Life of Mechzen - Single Player Campaign

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Vilebeggar

Re: Life of Mechzen - Single Player Campaign

Post by Vilebeggar »

Konrad2 wrote: September 12th, 2020, 11:17 am S5
The boat demands upkeep.
Dreoponup demands upkeep.

Why does Lvl 2 Mechzen (Mage) have only attacks with 2 strikes, even though the lvl 1 version has an attack with 3 strikes?
At s5 gold doesn't matter as you wont be recruiting units for another 3 scenarios. The reason lvl 2 has 2 strikes is that i sacrificed strikes for damage. Also you said you were playing on hard mode, well i have not tested it so it may be unbalanced and quite frankly unplayable for the moment.
Competitive Wesnoth. For the fans by the fans.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Apparently I was wrong, it's not Dreoponup, it's Naira who demands upkeep.
SexyPringles

Post by SexyPringles »

is this campaing supposed to start from scenario named River of Sorrow? it feels like the campaing started from middle of the story and not from the start or is it intentional? and if it is then any tips to beat it? it seems very hard when i am only having lv.1 units and my ally seems rather suicidal while the orcs are rolling over me with lv.2 orcs and few lv.3 trolls.
Hippity Hoppity, this is my property:Tale of Thunedain
Vilebeggar

Post by Vilebeggar »

SexyPringles wrote: September 16th, 2020, 5:58 pm is this campaing supposed to start from scenario named River of Sorrow? it feels like the campaing started from middle of the story and not from the start or is it intentional? and if it is then any tips to beat it? it seems very hard when i am only having lv.1 units and my ally seems rather suicidal while the orcs are rolling over me with lv.2 orcs and few lv.3 trolls.
At what turn did the scenario become unplayable?
SexyPringles

Post by SexyPringles »

At what turn did the scenario become unplayable?
I could hold against my enemies till turn 10 and by that time the orcs are pretty close of my allys camp and my ally starts to do suicide attacks and dies. But what about my first question that was left unanwsered: is the campaing supposed to start from scenario River of Sorrow?
rmj

Post by rmj »

The campaign starts at scenario 9. Vilebeggar forgot to change the _main.cfg file back to the first scenario.
rmj
Vilebeggar

Post by Vilebeggar »

rmj wrote: September 18th, 2020, 4:51 pm The campaign starts at scenario 9. Vilebeggar forgot to change the _main.cfg file back to the first scenario.
Silly me, and its been like that for a whole week too.
SexyPringles

Post by SexyPringles »

Now the campaign starts from scenario 6

Edit: thanks for the fix but im now stuck in scenario 10 River of Sorrow. I was able to go till turn 15 until im overwhelmed by the orcs. In my opinion it would be good to give control of one of your allies to you and make the second ally play more defensively.
Vilebeggar

Post by Vilebeggar »

SexyPringles wrote: September 18th, 2020, 7:48 pm Now the campaign starts from scenario 6

Edit: thanks for the fix but im now stuck in scenario 10 River of Sorrow. I was able to go till turn 15 until im overwhelmed by the orcs. In my opinion it would be good to give control of one of your allies to you and make the second ally play more defensively.
Ill be patching many gameplay bugs tomorrow including this.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Both 'Oh Brother' and 'River of Sorrow' have two sides with the color 'purple', and to make matters worse, they are on different teams.

River of Sorrow gives me 8 turns to walk to a signpost I'd need 10 turns to walk to if noone stands in my way. Is this supposed to be beatable without reloading?
Spoiler:
(There are lots of typos and missspellings and other things, but I'm not willing to put in the effort to report them.)

EDIT:
To the Mountains
When you spot the Orcs guarding the caged beast, the scenario objectives are replaced instead of being expanded upon.

EDIT 2:
A couple of serious bugs/flaws in that scenario:
a) The scenario doesn't care whether your allied dwarf lives or dies. You don't lose if he dies. Even the dialogue you'd have with him triggers when you get close enough to his keep. And yes, you still win in that case. (I'm plenty curious how this is going to impact the next scenarios.)
b) The scenario doesn't care at all whether you freed that Yak or not. It just pretends that you did.
c) The scenario isn't exactly beatable on hard.
Attachments
LoM-To the Mountains replay.gz
(64.34 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
Vilebeggar

Post by Vilebeggar »

Thanks for the feedback Konrad, i will be getting into working it next week. Also note for the fact that you said that the scenario doesnt care if you free the yak or not. Yes that its true i am aware of that, i just dont know how to code this situation for the moment, also i doubt that there will be any player that wont be attempting to free the yak. Now id like you to report errors from anything after scenario 11 as noone until now has said a word about it.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Vilebeggar wrote: September 28th, 2020, 1:11 pm Thanks for the feedback Konrad, i will be getting into working it next week. Also note for the fact that you said that the scenario doesnt care if you free the yak or not. Yes that its true i am aware of that, i just dont know how to code this situation for the moment, also i doubt that there will be any player that wont be attempting to free the yak. Now id like you to report errors from anything after scenario 11 as noone until now has said a word about it.
I did attempt it, but after a couple of tries I figured out that I don't have any chance to free it and survive. Even the way I did it cost me 6 loyal max lvl units. And my allies died. :D

For Sc12 and onwards the dialogue part of the Yak is missing of course. The elvish scenario... I'm not sure how I'm supposed to do this without making some sneaky dash towards the southern elves.

I haven't made it far into the Drake scenario for now.
Vilebeggar

Post by Vilebeggar »

Konrad2 wrote: September 28th, 2020, 2:32 pm
Vilebeggar wrote: September 28th, 2020, 1:11 pm Thanks for the feedback Konrad, i will be getting into working it next week. Also note for the fact that you said that the scenario doesnt care if you free the yak or not. Yes that its true i am aware of that, i just dont know how to code this situation for the moment, also i doubt that there will be any player that wont be attempting to free the yak. Now id like you to report errors from anything after scenario 11 as noone until now has said a word about it.
I did attempt it, but after a couple of tries I figured out that I don't have any chance to free it and survive. Even the way I did it cost me 6 loyal max lvl units. And my allies died. :D

For Sc12 and onwards the dialogue part of the Yak is missing of course. The elvish scenario... I'm not sure how I'm supposed to do this without making some sneaky dash towards the southern elves.

I haven't made it far into the Drake scenario for now.
But i told you hard mode is untested....
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Vilebeggar wrote: September 28th, 2020, 3:38 pm But i told you hard mode is untested....
But right now I'm testing it for you and giving feedback and I had never any intention to try an easier difficulty...
SexyPringles

Post by SexyPringles »

Scenario Passing the Ford
Spoiler: