Summer Camp-aigns

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

egallager

Re: Summer Camp-aigns

Post by egallager »

Landiss wrote: July 1st, 2018, 8:53 am Second scenario:
- oh, so I somehow missed getting mages in the first scenario? Because the hint here tells me to use mages...
I fixed that in my edits to the campaign: https://github.com/cooljeanius/wesnoth_ ... e_Clarinet
Landiss wrote: July 1st, 2018, 8:53 am - again the map visual design was quite interesting, although not as polished as in the first scenario.
- the ending itself was a bit disappointing, I hoped there would be at least some info about clarinet. There was no final words from the enemy or any kind of outro. To be honest, I kind of expected some joke explaining what is the deal with the clarinet.
Agreed with these points.
Landiss wrote: July 1st, 2018, 9:22 am Next up is Hive Mind.

First scenario:
- enemy keep is way too big. The amount of units it spams is slowing down the game a lot. Even with x16 speed it takes ages to finish a turn.
- not much else to say, the scenario feels more like a prolonged, interactive cutscene. Perhaps there should be some more dialogs that would explain what's happening and would allow the player to figure out the solution instead of just stumbling upon it.
Agreed here as well. I mostly just played other games on other devices while waiting for the enemy turns to complete in that one. I didn't bother editing this campaign, though, as I'm not really sure how to "fix" it without just scrapping it and starting over from scratch.
beetlenaut
Developer

Re: Summer Camp-aigns

Post by beetlenaut »

Thanks for taking a look. To be fair, Hive Mind was never really finished. It was started by two students, but then one of them had to bring it to some kind of conclusion by himself with the unfinished maps from his other group member. That was partly my fault, and I was able to get better finished products the second time I taught this class by monitoring more closely.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide