(Wesnoth v1.15.5) The Exilir of Life - A Short-ish Dunefolk Campaign

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

CalculusKing

(Wesnoth v1.15.5) The Exilir of Life - A Short-ish Dunefolk Campaign

Post by CalculusKing »

So I put a hold on my other campaign, The Young Khan, on account of the massive ongoing rebalancing for the Dunefolk which seems to have mostly stabilized for the time-being. That campaign will have to be heavily reworked from the very beginning on account of the rebalance, which is fine but will require intense time commitment during the Christmas break to even get started with.

I also concluded that The Young Khan will have to be rebalanced towards the intermediate or even expert level in difficulty. But I really want there to be an accessible, story rich Dunefolk campaign out there for beginners. So I decided to spin off a prequel dealing with the origins of Ibrahim the Wise, the scholar-physician mentor of the main protagonist of TYK.

Ibrahim, you see, is a bit older than you think - about a century older, in fact. This is the story of how he briefly gained access to, and destroyed, the means to create an elixir of life, of how he thwarted an army of ruthless exiles seeking this secret and defied the ancient evil that possessed it, of how the dry lands of the south were saved from an age of sorcerous tyranny and the victims of such a time were at last avenged. It is the tale of a courageous young apprentice alchemist thrust into great peril, and of how he redeemed his old master's failures.

Such is the legacy of The Elixir of Life.

Enclosed in the .zip file below are the files needed to play the first scenario of the campaign.

FUTURE RELEASES WILL NOT BE ATTACHED TO THIS POST. RATHER, A LINK TO THE LATEST RELEASE WILL BE AFFIXED TO THE END OF THIS POST.
Attachments
The_Elixir_of_Life.zip
(3.29 MiB) Downloaded 208 times