A New Order.

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

AxalaraFlame

Re: A New Order.

Post by AxalaraFlame »

szopen wrote:This bug should be already fixed.

As for fire resistance, the problem is, that with 10% fire resistance the "Lorin's wars" are walkovers. Naffats cut through the Akladians like hot knife through the butter. Two choices is either to add more gp to enemies, or to remove naffats from the recruitment list. I do not like both. And the next time I will have time to balance will be probably only in weekend, and likely later.

Oh yes. That is designed to be. Only defenders (Homeguards and Lv ups) have 20%. What's wrong?
szopen

Post by szopen »

Where's the excitement of getting mages later in game, if you can easily get rid of Akladians with bunch of cheap naffats?
"Even when the Slav is gay the effort is often evident" -- P. R. RADOSAVLJEVICH
teamleader

Post by teamleader »

Very nice campaign, nice story and design. I liked the way you can choose the ending by interacting with npcs, enemies etc. Played on medium dificult, I found akladians a bit overpowered until I got the mages, I didn't cared for interrogating the enemies at started so i missed some things, i did it first on the rob roe's map. Thanks for that amazing work.
macherb

Post by macherb »

Hi,

Reading the posts - there is a lot going on! Wow.

But I cannot play any longer - I am stuck.
About a week ago I had to give up in the scenario "trapped" and start over. This time I arrived at scouting, did all three maps and now I cannot go forwards or backwards. I am trapped. Strange, that a week ago I could return to Freetown. Now Ruvio tells me: "We have nothing to report and we have not found anything about the orcs." When I try to enter one of the other maps he asks: " We already were in .... Where to now?"

This behaviour was already described (without solution) earlier (2008):
http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22169

Could it be that this problem is seen only when the maps are done in a certain order?
This time I tried: She-Wolf - Swamps - Barnon
Last time it was - I cannot reconstract the order - probably the swaps was the last map before returning to freetown.
szopen

Post by szopen »

macherb wrote:Hi,

Reading the posts - there is a lot going on! Wow.

But I cannot play any longer - I am stuck.
About a week ago I had to give up in the scenario "trapped" and start over. This time I arrived at scouting, did all three maps and now I cannot go forwards or backwards. I am trapped. Strange, that a week ago I could return to Freetown. Now Ruvio tells me: "We have nothing to report and we have not found anything about the orcs." When I try to enter one of the other maps he asks: " We already were in .... Where to now?"

This behaviour was already described (without solution) earlier (2008):
http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22169

Could it be that this problem is seen only when the maps are done in a certain order?
This time I tried: She-Wolf - Swamps - Barnon
Last time it was - I cannot reconstract the order - probably the swaps was the last map before returning to freetown.
This is really strange behaviour. Could you please post your savegames? I could look into it when I will free time. Unfortunately currently I am on vacation with only limited access to emails and internet (or, even to my regular computer). I cannot promise I will arrive with the solution very soon -- I end the vacation only in September.
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

szopen wrote:Where's the excitement of getting mages later in game, if you can easily get rid of Akladians with bunch of cheap naffats?
:hmm:
Naffats are cheap? They deal fairly low damage, and that damage costs 19 gold
szopen

Post by szopen »

Well, "Lorin's wars" are now winnable by simply recalling Akladian units and recruting the naffats for the remaining gold. At that point usually I have about 250-300 gp (IIRC, I would have to check savegames), so it's no problem to have six or more naffats. They get rid of three enemy units per turn.

But I let it stay that way for a moment. Anyway,

Changelog for 1.2.7b
* Description of Lord Bor Cryne modified
* test inclusion of six sleepwalker's sprites (extracted by hand from posted
composite image in forum; when I will get his pngs, I will include them all), since
I am on vacation now and i am too lazy to do any real work.
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

One more thought in addition to the pm:
You added music. This is very nice. However I do believe it would be beneficial if you split it up in a separate download. So you have 2 downloads 35 MB each and the music could be used by others more easily. If people have bandwidth constrains, or you make an update or people do not care: No need to download the music.
szopen

Post by szopen »

Wussel wrote:One more thought in addition to the pm:
You added music. This is very nice. However I do believe it would be beneficial if you split it up in a separate download. So you have 2 downloads 35 MB each and the music could be used by others more easily. If people have bandwidth constrains, or you make an update or people do not care: No need to download the music.
Will be done in next release.

As for the terrain, I have no time yet to test it in a real game. There are few places where this spriotes would be nice -- but only if they would be consistent with the rest of the map. I find out in the past that sometimes cool music, or cool picture, or cool sprite look totally odd in a live game.
szopen

Post by szopen »

The new release is just going to the servers.

Changelog for 1.2.8 (szopen)
* Sleepwalker's sprites used for neutral, chaotic and lawful side. Those
are extracted by hand from his composite image and their position might
be slightly off
* corrected bug after 16 "Choosing the best" - invalid WML caused some code to be
executed only partially, which contributed to not clearing recruit list
* .pbl changes
* split music in separate package.
* Removing WML which caused engine errors from 05_Unexpected Guests

I took a time and i've countedon which place s ANO - 37th.. far, far from what it was at the highest....

EDIT: I have cleared the cache, exited wesnoth, removed the campaign, downloaded and everything seems to be working just fine. If it does not for you, please say so, but I could answer only when I will be back from my vacation (or, within next two hours from this moment)

As for the images of houses, they need to wait, for reasons explained (soon) in ANO art thread.
szopen

Post by szopen »

Argh! per matherton, Akladian Clansmen have no attacks. I have no access to my laptop, so I can't even find out what's wrong. If someone will figure out the solution, please post it here in the forums. I can't even check what's wrong, and moreover, within few minutes my wife will cut off me from internet and I highly doubt I could find access within next two weeks.

I blame myself for posting a release without checking it more properly. I think I know where could be the reason -- probably by cutting out the animations from last release and replacing it with sleepwalker's samples, I have probably removed also the descriptions of attacks from all units from lawful line (Akladian_Clansman.cfg and Warrior, Pikeneer and LIght_inFnatry from units subdirectory). This is just my hunch, but I believe it must be it, because nothing else should affect the behaviour per matherton...
szopen

Post by szopen »

Here are the updated files. I can't check whether they actually work, but they should. Just post them to the add-ons/A_New_Order/units/akladians directory. in linux it is on ~/.local/share/wesnoth/1.1/add-ons/A_New_Order/units/akladians. I don't know where it is on windows. Just use find feature of windows to locate "A_New_Order" directory. The same with mac. Hope it helps. I will post a new release in twoo weeks -- but I have also posted a PM to matherton with, maybe he will have time to publish a new release of campaign with corrected files.

Sorry for inconvenience.
Attachments
Akladian_Warrior.cfg
(1008 Bytes) Downloaded 304 times
Akladian_Pikeneer.cfg
(2.38 KiB) Downloaded 294 times
Akladian_LightInfantry.cfg
(1.17 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
Akladian_Clansman.cfg
(1.18 KiB) Downloaded 330 times
szopen

Post by szopen »

Hi boys and girls, I'm back from vacation. first of all thanks a lot to Matherton, who kindly upgraded the ANO when I was away. Second, very kindly thanks to Wussel, who generously donated money for commissioning the Yahyazad portrait. As such, you may count on new upgraded portrait with next mayor (i.e 1.2.9, but not 1.2.8b) release.

If you have any bug report, please report it here now, preferably with your savegames attached and description how to provoke the bug to appear.

(ah, and BTW, if you feel generous and want to donate few euros or want to draw an image for the ANO, please look at the list here:
http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 82#p536282)
szopen

Post by szopen »

Changelog for 1.2.8b (szopen)
* modified Akladian race description and Kyobaine discussion per Kanzil and
Celtic_Minstrel

Changelog for 1.2.8a (matherton)
* bugfix release (re-added missing attacks for Akladian units)

BTW, I've just turned 36

ANd second BTW: I have huge problems with PayPal and my own bank.

Wussel, i can't commission new portrait until I will solve this problems. They require me to give full name of bank account holder, but the problem is that in my case my account is shared; paypal advices to contact my bank, and my bank says they have no idea and they do not cooperate with paypal.

And the fee if I will made a mistake is 30PLN.
In worse case I will transfer directly from paypal to Łukasz Zaręba, and I will cover the differences from my own money. I hope my wife won't be mad, fter all, this is my birthdsay :)
szopen

Post by szopen »

Changelog for 1.2.8c (szopen)
* updated french translation (thanks Pyrophorus!)

Still don't know what's with paypal.