WF - Wild Frontiers [SP Campaign]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

vghetto

Re: WF - Wild Frontiers [SP Campaign]

Post by vghetto »

Great thanks for playing :)

Posting the answers to other questions that came up:
Spoiler:
Violet-n-red

Post by Violet-n-red »

i'd like to say it's better to have this sort of discussions stay on the forums - easier to find the info :)
vorwi

Post by vorwi »

Violet-n-red wrote: January 24th, 2021, 6:50 pm thank you for the reply :)

enjoying the mod very much so far. right now i'm fooling around on Easy, looking forward to trying this mod on higher difficulty once i'll learn how everything works.
I defnitely recommend that. (imo)Game is much more dynamic at higher level. People usually use 'shift' to speed up. I have high speed for default so i use 'shift' to slow down when i see that action occurs at critical place.
Spoiler:
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

In WF 1.11.10, I added the new animal "Horned Scarab".
I think you'll need wesnoth 1.15.9 for it to work.
People playing on wesnoth 1.14 don't need to worry about this.

All new animals feedback, except for Tuskers, should be directed at https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=52894
In WF I'm not using the new mainline tuskers.
Violet-n-red

Post by Violet-n-red »

oh, there's even more recent mod version than current Wesnoth build allows? :O

btw, i'm here because after updating the game to 1.14.15 (from 1.14.14?) and updating the mod, i get more gold from villages from the start on a medium difficulty - 2 coins, compared to 1 gold on easy difficulty, previous game and mod version. and the tutorial still mention income differences of 1 and 2 coins between seasons.

edit: just installed Wesnoth 1.15.9 and the mod, first item i found had broken descirption: Cold Bow - A bow that colds bolts of cold energy

edit2: 2 gold and 2 support per village from the very start on latest mod version available through in-game mod finder.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Violet-n-red wrote: January 27th, 2021, 7:20 pm edit: just installed Wesnoth 1.15.9 and the mod, first item i found had broken descirption: Cold Bow - A bow that colds bolts of cold energy
Haha, that's what happens when you convert a fire item into a cold item. :roll: I'll fix that.
Violet-n-red wrote: January 27th, 2021, 7:20 pm edit2: 2 gold and 2 support per village from the very start on latest mod version available through in-game mod finder.
Are you taking the starting funds bonus?
Violet-n-red

Post by Violet-n-red »

vghetto wrote: January 28th, 2021, 7:27 am Are you taking the starting funds bonus?
yes, i do. is that it? i took it every time, i think. not sure anymore.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Yes, I think that's it. :)
It applies to the first season only.
Without it, you'll get the regular income and support.
Violet-n-red

Post by Violet-n-red »

ok, this looks broken. started on hard, picked starting gold as one of the bonuses, farms generate 2 gold, but the advisor says i get 0 gold in spring, 0 gold in summoer and 0 gold in autumn.

btw, i kinda like how highest difficulty removes some starting options since they looked clearly superior to others anyway.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Thanks, I'll reword it in the next upload. I'll add the objective note about the caravan too.
vorwi

Post by vorwi »

If there is option to build wooden keep then how about AMLA that would make your unit able to recruit units?

edit1:
It looks like Version 1.11.12 gonna entertain me for hours :3
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

vorwi wrote: February 6th, 2021, 8:26 pm If there is option to build wooden keep then how about AMLA that would make your unit able to recruit units?
Done. This frees up the leader and allows for building disconnected small towns :)
The new amla leaders can recruit,recall and stand down units.
Note, losing the main tent will result in instant defeat still. So it's better to have some unit standing there just in case.
vorwi wrote: February 6th, 2021, 8:26 pm It looks like Version 1.11.12 gonna entertain me for hours :3
Hope so, I just uploaded the latest version.
One more thing, blowing the siren cannot be undone for the season.
I did not test if losing an amla leader in the fief side quests results in a defeat, I don't think it does. But if it did let me know :)
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Finally decided about the mercs issue.
It will be as before, you'll get 4, but you'll be able to select the type of each unit.
All 4 can be woses if you wish :)
The number gets boosted to 5 with the strong guardian bonus or completing 10 orcs quests.

Edit: Just uploaded latest 1.11.13
weewah

Post by weewah »

Some suggestions about Fief:
  • The fief call should arrive on turn 30 instead of turn 3, for two reasons: (1) it is an "URGENT" call, not something that can wait for a whole season. (2) I think it lets you skip entire seasons if you respond to the fief ASAP, which means the terrible undeads and calamities can be skipped over and prevented from spawning.
  • The number of fief enemies shouldn't be random, just give them a random amount of starting gold if randomness is desired.
  • An option to abandon fief would be nice: if the enemies turn out to be too strong, you can have your leader run away to the edge of the map or something. Then you don't get any gold rewards, but at least your campaign doesn't end.
  • Fief's gold reward seems incredibly high. Not only do you get the base 1000? gold, you also get the village income AND the early finish bonus, for a total of usually over 1600 gold. How about reducing the base gold to 500, and getting rid of the village income and early finish gold?
  • How about increasing fief difficulty and reward every time you beat one? Something like, +200 gold reward each time, but the two enemies each gain +30 starting gold on average?
  • Finally, I wanna eat mushrooms in fief! They just sit there, taunting me! :lol:
vorwi

Post by vorwi »

weewah wrote: February 15th, 2021, 5:21 am Some suggestions about Fief:
  • How about increasing fief difficulty and reward every time you beat one? Something like, +200 gold reward each time, but the two enemies each gain +30 starting gold on average?
That sounds like more fun in endless game. However other suggestions make player more likely to skip fief mission so there is need for some kind of penalty when its skipped. Maybe something like additional enemy in next season.