Attachments
delfador_901.png
delfador_901.png (21.61 KiB) Viewed 3518 times
delfador_477.png
delfador_477.png (60.87 KiB) Viewed 3518 times
lisar_191.png
lisar_191.png (62.57 KiB) Viewed 3518 times
... all romantics meet the same fate someday
Cynical and drunk and boring someone in some dark cafe ...
All good dreamers pass this way some day
Hidin’ behind bottles in dark cafes
Pickslide
Art Contributor

Post by Pickslide »

cool. I'll remember to archive my stuff from now on. Anyway, here's new delfador, in a talking pose. I don't think I'm gonna change Lisar, I understand the argument but it looks good and I don't see why I shouldn't base it off here higher level sprite. Konrads sprite isn't wearing armor at all at first either.

Also, I've posted some campaign story sketches in the story pics needed thread, in case anyone wnats to make comments. Watch out for spoilers though.
Attachments
Delfador.png
Delfador.png (130.05 KiB) Viewed 3484 times
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Shadow wrote:I got them I liked them and saved them to my harddrive

which one else?
Kalenz's picture, I don't have.
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Jetryl wrote:
Shadow wrote:I got them I liked them and saved them to my harddrive

which one else?
Kalenz's picture, I don't have.
No problem
Attachments
kalenz_839.png
kalenz_839.png (28.16 KiB) Viewed 3443 times
... all romantics meet the same fate someday
Cynical and drunk and boring someone in some dark cafe ...
All good dreamers pass this way some day
Hidin’ behind bottles in dark cafes
charlieg

Post by charlieg »

Caçada Selvagem wrote:yeah, except delfanor's, he looks meanie
Deflador is an old, wisened, hardened wizard. He's not going to look like a dappy old man, but rather be a commanding and powerful figure. I think the approach Pickleslide is taking is perfect, that's exactly how I picture a grand wizard to be.
Elvish Pillager wrote:I don't think Delfador and Li'sar are good enough... Li'sar is really different from both her unit graphics and description, and doesn't even look good that
How can you say that doesn't look good? And isn't Li'sar based off of her upgraded unit graphic? What's wrong with that?
Elvish Pillager wrote:Other than that, I really think they're high quality. :) Unfortunately, it's not generally a good idea putting some new portraits in and leaving others in the old style. So, could you make some better Delfador and Li'sar portraits?
Um... that makes no sense. He's redoing all the portraits in his style, rather than creating ones complimentary to fmunoz's original portraits.

Other than the point on Li'sar looking different to her unit (and how hard would it be to recolour the unit or the portrait) I don't really understand the objections. Pickleslide's work is very high quality and a marked improvement over what is currently in the game.
Last edited by charlieg on January 10th, 2005, 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Free Gamer - free games compendium & commentary
FreeGameDev - free game development community
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

charlieg wrote:Other than the point on Li'sar looking different to her unit (and how hard would it be to recolour the unit or the portrait) I don't really understand the objections. Pickleslide's work is very high quality and a marked improvement over what is currently in the game.
I don't understand your statements of misundestanding, so I can't help you. :( Anyway, all the images now except Li'sar's are very good, I just don't like the portrait of Li'sar/
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Disto

Post by Disto »

Maybe if we can change the portrait for the level. So when she levels up she can use the one already done but if we can get a new one for the lower level.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Disto wrote:Maybe if we can change the portrait for the level. So when she levels up she can use the one already done but if we can get a new one for the lower level.
This portrait, though, doesn't even look all that much like the level 3... but yes, that would fit enough, I suppose. Level 2 really needs a different portrait, though.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

charlieg wrote:Um... that makes no sense. He's redoing all the portraits in his style, rather than creating ones complimentary to fmunoz's original portraits.
Elvish Pillager does not think the Li'sar ones were good enough for game. Thus. he thinks none of them should be included until a suitable replacement for li'sar is found. Make sense now? :)

BTW, portraits are cool. There's a reason i asked pickslide to do SE portraits in the first place... :)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Circon

Post by Circon »

I've gotten some impressive artowrk for TDH just now. Tanar (orc) had foot-long elven ears, and Gwiti looked rather young, but the art was of a very high quality overall.