there is big possibility, that there is something wrong in my Wesnoth, isnt it ?
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

Mhh, right, these bugs must be the relicts of a possible "rollback" I intended to do (but eventually didn't do). It's due to a {ABILITY_EVENTS} macro missing in every scenario except the second one (too bad I just checked the abilities in the second scenario . . .), so the custom abilities wouldn't have an effect in most scenarios. The Dwarvish Lord not advancing to the Dwarvish Centurion is an oversight, too, and so is the Gryphon Rider advancing to the Gryphon Thunderlord. The leadership bug is due to some changes to the leadership macro within the 1.13.x series. Enemy units preferably attacking the dwarvish guard is due to his rather low damage, I suppose. Also there is just one difficulty, which is easy by default

I've uploaded a fix for that. Thanks for the notes! Everything seems to be fine with your Wesnoth then
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

Yep, it was fun, thanks for being able to play it. Althought it seems to be too easy-and the end came so sudenly, I havent even managed to lvl up all my heroes.
I missed some kind of goddam decimating gradn battle. I was actually hoping, that the Spellkeep will colapse, and I will fight with the ancient troll...
At least in last scenari, enemy could get more gold and recruit just lvl 2 units.
WhereIsBaodur

Post by WhereIsBaodur »

Your campaigns are always great.
I've just finished The March (7 scenario, IIRC), and it's been the funniest of all.
I don't know if it is the way it's intended, but I decided to ran to to rune before recruiting, so I had to held the breach for 6 turns before Aldurdn could get back and start recruiting. But I managed to held the place all the same, then i got healers and back-up. Watching the Tyrserker charge forward, kill 2-3 units per turn and retreat behind the lines has been amazing :)
I managed to kill every troll and bandit before retreating, if just barely. Great fun
Ceres
Forum Regular

Post by Ceres »

Had a good time with this. Some issues that caught my eye though:
Grammar/Prose
02_Orcish_Land.cfg:476 - "it is impossible, that they were roaming these plains for longer" -> remove comma before "that"
03_Old_Friends.cfg:480 - "Foorsooth" -> "Forsooth"
05_Merfolk_Outpost.cfg:551 - "Ercs, trolls, goblins." -> I assume this should be "Orcs"
05_Merfolk_Outpost.cfg:576 - "It is said, that a great tunnel lies beneath." -> remove comma before "that"
05_Merfolk_Outpost.cfg:576 - "It'll lead us the fastest to the north" -> "It's the fastest way to the north" or "It'll lead us (to the) north the fastest"
06_Pathways_of_the_Past.cfg:146 - "fivehundred" -> "five hundred"
06_Pathways_of_the_Past.cfg:161 - "Why did go to him?" -> this is missing a subject
06_Pathways_of_the_Past.cfg:166 - "Undoubtly these are evil doing." -> "Undoubtedly", I think you need a comma after those sentence-initial adverbs as well but I'm not sure if there are exceptions.
06_Pathways_of_the_Past.cfg:171 - "The end of the here and now is not far." -> "The end of the world as we know it is not far", I suppose? "Here and now" refers to the immediate present.
07_The_March.cfg:243 - "A power lies in the depths below Spellkeep; below the surface of the earth." -> that semicolon should be a comma
07_The_March.cfg:243 - "A place, where no light can reach." -> this comma could probably be removed
08_Earths_Maw.cfg:217 - "Trolls are sieging Spellkeep since several weeks" -> "Trolls have been sieging Spellkeep for several weeks"
08_Earths_Maw.cfg:297 - "They damage the pillars of Spellkeep!" -> "They are damaging the pillars of Spellkeep!"
08_Earths_Maw.cfg:453 - "It's also in our's interest." -> "It's also in our interest"
Miscellaenous other things
The ravage weapon special macro says "up to 5 attacks". The ravage special notes macro says "up to 4 attacks". The actual AMLA that gives Grim the Ravage special doesn't use the macro and says "up to 8 attacks".
Some of the weapon specials (Paw Strike, Trample, Soultaker, Teleport Strike, Charm, Pickpocket) list the name of the special on a new line in their description, all other specials don't.
The specials mentioned above have two tabs in front of their description, because you're doing it as a multi-line string so the indentation is actually part of the string.
"Teleport Strike" and "Trample" seem to be the same thing, but the special's name is the only place where "Teleport Strike" is ever mentioned, everywhere else uses "Trample".
Trample/Teleport Strike uses the Paw Strike description?
At the beginning of scenario 7, when the first wave appears and all the heroes get moved to the keep, poor Craignor doesn't get moved with the others.
Bear Riders lose all of their weapon specials when leveling up? I'm not sure if this is an intentional twist to encourage new recruits, or to make Soultaker not absolutely broken, but it's rather confusing.
As mentioned in some previous post, the Tyrserker had the Bloodlust ability from the beginning. No idea why that's happening though.
Looking at the code, apparently the Bloodshed ability heals 20 HP when it gets a kill? The description should probably mention that.
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

Thanks!
Bear Riders lose all of their weapon specials when leveling up? I'm not sure if this is an intentional twist to encourage new recruits, or to make Soultaker not absolutely broken, but it's rather confusing.
Another oversight. The Bear Rider was my test unit. I removed his weapon specials, except the charge one. I also removed the unused abilities.
And Skjol can unlock the "Side by side" ability on max level: he can teleport to allied units then.

Also changed the other things that you've mentioned and uploaded the new version. Thanks again!
Ceres
Forum Regular

Post by Ceres »

Something I forgot mentioning before: your add-on's description still says "12 scenarios, under development", which isn't quite accurate anymore.
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

Right, thanks for the note. Uploaded a fixed version
WhereIsBaodur

Post by WhereIsBaodur »

uh, by the way, there was some kind of error with the backstab ability of the crossbowmen. it kept appearing on top of the screen
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Re: Carved in Stone 1.1 [SP Dwarven Campaign for 1.13]

Post by Kwandulin »

Just a small update that fixes some bugs that popped up since the last BfW update. Also slight hero changes.

v1.1
  • fixed two teleport-related bugs in scenario 4
  • fixed popup error of the crossbowmen
  • removed dwarvish brewer
  • replaced Andurin with Uthain
  • removed Craignor
  • slightly changed hero AMLA and added some further animations / strike gfx
SFault

Post by SFault »

Just played the campaign. Very fun. I really like heroes with advancements to choose from. Bit sad that the campaign is quite short.

I noticed that the leadership armor didn't still work.
segmentation fault
EBfW, GtR, Art, Old art
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

That's great to hear! Yes, the campaign is rather short, but I don't really want to add another scenario.

I still worked on some changes the last few weeks:
  • replaced the mermen outpost with the swamp of the dead that is known from the earlier versions of CiS
  • there are more enemies at The March
  • in the last scenario, Spellkeep is now connected to the rest of the map, so the trolls start attacking Monjamor and the player has to protect him
  • uses the Heroes add-on as a ressource, which improves most of the heroes and implements the same mechanics as in OoA, e.g. being able to pick up only one item, treasure chests, etc. (unfortunately I am having some trouble with uploading the newest version of the Heroes add-on, so items probably won't work well right now; trying to get this fixed).