Descent into Darkness revised

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

nemaara
Developer

Re: Descent into Darkness revised

Post by nemaara »

BTIsaac wrote: September 9th, 2019, 4:10 am I only found two of them and i swear i explored the entire map
Spoiler:
Yeah, there's only two puzzles now.
Spoiler:
I removed the other one since people said it didn't seem to fit. :hmm:
mthree

Post by mthree »

By second part of the scenario, do you mean the ones with the skeletons?

I've literally walked on almost every single hexagons and killed all skeletons, but nothing happens.

I'm not sure how to find those riddles ...
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

mthree wrote: September 12th, 2019, 8:45 pm By second part of the scenario, do you mean the ones with the skeletons?
The second part begins once you're transformed. In the first part, you need to fight three waves by killing the boss (ghouls, skeletons, ghosts). You get buffs while standing on the six runes (but as far as i can tell, the one that heals you is the only one you really need). You're then put back in the cave.
Spoiler:
But you need to complete the transformation for that.
mthree

Post by mthree »

Ok, so my issue is I can't go past the area where the skeletons are. Once I get rid of them all, nothing happens. I scoured to whole area, nothing left or nowhere to go, I'm at like turn 60.
josteph
Inactive Developer

Post by josteph »

After the ghouls, it's supposed to progress to the ghosts once you kill a Revenant. Have you done that? Can you post your savefile?
mthree

Post by mthree »

How can I post a savefile? I'm on Android.

So I've killed the ghouls, moved the skeletons area, killed them all, nothing happened...

Sorry for late reply
mthree

Post by mthree »

So good news - I wonder why, I restarted the scenario today and it seemed I went through.

It was have been some bug. Back then no units would move, and I had to explore

This time, they were all coming to me.
oysterdestroyer

Post by oysterdestroyer »

I solved the two riddles in the 'descent into darkness' scenario and they don't seem to do anything. Restarted the scenario and still no effect. Dragon seems very hard to kill without the buffs you're apparently supposed to get :?
Kylix

Post by Kylix »

nemaara wrote: January 7th, 2019, 6:20 am Hi everyone, I'm doing a revision of Descent into Darkness that aims to revise the dialogue and (slightly) the gameplay. You can see the revisions here: https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/projects/3.

There's also a voiceover project for DiD that's being discussed here: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 0&start=45.

Any suggestions and comments are welcome.
I advise you to divide the last scenario in three:
  • Endless Night pt. 1 - Defeat the Foolish Hero
  • Endless Night pt. 2 - Defeat another Foolish Hero
  • Endless Night pt. 3 - Death of Mal Keshar/An enemy takes the book - the map is bigger and the enemies are the four factions who haven't been faced in the previous two
The Foolish Hero must be a Drake Blademaster/Enforcer/Flameheart/Warden/Inferno/Saurian Oracle/Soothsayer for the Drakes; a Dune Blademaster/Cataphract/Firetrooper/Harrier/Ranger/Spearmaster for the Dunefolk; a Highwayman/Dwarvish Lord for the Knalgan Alliance; a Royal Guard for the Loyalists; an Orcish Warlord for the Northeners; an Elvish Marshal for the Rebels. All of them should recruit their faction's canon units from the Age of Heroes.

Then, the artificial intelligence should be revised: in the last scenario the enemy units completely ignore the book and give the priority to the units. I think the ending in the case of the stolen book is bittersweet: Mal Keshar is crushed to death while the Foolish Hero and his minions try in vain to destroy the book, but in fact he's become a free soul who protects the others from the orcs, even if it's not told clearly.