Afterlife -- survival and race maps

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

vasya
Multiplayer Moderator

Re: Afterlife -- survival and race maps

Post by vasya »

Saratos: I've made a new release to work-around the problem. Specific numbers are calculated for teams now, which should be impossible for other [modification]-s to change. Hopefully that'll fix things. Update to version 1.6.2 (or higher) to get the changes. ;-)
Saratos

Post by Saratos »

Thanks! And you're welcome :)
hay207
Double Style Tourney #1 Champ

Post by hay207 »

Hi vasya, in afterlife race map

there is no percentage above 70%, Is this a bug?

Game just ends
Ports: Velensk's tower defense, dov's deep shrine, Scrolling survival, Scrolling survival Co-op, Temples of the nagas.
Addons: Tower defense maps , some ANL scenarios like: ANL 3p "A New Land" survival type, and ANL Co-operative map for 2p
vasya
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by vasya »

Hi hay207, the map doesn't indeed have markers higher than 70%. This is by design. Moving fast at 70% is very hard already. If you want to make the end-game higher, chose more waves in game settings.

I have some plans to move this setting to game start (instead of configuring before game starts), so it'll *maybe* be more convenient. But no promises on that. By the way, opinions on that welcomed.:)
Verbatov

Post by Verbatov »

Hi :) I play these maps a bit and I noticed an error. After loading the game after saving the units are duplicated.
I like these maps, just a pity there are so few of them. Could you add some maps?
ghype

Post by ghype »

I can confirm this the reloading/doubling error
vasya
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by vasya »

Hey ghype, long time no see. What is the "reloading/doubling error" though? Can you provide a screenshot? Savefile? I'm clueless otherwise. Also, which map is it exactly. I'm only maintaining two of them - the original ones. For others, I might take a look and try understand, but then I'll still have to somehow communicate that to the other author.
ghype

Post by ghype »

Alright, I was not aware that you are not aware of the all the other maps.

I too think I encountered this error only on the new ones, but I cannot be sure.
Basically whenever you save a game and then reload it, it doubles the copies of the next wave.

I guess it has the unit stored from before the save and then stores them another time after the reload.

A simple save file should be enough, i think
Attachments
spyro pvp wotg.gz
(329.45 KiB) Downloaded 269 times
Fluffbeast

Post by Fluffbeast »

I ran into a issue using the latest 1.15 version of Wesnoth when the Dune Falconer appeared. I traced the problem to the copied unit's id field being treated as a numerical value when the "distract" ability is being animated.

I tried changing the line in afterlife_scenario/lua/utils.lua from:
local id = helper.rand("0..1000000000")
to:
local id = "afterlife_" .. helper.rand("0..1000000000")

and it seems to have solved the problem.
Death is not extinguishing the light; it is putting out the lamp, because dawn has come. - Rabindranath Tagore
vasya
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by vasya »

To be honest I have no clue why id would be considered numerical or what does it have to do with "distract" animation. But the change seems non-harmful, and I'm glad you did the research to confirm it fixes the problem. I'll trust you on that and merge.:) (Only I may change the commit-s description to include the text you wrote here in forums.)

Thanks!
HonzaCZ

Post by HonzaCZ »

can we make custom maps like afterlife
vasya
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by vasya »

@HonzaCZ Sure! You can start with copying the already existing add-on and starting local changes. See this wiki for the add-on structure: https://wiki.wesnoth.org/Addonstructure
The "Laterlife" add-on was built like this. You can then see this article https://wiki.wesnoth.org/Create or others on how to upload your add-on.

I won't have much time to support on this, however, so I'd advise to join some online channels to better discuss there. For example Discord: https://discord.com/invite/battleforwesnoth
IceTyp

Post by IceTyp »

As you can see in the picture, 50% copies can have more current HP than maximal HP:
Trapper with 25/24 HP:
In the attached save file, there are many such units. They have for example 18/17, 19/18, 26/25 HP. The only 50% copies in the save file with right HP have 29/29 and 30/30.
I think this issue does only apply to 50% copies.

I am using Wesnoth 1.15.5 on Steam.
Attachments
Afterlife Turn 9.gz
(33.67 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
vasya
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by vasya »

He IceTyp, thanks for the bug report! I think I've fixed the issue in the latest release, check it out ;)
Verbatov

Post by Verbatov »

Please add some new maps :)