Anthalia

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Rodil

Anthalia

Post by Rodil »

Hi, I made a single player campaign called Anthalia.

It works on 1.12, I have done no testing on 1.13.

Here is the description included with the campaign.

"A sandbox campaign. No recruiting. No Text, no talking, no narration.

Legend of the Invincibles dependency, if you don't like LotI item system and AMLAs, you won't like this.

8-33 scenarios, exploration based.

Special Thanks to:Dugi for LotI and the rest of the Wesnoth community for massive amounts of code and art to pick from, if I used something you made and want specific credit, please PM me.

May still be buggy, haven't tested a ton."

Here are some things you won't like about the campaign: no story, land mines and lazy coding!

Here are some things you will like about the campaign: hopefully something.... anything...

As said in the description, I haven't tested a lot, so please report bugs here.

Some suggestions:
- Don't read the code if you like figuring things out on your own, the point of the game is to figure things out by trial and error and finding very hidden things
- Save a lot as some things you can do make the game a lot harder, also there are land mines
- This mod is supposed to be very hard, there isn't much difference between the difficulties because I'm a lazy programmer

note: I'm a bad storyteller so I made a decision to include no text as a sort of experiment. I want the players to come up with personalities and backstories for the characters themselves.

I will post some hints if asked.

Changelog:
Spoiler:
Known bug: if you teleport too many units without moving them out of the way your units can get into strange places. I don't know how to fix this without causing the teleporters to function the way I want them to.

Good luck
Last edited by Rodil on March 19th, 2018, 2:22 am, edited 8 times in total.
ForestDragon

Re: Anthalia

Post by ForestDragon »

bugreport: the campaign doesn't load due to the world.map being "missing" according to the error message
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Rodil

Post by Rodil »

which version of Wesnoth are you running? I haven't done any testing in 1.13, only 1.12.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Rodil wrote: March 9th, 2018, 7:30 am which version of Wesnoth are you running? I haven't done any testing in 1.13, only 1.12.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
Rodil

Post by Rodil »

Does any error come up before that? It works fine on my computer and I just tried it on a second computer downloading from the server and that also worked... All on Wesnoth 1.12.6.... Anybody else have any ideas what might have gone wrong?
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Rodil wrote: March 9th, 2018, 7:52 am Does any error come up before that? It works fine on my computer and I just tried it on a second computer downloading from the server and that also worked... All on Wesnoth 1.12.6.... Anybody else have any ideas what might have gone wrong?
Hmm... I don't know...
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

ForestDragon wrote: March 9th, 2018, 7:18 am bugreport: the campaign doesn't load due to the world.map being "missing" according to the error message
Are you on a linux machine? Then it is a 'case' issue. In world.cfg the following path is specified for loading map : map_data="{~add-ons/anthalia/maps/world.map}". But the name of the directory is actually capitalised that is it is 'Anthalia'. So changing add-ons/anthalia/maps/... to add-ons/Anthalia/maps/... will fix the issue - it did for me.

Linux machines differentiate between cases whereas other platforms doesn't I suppose (I haven't used OS or windows much). That is perhaps why it is 'no-bug' for Rodil.
Rodil

Post by Rodil »

Thanks for pointing this out, fixed for version 1.0.3
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

sreesreearul wrote: March 10th, 2018, 7:35 am Are you on a linux machine? Then it is a 'case' issue. In world.cfg the following path is specified for loading map : map_data="{~add-ons/anthalia/maps/world.map}". But the name of the directory is actually capitalised that is it is 'Anthalia'. So changing add-ons/anthalia/maps/... to add-ons/Anthalia/maps/... will fix the issue - it did for me.

Linux machines differentiate between cases whereas other platforms doesn't I suppose (I haven't used OS or windows much). That is perhaps why it is 'no-bug' for Rodil.
Thanks, will do!
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Started playing the campaign, and I think the campaign's start might be too difficult (a single lvl0 leader placed in the middle of about a dozen rivaling lvl0 units). maybe give the players some crafting materials at the start, or scatter a few weak items on the map? (since the campaign is oriented around the LotI item system)
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

A suggestion: perhaps you can make use of the movement system used in other campaigns (like Genesis) while in explore mode. The movement points resets after every movement unless you come across an enemy or event. Then one will not have to play like 10 turns in vain to move from one end to another. Also I went around the windmill map with the goblin rouser (from dead tree) and Helen but nor did any event trigger neither did any enemy appear. The whole map remained blank for about 20 turns or so.
Last edited by sreesreearul on March 10th, 2018, 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rodil

Post by Rodil »

@sreesreearul: The reason I kept the movement as is is because the time of day continues from world map to scenario maps and I liked the continue movement that all the other move systems seem to lose when going to unlimited movement. I think just hitting control space after clicking a far away location is easier than having to continuously click where you want to go... Would be willing to change it if it keeps my time keeping and enough people want it.
Spoiler:
@Forestdragon: I'll add a couple items on the first level on easy difficulty, the mod is supposed to be very hard and rarely is the goal to defeat the enemies.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

It would be nice if you mentioned in the first scenario that it can be left by moving to its edge (I know you were aiming for a text-less campaign, but it would be a good idea to give players some idea of what they should be doing)
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

ForestDragon wrote: March 10th, 2018, 7:55 am Started playing the campaign, and I think the campaign's start might be too difficult (a single lvl0 leader placed in the middle of about a dozen rivaling lvl0 units). maybe give the players some crafting materials at the start, or scatter a few weak items on the map? (since the campaign is oriented around the LotI item system)
I farmed XP by altering between teleporting platform and world map. I think the idea seems to be that, use the scenarios close to teleportation platform to gain in XP and craft items. It wasn't very difficult to figure out where other scenarios are though, almost all slightly odd looking tiles triggers a scenario :P and most of them (out side small region around teleportation platform) are impossible even with lvl 1 or lvl 2 units.

The campaign looks interesting.
Spoiler:
Rodil

Post by Rodil »

@Greendragon:
I did have that in at the start, but it got cut when I went textless, figured I would post it here if people were having problems.

I did update to add a couple items based on your chosen difficulty in the first level and also renamed the difficulties.

Version 1.0.4 is up and you should be able to just go back in and get the items if you already left in your old save.

@sreesreearul: glad it is catching your interest a bit, you have the right idea and are doing the right things. If you want any hints let me know.