Complete Faction List

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

JW wrote:Turin, Wayfarer, Disto, Belwar, Assassin, Warrior King, Neoriceisgood, ILikeProgramming, The Raven, Kafka, Thunderblade, Logan, Jester, szopen, Zhukov, Temuchin Khan, Foxwolf, kshinji, Anyar, Cuyo Quiz, dreampilot, Ranger M, and Nyoga:

I'd really appreciate it if you guys could send me the info for your factions.
(emphasis added ;))

I guess that means me.
Well, for a start the most up-to-date stats of the Steppe Orcs can be found here.
The unit graphics are being made here.

At time of posting the factions completion status is:
Playablity: the .cfg's have yet to be writen up. Thus, unplayable.
Basic unit art: about half finished.
Animation: hasn't even been started. Wont be finished for ages.
Credit: Thrawn - artistic contribution. Zookeeper - WML coding and general assistance. Casual User - balancing. Doc Paterson - balancing.(probably others as well, but they are the main ones.

That's the basics. I don't have time to post the rest yet. Also, in my case, I would reccomend that you leave my faction blank until I release the playable version. Otherwise you would simply have to update it later on, seeing as playtesting will probably bring more changes.

Also I added a short description of my faction on the index of your wiki page. Hope you don't mind.

I think this is a great idea and I'm impressed that you are willing to make this commitment of effort. I checked out the page you made of Ranger M's faction, great work! :D
JW

Post by JW »

Thanks Zhukov! :)

Don't worry about me getting to your faction's site. I plan on writing up the default factions first, so I can gladly wait until you feel comfortable to write your page. Alternatively, if you would like to write up the page yourself it isn't that hard if you simply copy-and-paste from my help page. :)

Ooh...on a side note, I should update the help page since the layout is a litle difficult to discern immediately. Thanks for the inspiration and again for the compliments! :)