Anthalia

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

white_haired_uncle

Re: Anthalia

Post by white_haired_uncle »

I'm wondering if there is a problem with Anthalia 1.14.1 (BFW 1.14.7). Other than a short-lived ruffian in Tele Plat, I am all alone. I remember some of these scenarios, and I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to have a decent cadre of allies by now. Also, just nothing happens in Windmill.
Attachments
Ant-World Map-Auto-Save4.gz
(198.73 KiB) Downloaded 360 times
Rodil

Post by Rodil »

It looks like that save is working fine
The campaign is ridiculously difficult to figure out without looking at the code since I didn't give any text for clues. I've considered making a new version with clues on where to find things but have still been spending most of my time on other various projects, all of which so far have dead ended.
Spoiler:
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Hi,

Anthalia requires LotI to load but doesn't list it as a dependency in _info.cfg.
Once I included LotI, I got this error:

Code: Select all

20200107 07:15:01 error config: Macro/file 'RANDOM_ITEM' is missing
at ~add-ons/Anthalia/utils/antutils.cfg:181
    included from ~add-ons/Anthalia/_main.cfg:45
    included from ~add-ons/Anthalia/scenarios/cavedwelling.cfg:112
    included from ~add-ons/Anthalia/_main.cfg:53
20200107 07:15:11 error general: Failed to load the scenario
This was on wesnoth v1.14.5
GuZhongWen

Post by GuZhongWen »

Hi @all...

first of all: thanks @Rodil for creating this campagne, it must have been an incredible amount of work...

Then: Sorry, but this is by far too difficult, especially without any hints. I turned on all glyphs, and now...? Where to go? What to do?
(although I didn't kill the goblin god, even with an extremly high leveled Helen it seems to be impossible)

1. I probably missed half the units one can catch because I have no idea how to activate any of these.
2. I am not able to solve the stone riddle in Yetihome. The Yetis are not a problem, my but it seems to be impossible for me to get the stone in a position to shoot it into the mushrooms... how did you solve it @
3. It is a pitty, but I am giving up. I am not able to code, so I can't check the logfiles for hints and playing for hours without any progress (except of some level ups) is only frustrating and no fun (I feel like if I am playing on I might turn into Jack Torrance ;) :lol: :D :doh:
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

vghetto wrote: January 7th, 2020, 7:26 am Hi,
Well this is interesting...
Apparently I've downloaded and tried this mod in the past.
Rodil wrote: July 21st, 2019, 6:16 am Hey, I'm still active and have an updated version of the campaign for 1.14 with a bunch of bug fixes as well. This time I actually beat the campaign and got most of the units. I just uploaded it, most of the bug fixes should be backwards compatible to 1.12 if you just cut and paste the scenario files that are buggy. Let me know if anything is still not working.
Rodil, Are you still active?
I'm porting Anthalia 1.12 to 1.14/1.16 as part of my porting project and it seems you already did that at some point but have since deleted the 1.14 version.

Anyway, I managed to get the 1.12 version run and work on 1.14. It didn't need much work to make it compatible with the 1.14 version of Legend_of_the_Invincibles.

Could you please update us on the status of Anthalia?
Thanks.

If anyone has a copy of the 1.14 version of Anthalia, please send it my way. Thank you!

Edit: ported and uploaded to 1.14 and 1.16. Big thanks to the person that sent me the 1.14 copy.
grubleafeater

Post by grubleafeater »

So, uh. I picked it up recently and it wasn't until AFTER a whole bunch of playing that I realized: It's broken.

Specifically, Anthalia does not include the level 4 advancements, nor the AMLA, for anything but the Mermaid Priestess, despite the description making it clear that AMLA is intended to be a part of the experience. Incidentally, this explains why it's so frickin' impossible to fight things like Bob.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

In 1.16 LotI changed a bit, and to enable amlas you need to include one extra file, I think the guy who ported it to 1.16 didn't notice that
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
grubleafeater

Post by grubleafeater »

Well it'd be nice if it was either fixed, or a fixed version was released if it can't be uploaded over. :P I was having a fairly fun, if extremely frustrated, time with it.
creepkillerxx

Post by creepkillerxx »

guess this issue is not fixed? gregory still stucked as a useless mage of light... had to edit the save files to add in the "advances_to="xxxx" for now
creepkillerxx

Post by creepkillerxx »

and not sure if intentional, you can cheese items by
Spoiler: