The Young Khan (1.14 Dunefolk Campaign) NEW SERVER VERSION: Up to Scenario 12 now!

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

CalculusKing

Re: The Young Khan (1.14 Dunefolk Campaign) SCENARIO 7

Post by CalculusKing »

I've got Scenario 7 done. Not ready to update server yet: I am waiting to finish Scen 8 and 9 before that. To play it, you will need to put the two attached utility files in their correct folders as well. This is because a new character is introduced in this scenario.

EDIT:
A few tips on strategy for this very intense mission:
Spoiler:
Attachments
tyk_characters.cfg
(2.26 KiB) Downloaded 401 times
tyk_deaths.cfg
(4.48 KiB) Downloaded 381 times
07_The_Wedding_Joust.map
(9.27 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
07_The_Wedding_Joust.cfg
(14.14 KiB) Downloaded 387 times
Inky
Forum Moderator

Re: The Young Khan (1.14 Dunefolk Campaign) SCENARIO 7

Post by Inky »

Hey, finally got around to replaying up till scenario 4.

Replaying Scenario 1, I think it could use more dialogue to keep things interesting, since there's no combat. Maybe spread out Arakal and Sir Garan's conversation over several turns, or add some banter between them on later turns like how they're looking forward to going home or something.

Scenario 4 was more of a challenge, I ended up hiding in the starting keep for a bit letting the others maul each other :whistle:

Minor bug in how the objectives display: you should get rid of the [show_if] part of things like

Code: Select all

[objective]
                [show_if]
                    [have_unit]
                        id=Sir Garan
                    [/have_unit]
                [/show_if]
                description= _ "Death of Sir Garan"
                condition=lose
            [/objective]
because what happens is at the very beginning when the objectives first pop up you don't have Sir Garan etc. yet so it won't show up. (If you check the objectives afterwards you'll see it though).

EDIT: played scenario 5 too. I ended up with 638 carryover gold, maybe there should be less villages or less turns (I finished in 27 turns).
Also when I started scenario 6 I had the Dwarvish runemaster and lorekeeper in my recall list, I assume they aren't supposed to be there.
Attachments
TYK-Assault on Kal Karrag replay.gz
Scenario 5
(90.5 KiB) Downloaded 421 times
TYK-Valley of Masks replay.gz
Scenario 4
(75.55 KiB) Downloaded 430 times
TYK-Demons and Dirtgrubbers replay.gz
Scenario 3
(27.34 KiB) Downloaded 427 times
TYK-Rescuing The Survivors replay.gz
Scenario 2 (first combat scenario)
(20.86 KiB) Downloaded 412 times
CalculusKing

Re: The Young Khan (1.14 Dunefolk Campaign) I'M STILL ALIVE

Post by CalculusKing »

So I am still alive and this campaign is not abandoned. I can only really work on it during summers, but summer is here again. So I'm re-redoing Scenario 8 (I was over-ambitious in my design for it and I turned it into a more conventional scenario). Scenario 9 is in the works as well.

I am really excited for the re-do of the Dunefolk and I'm eager to play it upon its full release.

Here are the maps for Scenarios 8 and 9.

Edit: Note that the maps are edited versions of the relevant maps from The South Guard, updated for the circumstances of this campaign. This is since these two missions are set in the same locations as two South Guard maps.
Attachments
09_A_False_King.map
(8.82 KiB) Downloaded 321 times
08_Taking_Westin.map
(9.24 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
CalculusKing

Re: The Young Khan (1.14 Dunefolk Campaign) NEW SERVER VERSION: Scenarios 8 and 9 released

Post by CalculusKing »

I have released v0.0.2 of The Young Khan.
Changelog:
-Now has 9 scenarios (8 combat, 1 exposition).
-Gold moderately rebalanced
-More exposition added in Scenario 1
-Slight editing of some dialogues.
CalculusKing

Re: The Young Khan (1.14 Dunefolk Campaign) NEW SERVER VERSION: Scenarios 8 and 9 released

Post by CalculusKing »

Bugfix: v 0.0.3.
Fixed recruiting in Scenarios 8 and 9.
CalculusKing

Re: The Young Khan (1.14 Dunefolk Campaign) NEW SERVER VERSION: up to Scenario 12 now

Post by CalculusKing »

We are now on version 0.0.4. 12 Scenarios total, 10 combat, 2 exposition.

Some minor rebalancing done on earlier campaign.

Feedback on new scenarios and their plot highly desired.
white_haired_uncle

Re: The Young Khan (1.14 Dunefolk Campaign) NEW SERVER VERSION: Up to Scenario 12 now!

Post by white_haired_uncle »

The initial scenario claims early finish bonus (and no gold carryover maybe now that I think of it), but has no turn limit/bonus.

Threads to post replays of The Young Khan scenarios are being created on the UMC Replay Forum
white_haired_uncle

Re: The Young Khan (1.14 Dunefolk Campaign) NEW SERVER VERSION: Up to Scenario 12 now!

Post by white_haired_uncle »

In the attached, attack the shaman with the blademaster at 16.29. I can't see any difference between the first two level up options. Unfortunately, when I first played this, the only difference I could see with the third was it took more XP to level up, otherwise I would have chosen it.

P.S. valley of masks: must to pounce > must pounce

EDIT: wed joust: advice your highness > advise your highness
Attachments
TYK-Tremors in the Deep-Auto-Save43.gz
(91.19 KiB) Downloaded 290 times
bobpanda

Post by bobpanda »

when will the new scenarios come out?
CalculusKing

Not Dead; Just Pining for the Rebalance

Post by CalculusKing »

Just heads up to anyone who played my campaign that it's not abandoned. I should've announced this, but I basically decided to put a halt to development on it until 1.16 because of balancing issues that are going to be resolved by then. I'm going to return to it then. In the meantime, I've cooked up the plot for a short ("The South Guard" length, but no branches) campaign covering the origins of Ibrahim the Wise, and I'm going to start developing it now with a completion date goal of 'before Christmas.'

Since it is short, re-engineering the whole thing in response to balance changes won't be nearly as much of a burden. And it will renew my WML skills so I can get back into The Young Khan with a vengeance this Christmas break.

EDIT: The thread is here https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=53300

Wishing you all good health in this time of pestilence,
-CalculusKing