Export Terrain WML to PNG or JPG?

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

morbus

Export Terrain WML to PNG or JPG?

Post by morbus »

Given a terrain file, is there anyway to generate a final PNG or JPG of it (with transitions like coast displayed properly)? Any scripts? I know there's wercator, but I'd rather not make any style changes to the map at all.
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

Add the terrain to your config files and use the map editor then get a screenshot.
morbus

Post by morbus »

Well, screenshotting isn't ideal - the map editor built into Wesnoth 0.91 of the OS X application (it is missing from the 0.92 version) doesn't show transitions (ie., I can place a water and a grass tile next to each other, but not see any coast stuff, nor am I able to select that transition/tile in the tile dialog), and I need to make a gigantic map (at least 200x100) which would involve a lot of screenshots and then a lot of postprocessing to splice them all together into one image. Not ideal at all.
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

MM I was talking about the "vanilla map editor" which uses the same framework as the game. I dont know why it isn't included in the OsX bundle (maybe it's there, just check carefully inside the package)
Gafgarion

Post by Gafgarion »

fmunoz wrote:MM I was talking about the "vanilla map editor" which uses the same framework as the game. I dont know why it isn't included in the OsX bundle (maybe it's there, just check carefully inside the package)
It isn't included in the 0.9.2 OSX package because said package was not compiled by Sithrandel.
-Gafgarion
Elvish Pillager wrote:Normal Trolls use clubs, not ostriches.
"Language is the source of misunderstandings." -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
jonathantan86

Post by jonathantan86 »

I have the same problem as the original poster.

But with the map editor I still have to do postprocessing (cropping the map areas out and arranging them together). Is there any other way?
sanna

Post by sanna »

fmunoz wrote:MM I was talking about the "vanilla map editor" which uses the same framework as the game. I dont know why it isn't included in the OsX bundle (maybe it's there, just check carefully inside the package)
The vanilla map editor, which shows transitions, have not been included in the osx packages for as long as I have been around. The scenario editor, made by Sithrandel, does include a map editor, but as the original poster says, it does not show transitions. And it is not in the 0.9.2 release.

If you want the vanilla map editor for osx, you could try downloading the version submitted by scott (http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5714) or compile wesnoth yourself with xcode. (At least I think that what scott provided is the vanilla map editor!)
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

sanna wrote:The vanilla map editor, which shows transitions, have not been included in the osx packages for as long as I have been around.
It was included in at least two releases --- IIRC 0.8.10 and 0.8.11.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.